REPORT: Hotchkiss to sell Flames shares

Old
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
REPORT: Hotchkiss to sell Flames shares

Quote:
Although nothing official has been announced, word has leaked out that Harley Hotchkiss has asked the National Hockey League's board of governors to approve sale of his 22 per cent stake in the club to another member or other members of the existing ownership.

TSN reporter Darren Dreger said the sale is expected to be approved at next week's board of governors' meetings. There was no speculation as to which member of the current ownership group, or members, would be purchasing the share.

Quote:
The 83-year-old Hotchkiss, a noted humanitarian, has been quietly dealing with some health issues during the past year or so.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Hotchki...#ixzz17CpwKerP

Last edited by StreakingRed: 12-04-2010 at 10:37 PM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:29 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I made some comment in another thread that I'd sell my share if I was one of the owners... do you think that he read it?

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I made some comment in another thread that I'd sell my share if I was one of the owners... do you think that he read it?
No. Its that he's been having health issues and would rather pass on the money from the sale after his death than his shares. He's famous as a humanitarian so I imagine much of the proceeds will end up with charities.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
GototheFlamestotheGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
No. Its that he's been having health issues and would rather pass on the money from the sale after his death than his shares. He's famous as a humanitarian so I imagine much of the proceeds will end up with charities.
Unlikely that health issues is the only reason that he's selling his shares off. I think it would make much more sense from a business standpoint to sell his shares now rather than waiting. This team sure looks like it is heading down the rebuild road and the value of a franchise usually diminishes during playoff dry spells. Best to make the most of your shares now rather than later when they're worth less.

Harley's a really smart man and knowing that the team is declining, coupled with his health issues, it would indicate that this is the best time to sell of his shares.

GototheFlamestotheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GototheFlamestotheGo View Post

Harley's a really smart man and knowing that the team is declining, coupled with his health issues, it would indicate that this is the best time to sell of his shares.
Exactly

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
GoFlames

As we say in the world of mining juniors..... pump and dump lol.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Hotchkiss selling shares but continuing role with Flames

Quote:
Although Harley Hotchkiss is reportedly selling his 22 per cent stake in the Calgary Flames, he is not stepping back from his role on the board of directors said Flames president Ken King.

"His role and responsibilities have not changed at all from the board's standpoint," said King. "He's still very much involved. He's a vital and full member of the group."

Quote:
“This team has been a big part of my life for 30 years, and will continue to be, but life changes," Hotchkiss said. "I’ll still go to the games, I’ll still have my seats. I’ll still be a fan and stay on in a director’s role. My day-to-day involvement with the team won’t change. I wouldn’t want to be a part of something I couldn’t contribute to. And I still want to do that, as long as I’m able."

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Feel The Heat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sale of Harley Hotchkiss stake in Flames approved by NHL B of G.
Darren Dreger's Twitter

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote