HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defensive effort gives Habs win

Old
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
I like Gomez, but there is something wrong in his play this season...specially offensively speaking. He's definetely coming off the neutral zone with less speed than last year. His confidence is quite low and he seems to be reacting instead of taking the iniciative. His skates seem to be glued to the ice because he's not moving at all sometimes, so he cheats and bolts out of the zone when he feels that his defense is ready to make the first loooong pass when last year he was taking the puck from our territory to the offensive zone. I'd like to see him come back to the center of the ice with authority because the other teams are bringing him along the boards quite easily...reminds me a lot of 2008-2009 Plekanec.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
pronounciation of Weber in "Swiss" !

in Swiss German you would pronounce Weber like Väbr or Väbaer with a very short ae.

Now he comes from the french speaking side : Morges
He is a Swiss german who moved/migrated to the Swiss French side of the country (many people are like that including me !) just to say that Weber is a German name.
But in French you would say it Weber like Guiguere. replace the Gui by Va Vaebere.

Yet to make it simple, the name is originally a German Name ...
Therefore you would pronounce it a bit like in Swiss German but without this a intonation. between Veber and Vebr.

In Italian it would be Veber ... both e would be pronounced like first e in Guiguere.

I tried to do my best ... funny topic. You are cool guys to be interested in other cultures !

For the litle story about Guiguere ... it was certainly a Swiss German name Giger, (the artist who created allien was a Giger http://www.hrgiger.com/) who moved for X reasons to a french region where he would be Guiguere (frenchisation) ... then he moved to NA or moved to french speaking NA being German originally.
Thanks for that. I need to visit the Swiss again soon.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
couris

Gomez has weak physical powa, he looses all his 1v1 battles. he is a easy check for defense.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Just noticed that the Habs have climbed up to 2nd in the East now.

If we win the game we have in hand, we're FIRST in the East.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
FF de Mars

This is crazy. Pittsburgh won their last 9. Also, we're the only Canadian team making the playoffs in the East.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I like Gomez, but there is something wrong in his play this season...specially offensively speaking. He's definetely coming off the neutral zone with less speed than last year. His confidence is quite low and he seems to be reacting instead of taking the iniciative. His skates seem to be glued to the ice because he's not moving at all sometimes, so he cheats and bolts out of the zone when he feels that his defense is ready to make the first loooong pass when last year he was taking the puck from our territory to the offensive zone. I'd like to see him come back to the center of the ice with authority because the other teams are bringing him along the boards quite easily...reminds me a lot of 2008-2009 Plekanec.
He needs to begin to play where the puck is and stop trying to let it come to him. He has improved lately.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
This is crazy. Pittsburgh won their last 9. Also, we're the only Canadian team making the playoffs in the East.
This is Gainey's team

(except Halpern and Eller)

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
This is Gainey's team

(except Halpern and Eller)
except Jacques Martin deserves most of the credit, Gomez is useless and is holding us back from having a cup contending team.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
If we win the game we have in hand, we're FIRST in the East.

the gap between 8th and 9th is 6 points, thats real good considering its so early

we have 11 points over 9th place, these early points are really valuable and is really gonna help us out down the stretch come april

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote