HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers WANT Richards

Old
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Especially if Dallas continues to play well. They'd want players who can help today as well as for the future. Something like Stepan + Rozsival + mcdonagh/mcilrath

People also need to realize that when Richards was traded to Dallas he was not playing well at all. Now he is playing like an allstar so obviously hes worth more than he was when dallas acquired him.
not in the last year of a contract and 4 years older.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
not in the last year of a contract and 4 years older.
Okay, then he's ours. Ah, that feels better. Good luck finding a player of his caliber in free agency, and then outbidding others to acquire such a player.

Good days in Dallas Stars land, indeed.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

- Richards will be 31 at the end of this season, and without a contract. That alone diminishes his value significantly. MDZ, Dubinsky, Callahan, or Staal are NOT going the other way.
- Don't see Dallas trading him if they are assured of making the playoffs.
- Richards has a NTC.

I think the only way he gets traded is if Dallas is not in playoff position, and the ownership situation in Dallas is still unclear, making it difficult to re-sign him. If that's the case, here's your return Dallas:

Rozsival
Anisimov
Grachev
1st
Conditional 2nd round pick if he re-signs long term with NYR.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:48 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Especially if Dallas continues to play well. They'd want players who can help today as well as for the future. Something like Stepan + Rozsival + mcdonagh/mcilrath

People also need to realize that when Richards was traded to Dallas he was not playing well at all. Now he is playing like an allstar so obviously hes worth more than he was when dallas acquired him.
What people "need to realize" is that we almost NEVER see the kind of huge return that Dallas fans are asking for. When was the last time a good player was traded where the return was shockingly large? Almost every single time, the player gets traded and HFBoards lets out a collective "wha? They traded the guy for THAT?" It's comical how often it happens.

Dallas isn't going to get 3 young roster players for an over 30 rental. If that's what they ask for, the Rangers will walk away. Also, as for this supposed "bidding war," it will only be between teams that A- have the assets to trade, B- can work it with the cap, and C- are on Richards' approved list. That's not going to be a very long list of teams to compete against each other. Hell, for all we know, NY may not even be ON the list (has Richards ever said that he wants to come to NY, or are we just assuming it based on Torts?)

IF he's traded, regardless of where, I think it's safe to say that Dallas fans are going to be sorely disappointed by the return. It won't be close to what they are expecting, and if it is, it won't be from the Rangers.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
TheBuriedHab

Lebrun said the Rags were prepared to give up some assets too. I hope they don't get him.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:57 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
What people "need to realize" is that we almost NEVER see the kind of huge return that Dallas fans are asking for. When was the last time a good player was traded where the return was shockingly large? Almost every single time, the player gets traded and HFBoards lets out a collective "wha? They traded the guy for THAT?" It's comical how often it happens.

Dallas isn't going to get 3 young roster players for an over 30 rental. If that's what they ask for, the Rangers will walk away. Also, as for this supposed "bidding war," it will only be between teams that A- have the assets to trade, B- can work it with the cap, and C- are on Richards' approved list. That's not going to be a very long list of teams to compete against each other. Hell, for all we know, NY may not even be ON the list (has Richards ever said that he wants to come to NY, or are we just assuming it based on Torts?)

IF he's traded, regardless of where, I think it's safe to say that Dallas fans are going to be sorely disappointed by the return. It won't be close to what they are expecting, and if it is, it won't be from the Rangers.
Get out of here with your dose of reality. Don't need people like you making sense and all!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Lebrun said the Rags were prepared to give up some assets too. I hope they don't get him.
I hope they do. They'll be extremely hard-pressed to re-sign him, and the only way he becomes a UFA is if he's traded first. No way he becomes a UFA out of Dallas.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Okay, then he's ours. Ah, that feels better. Good luck finding a player of his caliber in free agency, and then outbidding others to acquire such a player.

Good days in Dallas Stars land, indeed.
Can they afford him?

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Kaktus*

Trading B.Richards right now makes no sense. Dallas are top 6 team in the league in terms of points.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Stop bringing facts into this discussion!!

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Alazais

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Captain
Assistant Captain 1
Assistant Captain 2

???

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

I'm pretty sure what you meant to say was Alternate Captain.

Alazais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
Can they afford him?
Richards is making 7.8 right now and we can afford him. Its more a question of whether or not Richards is confident in this team's new ownership (which is a ??? right now) and how that affects his decision to re-sign. His signing is further complicated by the fact that this team is really in the financial hands of the lenders and the NHL, NOT Tom Hicks. If the sale looks as if its to go on into next season Dallas also has to ask themselves if dedicating nearly $6-8 million to one player on a team with as good of a forward group as this one has is really worth it with the holes on defense. If we are to remain a budget team next season then maybe that money is better used on D/whatever Richards returns. He is a very important part of the team but Ribeiro is a #1C and Benn could easily take over as a #2C if need be. Management would prefer to keep Richards and trade Ribs if they have to (to shore up other parts of the roster) but sometimes things don't work exactly as you want them to (hell they would probably rather keep both and have an owner that spends to the cap, we have $10 million in cap space and one of the cheapest D cores in the league).

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Captain
Assistant Captain 1
Assistant Captain 2

???

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.
no such animal as assistant captain in NHL; it's ALTERNATE/ always has, always will be. Thus technically you have 3 captains; only players allowed to talk to refs;

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Two things. First I don't know that Niewendyk has the guts to trade Richards if Dallas is in the playoffs at the deadline. Without an in charge owner to negotiate a contract extension Dallas is in a terrible position.

Trade Richards and possibly torpedo a playoff run, not to mention destroy what fans they have. Or keep Richards but be unable to sign him and watch him walk for nothing. That has to be unacceptable to management. So there's all this uncertainty. Richards likes Dallas but wants a long term contract to seal his financial future. That's certainly understandable and he wants to win. So for him its two fold, does he believe in Dallas' future and will Dallas be able to offer him what he wants with a 3rd party NHL appointed controller.

That said as far as a proposal goes Dallas wants defense and a center replacement if he is moved. MDZ is a no go. As is Cally/Dubi. Dallas would probably ask for that but be told no. So the deal has to revolve around Stephan/Anisimov, Rozsival, McDonagh, and a 1st for Richards and probably Niskanen.

Grachev as a winger and Russian doesn't interest the Stars. They've had a terrible time with Russians lately so I think they'll hold out against Grachev and Anisimov. Personally without Stephan I hope Dallas looks to LA or elsewhere.

I don't think a deal goes down but regardless of where the team is in the standings not trading him if they can't reach a contract extension is team suicide in the future. They can't let Richards walk for nothing. I hope things work out but think ultimately Richards future in Dallas is in grave doubt and if NY offers the above deal that's too good to pass on.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:10 PM
BringBackStevens

I think Sather he needs to quit tweaking the team with such large trades and contracts. The Rangers have a decent core, they would be better served to take more calculated acquisitions as they come to them

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Richards is making 7.8 right now and we can afford him. Its more a question of whether or not Richards is confident in this team's new ownership (which is a ??? right now) and how that affects his decision to re-sign. His signing is further complicated by the fact that this team is really in the financial hands of the lenders and the NHL, NOT Tom Hicks. If the sale looks as if its to go on into next season Dallas also has to ask themselves if dedicating nearly $6-8 million to one player on a team with as good of a forward group as this one has is really worth it with the holes on defense. If we are to remain a budget team next season then maybe that money is better used on D/whatever Richards returns. He is a very important part of the team but Ribeiro is a #1C and Benn could easily take over as a #2C if need be. Management would prefer to keep Richards and trade Ribs if they have to (to shore up other parts of the roster) but sometimes things don't work exactly as you want them to (hell they would probably rather keep both and have an owner that spends to the cap, we have $10 million in cap space and one of the cheapest D cores in the league).
If the ownership thing isn't handled by July it's a pretty safe bet Richards find a new home.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
matt trick

I tend to think Richards is significantly more valuable than Hossa or Kovalchuk. He is a Conn Smythe winner with a very impressive playoff track record, and a center, a position that most people consider critical in any cup run. Granted his extreme cap hit may make him slightly less desirable, but there are more teams in need of a franchise center than franchise winger. Several teams will be interested: Toronto, Rags, and Blue Jackets having the most need, while Washington, Nashville, St. Louis, and Phoenix may also be interested. This assumes that the team currently in first place in the division even wants to move their superstar, which may be completely out of the question come trade deadline. If Dallas gets weak offers, they probably won't make a move at all.

matt trick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Get out of here with your dose of reality. Don't need people like you making sense and all!
Oh, I guess it makes sense for Dallas to hand over Richards at the least inconvenience for the New York Rangers.

You want to keep Staal? Oh well. I guess we'll take your lesser prospects, salary dump defenseman, and ****** first round pick because you say so.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
BoHOnino

Keith or Denise?

If I was Sather I'd go for Denise, but my moneys on Glen wanting Keith....

BoHOnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
I tend to think Richards is significantly more valuable than Hossa or Kovalchuk. He is a Conn Smythe winner with a very impressive playoff track record, and a center, a position that most people consider critical in any cup run. Granted his extreme cap hit may make him slightly less desirable, but there are more teams in need of a franchise center than franchise winger. Several teams will be interested: Toronto, Rags, and Blue Jackets having the most need, while Washington, Nashville, St. Louis, and Phoenix may also be interested. This assumes that the team currently in first place in the division even wants to move their superstar, which may be completely out of the question come trade deadline. If Dallas gets weak offers, they probably won't make a move at all.
The cap hit wouldn't really be an issue later on in the season. It would have little effect on any deal for most teams who have a little space.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
The cap hit wouldn't really be an issue later on in the season. It would have little effect on any deal for most teams who have a little space.
Very true, at the deadline it isn't much, and for the teams I outlined, they can pretty much acquire him now. However, 7.8 is such a big number that at the deadline there will be some teams that still can't afford it. However, teams like San Jose, Pittsburgh, Boston, Vancouver, Calgary (who might have been legitimately interested), Ottawa, Minnesota, and even Montreal might have a bit too much trouble taking it on. Would any of them really been after him? Maybe not, but for a few that cap hit knocks them out of the race, or at least it appears that way to me. Even one less bidder because of his cap hit could drastically alter his value. I don't thin that will be the case, but it is possible.

matt trick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Vic Vinegar

I hope the Rangers do get him. It would be funny to see the Rangers dominate Kovy and the Devils 6 times per year . Plus I want that guy out of the Pacific.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

if they want him now i would say staal and stepan would get richards and an nhl defensemen.

if they wait till the deadline then something like the kovi deal..

but can they afford to?

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:56 PM
SouvenirCity

Been talking with some buddies, and the offer we felt that made the most sense for both teams is:

Frolov
Rozsival
Christensen
McDonagh
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick (If Richards Re-Signs)

for

Richards
Skrastins/Niskanen

Thoughts?

And for those who say that Rozsival makes too much money, the deal was frontloaded, and allows Dallas to reach the salary cap next season while not taking the major financial hit.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
TangoMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
Been talking with some buddies, and the offer we felt that made the most sense for both teams is:

Frolov
Rozsival
Christensen
McDonagh
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick (If Richards Re-Signs)

for

Richards
Skrastins/Niskanen

Thoughts?

And for those who say that Rozsival makes too much money, the deal was frontloaded, and allows Dallas to reach the salary cap next season while not taking the major financial hit.
Nope.

TangoMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote