HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

39th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Gum is Out.

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I had a professor put it to a vote and a majority of the class chose a 24hr take home final over a 3hr traditional final. I hate law school kids so much.
I don't know any of these kids, but I feel alright calling them *******s.

Old
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
What is better, Rock Band of Guitar Hero?

Also, I think I want to learn to play guitar. I wish I chose that over drums in 4th Grade.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

Also, I think I want to learn to play guitar. I wish I chose that over drums in 4th Grade.
Rock band, IMO. I am not a nut who plays all the time though. just a casual pick it up for an hour at a party type of guy. Then again I love the drums so, that probably doesn't mean a thing to you. I think the music for Rock Band is better.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:

Rock Band is way better plus whenever you have some extra money if you want to add songs Rock Band has way more songs to purchase than guitar hero.

Also I used to play guitar and drums and to me I like the guitar better if you like to play your favorite songs but drums are easier to play your own stuff on. I suck now though because I haven't played in about four years but I am planning on picking them both back up when I move next year.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Ugh, This is the worst weekend ever. Missed all the football yesterday (I DVR'd the hockey game so that was ok) and I will miss all the football today. Take-home finals are for the birds.
I thought food poisoning was bad, but your right finals sound way worse.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:

Rock Band, if you feel like shelling out for all the gear.

You should learn guitar. I play bass, so we're that much closer to starting an internet band

Old
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Rock Band you could still do with one player though right? I only played it a few times but it was in a group.

I haven't been behind a drum set since high school. I figured learning the guitar would be a decent addition to the repertoire, though. At least with a guitar, you can just pick it up and play.

Old
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Rock Band you could still do with one player though right? I only played it a few times but it was in a group.
Yea you can play any instrument on one player.

Old
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Does anyone here know about cars? I was taking my dog for a walk a little while ago, and I walked by this car that kept making a sound at seemingly random times like it was locking and unlocking. I looked in the car and it didn't seem on at all, it didn't even seem to have an alarm.

I have a strong imagination and got a bit freaked that there might be something alive in the trunk. I know it's crazy but, is there any chance of this?

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 12-05-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Does anyone here know about cars? I was taking my dog for a walk a little while ago, and I walked by this car that kept making a sound at seemingly random times like it was locking and unlocking. I looked in the car and it didn't seem on at all, it didn't even seem to have an alarm.

I have a strong imagination and got a bit freaked that there might be something alive in the trunk. I know it's crazy but, is there any chance of this?
If it had a remote then someone could have been hitting the lock and unlock buttons.

Also, forget rock band and guitar hero. Get a cheap strat, an amp, and learn three chords. It is much cooler and sounds awesome.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
If it had a remote then someone could have been hitting the lock and unlock buttons.

Also, forget rock band and guitar hero. Get a cheap strat, an amp, and learn three chords. It is much cooler and sounds awesome.
Thanks for the response. That could be it, but usually when that happens the cars lights go on and off, which wasn't happening.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 12-06-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old
12-06-2010, 01:53 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:

Rock Band is the far superior product and pretty much offers everything Guitar Hero can and then some, provided you are willing to buy DLC. The song selection in Rock Band 3 is a little bit Keyboard heavy, since it is the newest feature they wanted to show off, but it the setlist still has some excellent songs for the rest of the instruments on it.

The latest Rock Band game also features a pro guitar mode, and there will supposedly be a guitar which is a normal musical instrument and also has a feature which lets you use it to play Rock Band with. I haven't looked deeply into the matter though, but if you want to learn guitar and play Rock Band, this might be the way to go.

Old
12-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Richyrich

I ****ing hate papers where you need a "minimum number of cited sources"

If I don't have enough ****ing reputable information in my paper that's on me. But dagnabbit I could write this paper in 3 hours if I didn't need to scour all these databases for sources

Old
12-06-2010, 07:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Last day of work at my internship for the semester and they have me doing the most tedious task ever until 4 PM.

Old
12-06-2010, 08:03 AM
CavemanLawyer

Why is it when I start hanging out with a girl, all my old crushes/fantasy girls start talking to me, then when I stop talking to said girl, they all stop talking to me. This has happened 4 times in the past 5 months. It's quite a vicious cycle. I swear sometimes I think my life is broadcast around and people just decide to **** around with me, haha. Can't blame them, I'd do the same.

Ugh, all my classes except one were canceled, but I'm not going to that... But im not sure if my exam is today or Wednesday in the class. But my car is on a donut so no reason to risk it. No reason to drive 50 miles just for one 40 minute class.

I tried to read around some other boards here. Holy **** is the Flyers board the most sane? I mean wow, even the board moderators are out of their mind on some of these.

Old
12-06-2010, 08:06 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Last day of work at my internship for the semester and they have me doing the most tedious task ever until 4 PM.
Why do you think they hire interns?

Old
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
I ****ing hate papers where you need a "minimum number of cited sources"

If I don't have enough ****ing reputable information in my paper that's on me. But dagnabbit I could write this paper in 3 hours if I didn't need to scour all these databases for sources
This is what makes most research papers bunk. I just handed one in Friday that was 5-6 pages with at least 8 sources. I didn't even know how the hell to write it.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
This is what makes most research papers bunk. I just handed one in Friday that was 5-6 pages with at least 8 sources. I didn't even know how the hell to write it.
That crap is the worst. My solution was to use a lot of sources that were basically the same thing, so I could keep it consistent, but make it look like I got the info from all over the place. Squeezing info from 8 sources into 5 pages can be hard without doing something like:

"...because of the war shortages in Richmond, the Dispatch ran low on paper and ink, and thus issue size steadily decreased (Robertson). Ducks are an elegant species (Ranger Rick). As the war drove on, it became increasingly difficult to procure even the simplest commodities (Robertson)."

Old
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Why is it when I start hanging out with a girl, all my old crushes/fantasy girls start talking to me, then when I stop talking to said girl, they all stop talking to me. This has happened 4 times in the past 5 months. It's quite a vicious cycle. I swear sometimes I think my life is broadcast around and people just decide to **** around with me, haha. Can't blame them, I'd do the same.

Ugh, all my classes except one were canceled, but I'm not going to that... But im not sure if my exam is today or Wednesday in the class. But my car is on a donut so no reason to risk it. No reason to drive 50 miles just for one 40 minute class.

I tried to read around some other boards here. Holy **** is the Flyers board the most sane? I mean wow, even the board moderators are out of their mind on some of these.
When you're with a female, you're illustrating higher social capital, ie, you become more worthwhile to have as a mate.

Old
12-06-2010, 10:19 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
A picture from the project I've been working on that's occupied all my time -- Louis Vuitton, Hotel Vancouver...

Which purse is yours?

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Old
12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
A picture from the project I've been working on that's occupied all my time -- Louis Vuitton, Hotel Vancouver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Which purse is yours?

So in line with the thread on the main board about NHL players reading/posting at HFBoards... one thing became very clear is that Sean Avery does and is a moderator on the flyers board under the alias "Opus"

Old
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
So glad you asked me this question. My wife asked me which of these I want for Little Christmas/Epiphany.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Which purse is yours?

All of them.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:

Sometimes when I auto-start my car the locks get "caught" or something and it sounds like it's trying to unlock over and over. Although, the truck is running at this point so I'm not sure if that could be it.

Old
12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Sometimes when I auto-start my car the locks get "caught" or something and it sounds like it's trying to unlock over and over. Although, the truck is running at this point so I'm not sure if that could be it.
Jules get on it. Our first ever HFboards Murder/Kidnapping capture. We'll be famous.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Closed Thread