HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

The Ottawa Senators - What a Joke

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2010, 12:30 PM
  #51
Flamingo
Registered User
 
Flamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
I dunno. Maybe bringing in cheerleaders would be a good idea after all.


Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:35 PM
  #52
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.
 
Uncle Eugene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Barbados
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
In court the other day there was a case regarding the custody of a small child. The judge asked the boy, "do you want to live with your mother?" He replied, "No I don't want to live with her because she beats me!" The judge then asked, "Do you want to live with your father?" The boy stated, "No he beats me too." Finally the judge asked, "where do you want to live?" The child responded, "I want to live with the Ottawa Senators, they dont beat anybody!"

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
  #53
blahblah3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 10721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Faith View Post
In court the other day there was a case regarding the custody of a small child. The judge asked the boy, "do you want to live with your mother?" He replied, "No I don't want to live with her because she beats me!" The judge then asked, "Do you want to live with your father?" The boy stated, "No he beats me too." Finally the judge asked, "where do you want to live?" The child responded, "I want to live with the Ottawa Senators, they dont beat anybody!"

Haha.

blahblah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
  #54
Afro Thunder*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Faith View Post
In court the other day there was a case regarding the custody of a small child. The judge asked the boy, "do you want to live with your mother?" He replied, "No I don't want to live with her because she beats me!" The judge then asked, "Do you want to live with your father?" The boy stated, "No he beats me too." Finally the judge asked, "where do you want to live?" The child responded, "I want to live with the Ottawa Senators, they dont hit anybody!"
fixed.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:45 AM
  #55
TrueSensFan
Registered User
 
TrueSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Leclaire is an awful goalie and he makes every average save look better than it is with his pathetic style and angles. All he does it lose.

Maybe if we had Elliott we could have won tonight, nearly every game we have started Leclaire this season we have lost. He's not a good goalie.
We haven't won with him because our team never plays in front of him. We've scored12 goals in 10 games with him in nets.

Get a clue!

TrueSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM
  #56
TrueSensFan
Registered User
 
TrueSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Sens have the second most goals against in the eastern conference (10 behind the TampaBay Lightning at 89, who just allowed 8 tonight) and second most losts with 14, one ahaid of the New Jersey Devils...

Good thing we always play Elliott eh?!?!?

TrueSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:21 AM
  #57
SP
Registered User
 
SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSensFan View Post
We haven't won with him because our team never plays in front of him. We've scored12 goals in 10 games with him in nets.

Get a clue!
And yet, Elliott has better numbers than Leclaire in every goaltending category this year.

And last year.

And the year before that.

Leclaire blows, get over it.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:23 AM
  #58
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!
 
Yelnats Puc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
Are we actually arguing about the ****ing goalies right now?

In case you guys haven't noticed, we don't win with either of them in net.

Martin Brodeur couldn't help this team right now.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 07:40 AM
  #59
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc View Post
Are we actually arguing about the ****ing goalies right now?

In case you guys haven't noticed, we don't win with either of them in net.

Martin Brodeur couldn't help this team right now.
I think we're arguing about everything right now.

Most people just can't comprehend that 20 players are playing badly night in, night out and it isn't because of personnel issues. So they're trying to scapegoat somebody to out the lazy, cancer they believe is destroying the team... which is usually the player they dislike the most whom they attack after every loss (whether they even played or not).

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
  #60
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!
 
Yelnats Puc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I think we're arguing about everything right now.

Most people just can't comprehend that 20 players are playing badly night in, night out and it isn't because of personnel issues. So they're trying to scapegoat somebody to out the lazy, cancer they believe is destroying the team... which is usually the player they dislike the most whom they attack after every loss (whether they even played or not).
Completely agree with everything here.

I'm not naive, obviously there's a huge problem with the team, but it's completely ridiculous to single out any player on this team. Hell, you'd be better off pointing out the handful (at most) of players playing well.



The goaltending is not the problem.

Kuba is not the problem.

Spezza is not the problem.

Fisher is not the problem.

Kovalev is not the problem.

Michalek is not the problem.

Shannon is not the problem.

Winchester is not the problem.

Phillips is not the problem.

Carkner is not the problem.

Gonchar is not the problem.

The problem lies in how the team as a whole is playing, not just the individual pieces.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:08 AM
  #61
Leachman
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
It's pretty sad. Everything goes away if they just win.

Leachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:28 AM
  #62
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc View Post
Completely agree with everything here.

I'm not naive, obviously there's a huge problem with the team, but it's completely ridiculous to single out any player on this team. Hell, you'd be better off pointing out the handful (at most) of players playing well.



The goaltending is not the problem.

Kuba is not the problem.

Spezza is not the problem.

Fisher is not the problem.

Kovalev is not the problem.

Michalek is not the problem.

Shannon is not the problem.

Winchester is not the problem.

Phillips is not the problem.

Carkner is not the problem.

Gonchar is not the problem.

The problem lies in how the team as a whole is playing, not just the individual pieces.
Totallly, and it's like that in every hockey league.

It reminds me of my deck hockey team this summer. We had a very decent season last winter and even won 8 of our last 9. So we made 2 major upgrades up front, as offense was a bit our weakness. We all thought we were going to be even better and "go all the way". Instead, we sucked so badly that the team doesn't even exist anymore...

We had no coach, no system, no discipline, no work ethic, no consistent effort. Looks a bit like the Sens this year...

Sometimes, teams don't click and I'm afraid the Sens can't click again under Clouston... Sens have a very capricious core it seems...

Clouston lost the control of his team

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:50 AM
  #63
Sensation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Woah, looks like I picked a rough time to join the bandwagon. Whatever, at least you guys have a 1st rounder.
All in for an "at least we have a 1st rounder" motto around here?

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:54 AM
  #64
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!
 
Yelnats Puc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCupOrBust View Post
All in for an "at least we have a 1st rounder" motto around here?
Excellent!

Let's do it.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 09:13 AM
  #65
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Totallly, and it's like that in every hockey league.

It reminds me of my deck hockey team this summer. We had a very decent season last winter and even won 8 of our last 9. So we made 2 major upgrades up front, as offense was a bit our weakness. We all thought we were going to be even better and "go all the way". Instead, we sucked so badly that the team doesn't even exist anymore...

We had no coach, no system, no discipline, no work ethic, no consistent effort. Looks a bit like the Sens this year...

Sometimes, teams don't click and I'm afraid the Sens can't click again under Clouston... Sens have a very capricious core it seems...

Clouston lost the control of his team
See, I don't think that's the case. I just think it's a case where the team is doing what he says but it just isn't working. He's being outcoached on a nightly basis and teams know how to beat Ottawa, beat them pretty easily too.

There were warning signs last year in the playoffs when Clouston either didn't want to or couldn't get Spezza away from Crosby's line. Right now, you can tell by their breakout, puck support, special teams, and the way The Sens adjust in game (they don't) that what ever Clouston wants them to do is clearly not working. Not sure why The Sens need two wingers at center ice every time the D has the puck down in the corner trying to break out... not sure I really understand it considering it's not a matter of if, but when the Sens throw it up the middle, the puck is in the back of the net.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM
  #66
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
This is the list of players I can't stand anymore:
Campoli- soft as hell, doesn't do anything right
Carkner- Gets beat by every speedy forward, can't finish checks, can't seperate a midget from the puck to save his life
Philips- too much and a waste of my time
Kuba- slow, soft, slow and soft, crappy, and makes Karlsson lok worse than he is.
Fisher- soft, no speed, no urgency, sucks at shooting, passing and at everything.
Michalek- kills the play everytime he touches the puck, Spezza, Regin or Alfie work hard to get him the puck but all he could do is go to the boards and lose it by getting out muscled by the dman
Ruttu- takes stupid penalties, stopped hitting or doing anything
Foligno- Can't skate to save his life, doesn't pass, and never gets in front of the net.
Kovalev- turnover machine.
You NAILED it!

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:29 PM
  #67
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.
 
Uncle Eugene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Barbados
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc View Post
Are we actually arguing about the ****ing goalies right now?

In case you guys haven't noticed, we don't win with either of them in net.

Martin Brodeur couldn't help this team right now.
Well duh.

He's injured.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
  #68
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,776
vCash: 500
Well considering every one of our players isn't good enough to play in the NHL...I guess it makes no sense to blame the coach who got quite a bit out basically the same roster that was riddled with injuries last year.

Clouston did awesome last year with what he got out of our lineup...this year he's been handed what looks like a healthier and similar group...and right now it's doing poorly.

Whatever we got all season last year, we aren't getting right now...but it's only december...if this team is as streaky as people think...chances are they will turn it around and get back into the fringe playoff realm.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
  #69
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 1413
The Senators are a joke? The joke is on us.

I am still stewing and I know we have to move on, but I have to get this off my chest, cause it is bothering me in a deeper way than I could have possibly imagined.

Hockey is a game where fans go and pay their hard earned money and go to the game and watch the team that is representing their city. The Ottawa Senators play for the fans in Ottawa and are playing to provide joy and entertainment to the fans who are responsible to a large extent for their luxurious and incredibly shallow and materialistic lives. Thanks all to US.

The suckers in the stands, no where more apparent than Thursday night when one of those all-stars shunned our team and city after he made a commitment and Bryan Murray committed to not trade him with a no trade clause. Fans where stunned in disbelief, horrified at losing one of the greatest lines in post lockout history, a line tha was supposed to be around for 7 glorious years.

The Senators players, coaches and management , to a man, KNEW what we all wanted. It was impossible not to. Chris Kelly was more interested in the signs rather than the fans that night. Phillips whispered sweet nothings, that traitor lacking in all capacity, incredulously after 800 plus games , to stick up for us and HIMSELF. Our captain robotically played another game. They didn't respond to their loyal fan base. We wanted him hounded, hit , harrassed, and they did absolutely nothing. When Yashin came back the team took penalties, went out of their way to go after him. Sure, we also lost that 1st playoff game, remember, in 2003, but we went far after that and we were PROUD of them!

I am offended and I left feeling disrespected, actually. We were all there trying to pump up these losers. Who are they playing for? Definitely not for me, for you or for all the Sens fans. If they are not playing for me, you, my kids and all Senators fans then what the hell are they doing on the ice, wearing a jersey of my city?

Our leader has gone missing, the alternates suck (b)alls and no one except Neil and perhaps Spezza tried to please their fans. That's it, one and a half players out of 19 who CARE about us.

How do you support a team who doesn't play for US? If that Fratelli fundraiser that I went to a few weeks ago was this Tuesday coming, I could not look at any of those players in the eye. I would rather return the spit that they left in my eye socket and give it right back, call them a bunch of baby cats with no face, no honour and no RESPECT for the fans who provide them all the candy they want. I would go out of my way to shake Chris Neil's hand, a guy who truly cares about his fans and knows the pulse of the fans.

How do you cheer for these guys? HOW? We may win, or lose, the rest of this season but this will be a reminder as to what pro sports is. Hockey players are supposed to be different, supposed to care and be heart and soul people. Well, they are just like the rest of ' em, our captain too...praise Alfie my arse.

Okay, I'm done, back to your regular programming...

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:22 PM
  #70
DrEasy
Allez Stephane !
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 840

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 08:02 AM
  #71
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.