OT: Getting an internship in Russia

Old
12-06-2010, 06:54 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

vCash: 500
OT: Getting an internship in Russia

Hey all,

I am studying Animalmanagement in The Netherlands. Next year I am going to choose a major in Wildlife Management, whith which I can focus on work in parks like Yellowstone in America or the Kruger in South Africa.
That's of course just an example to give you an idea of what one can do with it... I always get that question... In short I want to work on good (inter)national policy on wildlife conservation.

Now... I'd really like to go to Russia, because of my interest in 'your' wildlife (and also in the country itself). In the second and especially the fourth year of my study I will be doing research on a subject of my choosing for about half a year, and it's my wish to do this in Russia. For, if possible, a Russian organisation (or WWF Russia).

Now somewhere in May/June (my school isn't very generous with their information as of yet) I'll be doing an internship of (only) 4 weeks. Goal is to, simply, work with animals and so they call it an Animal Care Inernship.
With my goal of Wildlife in mind I'd like to do this in a zoo, so I can work with exotic animals. And with my goal of going to Russia in mind, I of course look at Russian zoo's

I have contacted a university (it's a bit different from the usual, but it takes too long to explain and doesn't really change the question) in the Netherlands for a proper course of the Russian language and also the culture, but the thing is that they won't start untill September next year

(Very) long story short: Do you think an organisation like Moscow Zoo for example would even think about giving me an internship if I only speak English at that time?
And also any advice on other things you think I should know is welcome of course

Thanks for reading!

P.S. You can of course PM or mail me as well.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote