HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Garth Snow coach the team?

Old
12-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 500
Will Garth Snow coach the team?

Lets face it.. Capuano does not seem to be the second coming of Al Arbour let alone Rick Bowness. I dont see any changes being made in this teams approach. The New System doesn't seem so new... How long before Garth Snow fires him?? Milbury was our coach a few times.. This is Garth's team. Will he take the helm?

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Isles Junkie

Capuano should be here all year. Who knows who the coach is next year. Probably some AHL/Junior coach we've never heard of.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Nope.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:57 PM
NYI Win

Oh God.

NYI Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI Win View Post
Oh God.

No, just the guy who thinks he is.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
hlundqvist30*

I just want to see how Snow is going to justify what is going on. You already used Gordon as your scape goat. What happens when the Islanders still suck 10+ games afterward? Is he going to try to sell the idea that going 2-8-2 since the firing is an improvement? Is he going to blame luck? Is he going to fire Capuano too?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Isles Junkie

he should have some self respect & just quit.

NO ONE can win with this group & this owner.

get out while you can. Go be a scout or something somewhere and work your way back into a teams front office.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
hgo

I hear Mike Milbury's available. Didn't he lead the Bruins to the Finals once?

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

I just dont see how if the Islanders keep losing that you dont fire Capuano. Granted you cant blame him either but eventually Garth Snow needs to step up do something. This is his baby.. He put this team together and he will eventually take over the helm. If Capuano stays and we are completely becoming the NHL door mat I don't believe Wang will keep Garth Snow around.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
I hear Mike Milbury's available. Didn't he lead the Bruins to the Finals once?
If he was just a coach & never a GM, we'd probably have a soft spot for him. Who can ever forget him waiving the white flag & another game where he threw sticks on the ice.

As a coach, he was fine. If you want the honest truth here, if it weren't for the negative symbolism around MM, I'd rather have him than Capuano behind the bench.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I just dont see how if the Islanders keep losing that you dont fire Capuano. Granted you cant blame him either but eventually Garth Snow needs to step up do something. This is his baby.. He put this team together and he will eventually take over the helm. If Capuano stays and we are completely becoming the NHL door mat I don't believe Wang will keep Garth Snow around.
I don't think it's fair to blame Garth.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the $ and bought the team, firing Garth would be the first thing I do. But he really isn't the problem. I refuse to believe that Charles gave him X amount of $ to work with and he just say, no thanks, we're gonna stick with what we got.

He was a player. he has to know that you can't just throw a bunch of young players together and expect them to win. If he had his way I'm sure he'd have signed at least 3 veteran forwards capable of scoring 20+ goals.

This is Wangs team. Snow is just a puppet. I actually feel bad for Snow.

Old
12-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
I don't think it's fair to blame Garth.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the $ and bought the team, firing Garth would be the first thing I do. But he really isn't the problem. I refuse to believe that Charles gave him X amount of $ to work with and he just say, no thanks, we're gonna stick with what we got.

He was a player. he has to know that you can't just throw a bunch of young players together and expect them to win. If he had his way I'm sure he'd have signed at least 3 veteran forwards capable of scoring 20+ goals.

This is Wangs team. Snow is just a puppet. I actually feel bad for Snow.
The Same argument can be said of MM during the Gluckerstein and Milstein era.. No money.. Crappy Owners who didnt care.. He got Wang and it got even worse with his trades and signings.

The same cycle continues!!!

Old
12-05-2010, 06:10 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
If he was just a coach & never a GM, we'd probably have a soft spot for him. Who can ever forget him waiving the white flag & another game where he threw sticks on the ice.

As a coach, he was fine. If you want the honest truth here, if it weren't for the negative symbolism around MM, I'd rather have him than Capuano behind the bench.
100% ditto. I'd LOVE for him to have coached some of the past years' teams as well.

Old
12-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Islanderfan72

Season is already over so why fire him. Start the search for a coach for next season. Its not like firing the coach is gana turn things around, that already didn't work.

Islanderfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan72 View Post
Season is already over so why fire him. Start the search for a coach for next season. Its not like firing the coach is gana turn things around, that already didn't work.
How about when the best guy we find becomes available, we hire him and worry about Capuano when we're ready to send out Christmas cards.

Old
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
hgo

Quote:

I mean, Milbury may not be a bad coach, but he's not saving this group anyway. Besides, bringing him back would be the last straw for a lot of fans.

If he's brought back when we're ready to contend, I'd have less of an issue. Honestly.

Old
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
The Same argument can be said of MM during the Gluckerstein and Milstein era.. No money.. Crappy Owners who didnt care.. He got Wang and it got even worse with his trades and signings.

The same cycle continues!!!
But Garth Snow isn't trading John Tavares & Kyle Okposo for Steve Ott & Stefan Robidas

Old
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
I mean, Milbury may not be a bad coach, but he's not saving this group anyway. Besides, bringing him back would be the last straw for a lot of fans.

If he's brought back when we're ready to contend, I'd have less of an issue. Honestly.
Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting bringing Milbury back as coach. I'm just saying his reputation is tarnished because of his work as GM, not coach.

I think firing Capuano actually hurts more than helps at this point.

They fired Laviolette in ridiculous fashion. They fired Smith in ridiculous fashion. They fired Nolan in ridiculous fashion. They fired Gordon in ridiculous fashion.

I'm no Capuano fan, but no club can win with this group. Firing another coach for a stupid reason will not look good on Wang. He probably has just as awful a reputation among other teams (and by extension, prospective coaches, scouts, GMs etc) as he does with us.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
hgo

Quote:
Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting bringing Milbury back as coach. I'm just saying his reputation is tarnished because of his work as GM, not coach.

I think firing Capuano actually hurts more than helps at this point.

They fired Laviolette in ridiculous fashion. They fired Smith in ridiculous fashion. They fired Nolan in ridiculous fashion. They fired Gordon in ridiculous fashion.

I'm no Capuano fan, but no club can win with this group. Firing another coach for a stupid reason will not look good on Wang. He probably has just as awful a reputation among other teams (and by extension, prospective coaches, scouts, GMs etc) as he does with us.
I honestly could care less whether or not Capuano stays. This team isn't going anywhere, even if Scotty Bowman runs it.