HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers WANT Richards

Old
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Rangers WANT Richards

As others have already repeated, during the intermission of the Bos-Tor game, Pierre LeBrun stated that the Rangers very much want Brad Richards. Originally, they were content to wait for July 1, but, now they fear another team getting him at the deadline with the ability to sign him. So, according to LeBrun, they are willing to part with assets. Now, as a Ranger fan, I'm guessing that the only assets off limits are Dubinsky, Callahan, Stepan, Staal, Del Zotto, Gaborik and Lundqvist, and most likely Kreider. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like Anisimov made available if the Rangers believe they can re-sign Richards.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Brand New Stars

It'd be extremely tough for them to get Richards without giving up one of those players you mentioned.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Kitten Mittons

Why are Dubinsky and Callahan off-limits? You have to give to get. Do you expect Dallas trade Richards for Redden?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 09:55 PM
beastly115

Dallas gets: Rozsival, Grachev, McDonagh, 2nd (becomes a 1st if Richards resigns)

NYR gets: Richards, Daley

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
lakai17

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
As others have already repeated, during the intermission of the Bos-Tor game, Pierre LeBrun stated that the Rangers very much want Brad Richards. Originally, they were content to wait for July 1, but, now they fear another team getting him at the deadline with the ability to sign him. So, according to LeBrun, they are willing to part with assets. Now, as a Ranger fan, I'm guessing that the only assets off limits are Dubinsky, Callahan, Stepan, Staal, Del Zotto, Gaborik and Lundqvist, and most likely Kreider. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like Anisimov made available if the Rangers believe they can re-sign Richards.
Wow, that seems too much, I was only going to say your only assets were Staal, Gaborik and Lundqvist and maybe Del Zotto, other than that I dont see you guys getting Richards, plus the Rags seem to always have some crazy salary situation going.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Why are Dubinsky and Callahan off-limits? You have to give to get. Do you expect Dallas trade Richards for Redden?
Why? LOL. Callahan and Dubinsky are the future captains of this team. They're not going anywhere for a possible rental.

12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

It'll be a shame if the Stars have trade richards mean while they could make the playoffs if they kept him at the deadline

as an Isles fan I don't want to see richards to gaborik highlights

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Why? LOL. Callahan and Dubinsky are the future captains of this team. They're not going anywhere for a possible rental.
Can't have two captains...

Old
12-04-2010, 10:04 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Can we please stop with these rentals theories.

If the Rangers trade for Richards I can guarentee 99.5% that he will be resigned. Especially if/when you look at the package the Rangers send the other way then that is a hint to what the Rangers intentions are.

Like I said I can almost guarentee that if the Rangers get Richards he will be signed long term.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
If Dallas is out of the playoff race by the deadline, I can see them shipping Richards to New York. It's going to require a big return on the Rangers part though.

Trades for big-name players on deadline day in the past have returned at least a good roster player, a nice prospect, and a 1st.

Hossa got Atlanta Armstrong + Christensen + Esposito + 1st. Kovalchuk got Atlanta Oduya + Bergfors + Cormier + 1st. Richards is playing like a superstar right now and did last year. The Rangers will have to pay to get him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Rangers sweater at some point this season.

Richards also has a 7.8M cap hit so the Rangers would most likely have to dump some salary at some point if they wanted to add him. Whether they do so by another trade or by getting Dallas to take one of their bigger contracts remains to be seen, if such a trade does happen.

Last edited by Rivet52: 12-04-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
Can't have two captains...
Captain
Assistant Captain 1
Assistant Captain 2

???

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

Old
12-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Drive 4 5 View Post
as an Isles fan I don't want to see richards to gaborik highlights
you and me both.

if all of those players mentioned in the OP are not available, i fail to see how the Rangers can land Richards. who knows. this Richards to ___ stuff will be interesting to follow as the season goes on.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Quote:
It'd be extremely tough for them to get Richards without giving up one of those players you mentioned.
Disagreed. Kovalchuk didn't get anything close to those players.

Tie Domi Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Captain
Assistant Captain 1
Assistant Captain 2

???

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

Hey look I can shake my head too. I shake my head at the giant list of untouchables when trying to trade for an elite player. The number of people on these boards that try to trade quantity for quality is just ridiculous.

Old
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Glenny boy is getting an itchy trigger finger. Gotta give to get. If Sather is confident he can re-sign Richards he'll make the deal.

I'd have to think MDZ is the asking price. Dallas doesn't want Gilroy, Christensen, and Roszival for an elite 1st line C.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfernee Hardaway View Post
Disagreed. Kovalchuk didn't get anything close to those players.
The Rangers would, almost without doubt, have to give up Kreider. Especially if they didn't want to part with one of those other assets.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Brand New Stars

Del Zotto would almost certainly have to be coming to Dallas.

Old
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Now, as a Ranger fan, I'm guessing that the only assets off limits are Dubinsky, Callahan, Stepan, Staal, Del Zotto, Gaborik and Lundqvist, and most likely Kreider.
What a coincidence! Some combination of those players is what it would take to get him. Funny how that works.

Dallas is sitting second in the west. They aren't trading him unless that changes dramatically.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

Hey look I can shake my head too. I shake my head at the giant list of untouchables when trying to trade for an elite player. The people on these boards that try to trade quantity for quality is just ridiculous.
By people you better not be referring to me because I have yet to make such a proposal.

HOWEVER,

I could see something along the lines of this:

To
Alex Frolov
Evgeny Grachev
Ryan McDonagh/Pavel Valentenko/Dylan McIlarth
Picks

To
Brad Richards
Possibly even Daley

Reasoning:

Frolov: Frolov is a good player that can still help the Stars compete this year. He is also off the books this year giving Dallas their needed cap relief
Grachev: Has good potential to possibly be a 2nd line winger
D-men: Alll have great talents to help Dallas out and all are cheap

I think that is MUCH better than the NJ-ATL deal for Kovalchuk. It is a good deal for both teams with both sides getting what they want/need.

Old
12-04-2010, 10:14 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

I'd have to think that at least kreider, or possibly stephan would be available for richards, even if he is a UFA.

and dont expect daley back unless you're giving up one of the young dmen. Dallas is happy with him, and wont give him up unless you give someone who can replace him next year. I could see daley going back if one of staal or mdz was the main piece for richards, but otherwise no.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:15 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
If Dallas is out of the playoff race by the deadline, I can see them shipping Richards to New York. It's going to require a big return on the rangers part though.

Trades for big-name players on deadline day in the past have returned at least a good roster player, a nice prospect, and a 1st.

Hossa got Atlanta Armstrong + Christensen + Esposito + 1st. Kovalchuk got Atlanta Oduya + Bergfors + Cormier + 1st. Richards is playing like a superstar right now and did last year. The Rangers will have to pay to get him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Rangers sweater at some point this season.

Richards also has a 7.8M cap hit so the Rangers would most likely have to dump some salary at some point if they wanted to add him. Whether they do so by another trade or by getting Dallas to take one of their bigger contracts remains to be seen, if such a trade does happen.
Which is why I suggested someone like Anisimov would be available. Richards is also older than both Kovalchuk and Hossa were when they were dealt.

As for salary, Todd While and Matt Gilroy make over a combined $4.2 million, and can be sent to the AHL to create room, (and most likely will when Drury and/or Prospal get back). Frolov makes $3 million and could also be jettisoned. Eric Christensen makes just under $1 million, but, becomes completely unnecessary on the roster, (as if he's not already), with a Richards acquisition. And, the Rangers also have over $1.5 million in available cap space. The Rangers have avenues to be absorb Richards' salary.

Old
12-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
The Rangers would, almost without doubt, have to give up Kreider. Especially if they didn't want to part with one of those other assets.
I'd have to agree. If Dubinsky and Callahan are off-limits, you'd have to think Kreider would be going the other way at least.

I'm sure the Stars would be interested in Del Zotto. They haven't had a legit offensive D-man since Zubov left.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
What a coincidence! Some combination of those players is what it would take to get him. Funny how that works.

Dallas is sitting second in the west. They aren't trading him unless that changes dramatically.
Right, because the team trading the superstar player ALWAYS gets back equal value at deadline deals.

Old
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
richards is insanely talented and you dont want to get rid of those guys? how will he be traded for then?

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Using the Kovalchuk deal as precedent, I'd guess the package would have to look like:

Girardi + Anisimov + Werek + 1st

Like the Kovy deal, there's a top-4 defenseman, promising young forward, above-average prospect, and a 1st rounder. Girardi is better than Oduya, Bergfors had more value than Anisimov has, and Werek and Cormier are similar prospects.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote