The Gabriel Landeskog Hype Thread!

Old
08-19-2009, 09:16 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 500
The Gabriel Landeskog Hype Thread!

Here is some quick info from elite prospects.ca

An offensively skilled forward with good speed, technical skills and hockey sense. Landeskog likes to shoot the puck and finish plays himself. Scoring touch is pretty good, but he could pass the puck more often. Loves to throw his body around and play physical and is a very good penalty killer.

Pretty sure he is playing for Kitchener in OHL this coming season....

Anyone seen this kid in action? From everything I read he sounds like he is very much in the same class as MSP this year, and Backstrom from a few drafts ago. Should be a high pick for the 2011 NHL draft...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

So NOBODY has seen the kid play or beleives he is a good prospect?

Old
08-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Jim Morrison

Mini-Forsberg perhaps. Same physical style of play and a good hockey-sense. Scores goals blablabla. He is a different type of player than MPS. Possibly better.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:18 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Bump. Since Landeskog is now getting top 5 consideration for the 2011 draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMckenzie View Post
Talked to a bunch of scouts this week on the subject of Murphy. As of now, always subject to change, Murphy is a wild card prospect whose current consensus, IMO, is between 5 and 15. He will get a lot of the same questions as Ryan Ellis got -- can he play 5 on 5 game at pro level. Working in his favor is he's a better skater than Ellis, more dynamic, more of a true PP QB. Murphy's coach in Kitchener, Steve Spott, thinks he's a special talent and capable of being an everyday pro, and he may be, but at this moment, if the draft were held today, there's some question as to whether he would go Top 10. No. 1?? I suppose anything is possible, but the scouts I talked to this week have Larsson, Couturier, RNH and now Landeskog well ahead of Murphy. The development of the week, I think, was a few scouts told me Landeskog has moved into the same sphere as Larsson, Couturier and RNH.

Murphy will get invited for sure to national junior team camp, but it's far from guaranteed he'll make the team. He could, but it's by no means a sure thing. Ryan Murray may make it before him, just as he did in the U-18 in August. And Murray isn't a sure thing either.

So lots of race still to be run. I knew Don would talk about Murphy tonight because we featured Murphy on NHL on TSN on Friday night. Don must have thought we were trying to horn in on his discovery.

Old
11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Dosing

just how good hockey sence? and just how skilled with the puck? cuz without that i dont care how physical he is

"Scoring touch is pretty good, but he could pass the puck more often"
sounds lk hes not good at either

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Das Boot
Jajajaja

He's going to be unreal. Loved the kid when I first saw him play.

Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
cheerupmurray

Hes scoring touch seems ok to me. 16 goals in 19 games this year in OHL.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Coog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Hes scoring touch seems ok to me. 16 goals in 19 games this year in OHL.
Ok? I would say that's is bordeline god darn great! I haven't seen him play but from what I have read he seems to be made of the right stuff.

Coog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Peter The Great

Hmmm, is Landeskog our best talent since Sundin and Forsberg? I strongly believe so!

He is the complete package. It's ridiculous we don't hear and see more about him in Sweden.

Not only tough, he is also very, very strong mentally, a leader.

Hmmm, I'm having trouble finding any weaknesses. ;-)

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 07:01 AM
PTmbp13

Swedish Talent AND Swedish Steel, man! At least sounds very promising yes. I hold him to Devils before they pick Larsson, if islanders would have a Dman Coururier will end up in Devils, hopefully Gabiel wont end up signing in Florida. Would be almost tragical. He is when ive seen him in Kitchener that he has alittle Forsberger style, but a strong portion Sundinleader in him. Gabreil cant dangle like the force did, but have just seen him twice this year so the only thing i really truly can post is that iam looking frwd too watch him more...maybe i Buffalo in 2 weeks. Hope so...

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 07:05 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Hmmm, is Landeskog our best talent since Sundin and Forsberg? I strongly believe so!

He is the complete package. It's ridiculous we don't hear and see more about him in Sweden.

Not only tough, he is also very, very strong mentally, a leader.

Hmmm, I'm having trouble finding any weaknesses. ;-)
I doubt he will become a 100 point player like Bäckström.
Would be great if would though!

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog Rocks View Post
Swedish Talent AND Swedish Steel, man! At least sounds very promising yes. I hold him to Devils before they pick Larsson, if islanders would have a Dman Coururier will end up in Devils, hopefully Gabiel wont end up signing in Florida. Would be almost tragical. He is when ive seen him in Kitchener that he has alittle Forsberger style, but a strong portion Sundinleader in him. Gabreil cant dangle like the force did, but have just seen him twice this year so the only thing i really truly can post is that iam looking frwd too watch him more...maybe i Buffalo in 2 weeks. Hope so...
Landeskog strongly gives me the impression of being more verbal and passioned than Sundin ever was, more natural leader skills, no doubts.

Forsbergs natural winning instinct is perhaps unbeatable though. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Hockeywise it's kind of stupid comparing him to the likes of Sundin, Forsberg and Bäckström though. Because they are very different kind of players. Sundin, Forsberg and Bäckström do have superior stick handling technique though. But Landeskog seem to be very strong and difficult to stop, a force. ;-)

Hmmm Landeskog is more looking like a powerful mix between a Swedish and a Canadian power forward or something. ;-) Perhaps 70% North American and 30% Swedish in his style playing hockey. I LOVE his attitude and style of playing hockey.

Hmmm but what about his slapshot, is this a weakness?

It will be very exciting to follow!

Last edited by 21: 12-06-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old
12-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Dosing

A physical swedish forward doesnt just translate into forsberg ;P
But i like the grit its just what sweden needs more of, hopefully through international play young kids can take after him rather then uhm... well pretty much every non-contact forward we always seem to bring to WJC and WHC

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
A physical swedish forward doesnt just translate into forsberg ;P
But i like the grit its just what sweden needs more of, hopefully through international play young kids can take after him rather then uhm... well pretty much every non-contact forward we always seem to bring to WJC and WHC
I totally agree, players like Landeskog is what we need. Landeskog seem to have a great attitude and also a strong physical play.

With some more grit and physical play Sweden will be very difficult to stop.

About Forsberg, I wouldn't call Forsberg a power forward but he for sure had lots of grit. :-)

I've had this dream/vision a long time, combining the best of North American hockey style with Swedish. Guys like Landeskog is slowly making it come true and will hopefully inspire others.

Hmm, Landeskog also reminds me a bit of Renberg, but a tougher, angrier more physical version of Renberg. ;-) But I really, really hope Landeskog have a better slapshot than Renberg had. (one of Renberg's major weaknesses)

Old
12-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Jared Cowen 2010

I've seen highlights (but those can be misleading) but from what I've seen, I'd love for the SENS to draft him. Only we'd have to tank the season to do so.

Jared Cowen 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Hitman

Landeskog's the real deal. I've watched every game he's played in Kitchener and he's awesome. He scores, hits, is great in his own end and has shocked a few guys by man handling them in fights.

Like Jeff Skinner was for us here last season, Gabe has that same ability to put a team on his back and drag them to victory. He doesn't have the same scoring touch but brings a physical dimension to the game.

It's been a pleasure watching him over the past two years and we know he's as good as gone next year. Depending on what he can do when the WJHC is over I could truly see him going top three in the draft.

One thing is for certain, Gabe is going to leave Don Cherry in tears the first time he has to watch a Swede pound a good ol' Canadian boy.

Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Glad to see that this kid I scoped a few years ago that was basically unknown, is in consideration for getting picked in the top 3!

Amazing! Love Lando's game. Hopefully the Sens draft him...

Old
05-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Teus

I wouldn't really say that he was that unknown in 2009. Swedes already talked about him in like 2007 as one of the absolute top Swedish players for this draft.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote