HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[B] Game 25 | Bingo 0 @ Hershey 4 | Lehner 1-5-0

Old
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
lehner's record is deceiving, it should actually be 1-6, rochester game he had a no decisions after playing 40 min+. only gonna get 1 game a week when u have a record like that. time for the "stud" to step up regardless of his opponent and win a game.
Will you guys get a grip? You want stud numbers go check out Jakob Markstrom's stats. Lehner's a junior eligible goalie and he's been shelled by the dynasty of the AHL twice.

Its fine to make your point to Sens fans that he shouldn't be handed starts for nothing, but to flat out root against a 19 year old and basically celebrate any of his struggles looks pathetic. Big reason he's made it this far is relentless work ethic and maturity, can't you just respect that...I'd think that would lead most people to root for him.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:26 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

I watched last night's game, or half of it at least. Lehner was really good at some moments and you could actually see him play like a dominant goalie making glove saves look easy and excellent lateral movements.

HOWEVER, he did have 1 or i think 2 bad goals against but imo it's just rust and the fact that he isn't playing as much down there.

Anyone remember last year's WJC? He didn't play and came back very rusty for they grey hounds but after 10 games became the dominant goalie he was before.

Bottom line, LEHNER>BRUST! Take that MAIN!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Goddammit Lehner, Score some more goals!

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:37 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Will you guys get a grip? You want stud numbers go check out Jakob Markstrom's stats. Lehner's a junior eligible goalie and he's been shelled by the dynasty of the AHL twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
HOWEVER, he did have 1 or i think 2 bad goals against but imo it's just rust and the fact that he isn't playing as much down there.

Anyone remember last year's WJC? He didn't play and came back very rusty for they grey hounds but after 10 games became the dominant goalie he was before.

Bottom line, LEHNER>BRUST! Take that MAIN!
Listen scrubs - just stop w/ this bs about how Lehner has only faced "powerhouses" and that's some type of excuse. Brust marched right into Mohegan Sun Arena and backstopped Bingo to a 29 save performance (a team with the best record in the league at the time), and then after Lehner got blasted in Hershey, Brust took them to the cleaners the next time they met with 42 saves. Brust has had a rough night or two as well, but he's not 1-5-0.

Look I really wouldn't have any problems with Lehner but as I've said numerous times before, many people on this forum think Lehner should take over the #1 role and just be handed a majority of the starts, and that's where I have a problem. I dislike that attitude even more because Lehner is 1-5-0, and now people are making excuses for him saying he's facing "powerhouses". If he deserves any future with Ottawa he's got start winning some games, "powerhouse" or not. If not I hope Murray moves E.T. or Eclaire and signs Brust to a PTO so he can carry O-Sens in the playoffs.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
2minutes4slashing

Lehner is going wind up being the next Kelly Guard or Jeff Glass...

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Listen scrubs - just stop w/ this bs about how Lehner has only faced "powerhouses" and that's some type of excuse. Brust marched right into Mohegan Sun Arena and backstopped Bingo to a 29 save performance (a team with the best record in the league at the time), and then after Lehner got blasted in Hershey, Brust took them to the cleaners the next time they met with 42 saves. Brust has had a rough night or two as well, but he's not 1-5-0.

I wasn't making excuses. What does this have to do with Brust? I said it's fine that Brust is the starter, ya know.. if you look back at my whole post. The fact that you go out of your way to cut the 19 year old down is the problem, on top of that, everyone knows why you do it...which makes it overplayed.

Look I really wouldn't have any problems with Lehner but as I've said numerous times before, many people on this forum think Lehner should take over the #1 role and just be handed a majority of the starts, and that's where I have a problem. I dislike that attitude even more because Lehner is 1-5-0, and now people are making excuses for him saying he's facing "powerhouses". If he deserves any future with Ottawa he's got start winning some games, "powerhouse" or not. If not I hope Murray moves E.T. or Eclaire and signs Brust to a PTO so he can carry O-Sens in the playoffs.

The fact that you've said it over and over makes it more tiring to hear every time you bring it up. You do so even when no one is contesting it. If he wants a chance in Ottawa he needs to progress, many future NHL starters aren't facing the challenges he's facing...stop pretending like facing Hershey as a 19 year old is not challenging, it's not an excuse, but it is a challenge most 19 year old goaltending prospects don't deal with...he is a prospect and considered a very good one.
And although we've seen crazier things happen in our lives and in hockey, the fact that you speak with any certainty about Brust being an NHL goaltender that can not only play, but thrive in the playoffs loses a lot of your credibility.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote