HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Brad Richards Center Ideas?

Old
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Kind of my point about Detroit. If we had Richards we have a legit first line with an empty spot or two for youngsters to fill in at forward and on defense. The thing is if they come into a team with a winning formula (ala Detroit) its much easier for them to fill in and be confident, we don't need to rely on them and put undue pressure on them.

It's just the way I would run the team if I were GM. To me we need a winning foundation, not the balsa wood and glue approach we are currently using.

We have the legitimate depth scoring and defensive depth I feel can win us games, just need that top line pivot and confidence moving forward. Then those prospects can come in and grab those open spots and know they are part of a very good team/franchise and the pressure is off to be more than they are.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

After watching Gabby more and more, I am starting to think that maybe more important than adding a top line Center is adding a top line Left Winger. The "other" threat. Not just the guy to dig the puck out but a guy that can also bury it? A guy that can capitalize on the extra ice that defenders may give up to play Gaborik tighter. Someone that's intelligent enough to find that open ice and balance out the attack. The Semin to Alex Ovechkin, rather than the Backstrom?

A Zach Parise if you will!

Yeah well one can dream right? What's the accepted offer sheet penalty on a longterm $8 million cap hit anyways? Couple first rounders plus Prospects?

Drury and Rosy at the deadline free's the space...Devs last I checked are well Vulnerable to this. 8 mil or so in cap space available to sign 6 or 7 players one of them being Parise.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
When players sign offer sheets, the compensation is always ONLY picks. You never have to throw in prospects

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
When players sign offer sheets, the compensation is always ONLY picks. You never have to throw in prospects
Thanks, I wasn't certain what the penalty was. I do remember seeing it was scaled based on the dollar amount of the salary.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Vitto79

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...s-Hall/1/31923

Eklund is at it again saying Rangers are minitoring PM Bouchard

If he can play C it makes sense but salary has to go back the other way so I am talking something like Rozsival, Frolov and if they move Rozy they have to get someone like Zanon back too cause they can't afford to hurt the D

Wild are struggling and Gaborik has a history with PMB. He just got back after a year but in the right deal I would for him coming to Broadway

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:14 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Multiple people have now said Jordan is not really a #1 Center, but I've yet to hear the arguement for this belief.

The kid was drafted #2 overall, he scores 20+ goals a year from the 3rd line (not playing with Crosby and Malkin).

He is better than any center currently on our team. He is stuck behind 2 centers that could be the #1 center on almost ANY team in the league. Not to mention he is still the same age as Anisimov, he turned 22 in September.

While he may not be the best playmaking center available, which of our centers looks likes he going to score over 20 this year?

Not to mention as Stepan develops if he becomes a great center Staal slides nicely into the #2 slot, he's got the size to play any line.
Personally, I don't think he's a 1C because he's simply not good enough. 1Cs don't get 50 point seasons with ~20 min ATOI. You don't have to hope that your a "true" 1C is going to score 20 goals. Of course this is subjective, but I don't think he's a 1C at all. He may be eventually if he can ever get off of that team and into a franchise that can give him the appropriate line mates. NYR could be that team I guess but I just don't see Dubi - Staal - Gabby being much better than Dubi - Step - Gabby or Dubi - AA - Gabby, definitely not so much better that its worth trading a good piece for him. As for who is going to score 20 goals this year I'd say AA. He's almost halfway there 28 games in despite getting short changed with minutes the past few games. Stepan is one goal behind AA as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see both of them score 20 this season. Its not a guarantee by any means but its not unrealistic either. If we slide Staal into the number 2 slot we put AA on 3rd line. I don't think thats wise at all. He needs to be allowed to grow. It would be silly to tell a 23 year old that he's stuck on the third line from now on because a player with more name recognition, yet a similar game, has been signed to play over him.

In my opinion this team doesn't have a 1C now and if they got Staal they still wouldn't have one. He's a good young player who may one day be a 1C but we've already got a lot of "maybe one day" kind of guys. The fact of the matter is, in my judgement, he's the same level of player that AA and Stepan are. Good now, may be great later. I don't see how its worth trading for him. I agree that it would be cool to have another Staal brother and I agree that he could help this team in different ways, but I just don't think he's what they need right now. I honestly think he'd make more sense as a winger for this team. We need LW depth pretty desperately but, again, who is worth trading for him? Pitt needs wingers more than us. I'm not sure what he could offer them.

Dubi - Step - Gabby
Staal - AA - Callahan
Avery - Boyle - open
Prust - open - Boogey/open

This would be interesting. Staal, AA, Callahan could be a fun line to watch I guess but I still don't know if or how it would be possible.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Yeah well one can dream right? What's the accepted offer sheet penalty on a longterm $8 million cap hit anyways? Couple first rounders plus Prospects?
FOUR first round picks.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote