HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Jerseys Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2010, 09:22 PM
redfzn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I just bought a gaborik straight up, the patch was already on there
well i ordered my authentic off of nhl.com on blk fri ($286 shipped ) but they don't include the patch.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:29 PM
okchockey

Send a message via Yahoo to okchockey
Don't want to spam the board with advertising - but I can get authentic blanks for 199 and players for 249. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll see what my guy has.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:43 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
well i ordered my authentic off of nhl.com on blk fri ($286 shipped ) but they don't include the patch.
nice brov, get the patch done at cosby's

Old
12-03-2010, 09:53 PM
redfzn

Quote:
is cosby's still in the lobby of msg or did they move? i vaguely remember talk about them moving.

i might just be trippin, though

Old
12-03-2010, 09:57 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
is cosby's still in the lobby of msg or did they move? i vaguely remember talk about them moving.

i might just be trippin, though
moved, they are around the corner from the garden now

Old
12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
redfzn

Quote:
moved, they are around the corner from the garden now
just googled it- 31st & 7th

Old
12-04-2010, 02:21 AM
nyrmetros

Finally saw the new 3rd jersey replica @ sports authority......... seems much thinner than the blue/white rbk replicas......... $115 for a blank.

Old
12-04-2010, 04:05 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

I'm thinking about picking up a heritage Stepan jersey at the game tomorrow. I was gonna get a Cally jersey last night but they were sold out. Stepan's a guy I want I'm just afraid he's gonna get sent down. Everyone think this is a good pick? I would get someone else but I want someone unique that not everybody has.

Old
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'm thinking about picking up a heritage Stepan jersey at the game tomorrow. I was gonna get a Cally jersey last night but they were sold out. Stepan's a guy I want I'm just afraid he's gonna get sent down. Everyone think this is a good pick? I would get someone else but I want someone unique that not everybody has.
Torts seems committed to him, and he is playing well. Go for it!

Old
12-04-2010, 05:24 PM
xbure9x

hi guys. if you remember, I put up my heritage jersey for sale because of finances a couple of weeks ago. Well, my mother in law who is a woman of great intentions, caught wind of this and went ahead and bought me another jersey, only problem is that it is a premier jersey, not the authentic that I had. I told her I wanted to wait to save up money to get the authentic (after thanking her a lot!).

She has asked me to see if I can sell it, so I am coming here to you guys again. It is a Callahan Premier jersey with the 85th anniversary patch on the shoulders, everything sewn on. Now, she ordered it from Pro-Jerseys.com who do really great work on the jersey. The lettering is MUCH better than the nhl.com premier lettering and numbers. This is actual double layer tackle twill numbers and the lettering for the name is sewn directly to the jersey.

I am not at home right now, but when I get home later I will post pics of the jersey. The tags are still on it, so it's brand new. I need to ask for what she paid for it, which is only fair to her, so I need to ask $170 for the jersey.

Remember, the name and numbers are completely authentic unlike nhl.com which customizes their premiers with the cheap lettering and fake double layer numbers. It also has the patch SEWN on the shoulder. The authentics at MSG didn't even sew the patch, they heat glued it on.

So, $170, brand new with tags and patch, premier callahan heritage jersey, size LARGE. you guys have helped me out in the past, help my generous mother in law this time! lol

pm me if you're interested, and pics definitely later tonight. thanks guys

Last edited by xbure9x: 12-04-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
I went with a Stepan heritage THAT FINALLY SHIPPED off NHL.com

I think it sounds like you want a Cally though, why rush to get a jersey just to get it with your #2 guy on the back? Or maybe I'm just saying this so there's one less Stepan to compete with

Expected arrival is 12/7, can't wait til I get home on the 15th to see it

Old
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I went with a Stepan heritage THAT FINALLY SHIPPED off NHL.com

I think it sounds like you want a Cally though, why rush to get a jersey just to get it with your #2 guy on the back? Or maybe I'm just saying this so there's one less Stepan to compete with

Expected arrival is 12/7, can't wait til I get home on the 15th to see it

Well Stepan's my number one choice, I just figured Cally is the safer bet. I always think of a worst case scenario to happen to a player before I get a jersey now ever since I got a Mike York jersey when I was younger and he was gone 3 weeks later lol

Old
12-04-2010, 06:36 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Well Stepan's my number one choice, I just figured Cally is the safer bet. I always think of a worst case scenario to happen to a player before I get a jersey now ever since I got a Mike York jersey when I was younger and he was gone 3 weeks later lol
Yup, I still have a York Liberty jersey which is why I won't buy the jersey of a player again unless they've been here for like 5 or more years with Lundquvist's Swedish Olympic jersey being the exception.

Does anyone here know anyone who owns the LA Kings original ridiculous third jersey? That thing might be the worse than the Vancouver V.

Old
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
xbure9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbure9x View Post
hi guys. if you remember, I put up my heritage jersey for sale because of finances a couple of weeks ago. Well, my mother in law who is a woman of great intentions, caught wind of this and went ahead and bought me another jersey, only problem is that it is a premier jersey, not the authentic that I had. I told her I wanted to wait to save up money to get the authentic (after thanking her a lot!).

She has asked me to see if I can sell it, so I am coming here to you guys again. It is a Callahan Premier jersey with the 85th anniversary patch on the shoulders, everything sewn on. Now, she ordered it from Pro-Jerseys.com who do really great work on the jersey. The lettering is MUCH better than the nhl.com premier lettering and numbers. This is actual double layer tackle twill numbers and the lettering for the name is sewn directly to the jersey.

I am not at home right now, but when I get home later I will post pics of the jersey. The tags are still on it, so it's brand new. I need to ask for what she paid for it, which is only fair to her, so I need to ask $170 for the jersey.

Remember, the name and numbers are completely authentic unlike nhl.com which customizes their premiers with the cheap lettering and fake double layer numbers. It also has the patch SEWN on the shoulder. The authentics at MSG didn't even sew the patch, they heat glued it on.

So, $170, brand new with tags and patch, premier callahan heritage jersey, size LARGE. you guys have helped me out in the past, help my generous mother in law this time! lol

pm me if you're interested, and pics definitely later tonight. thanks guys
here's the pics of the jersey:
Attachment 42548

Attachment 42547

Last edited by xbure9x: 12-31-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old
12-05-2010, 06:56 AM
redfzn

Quote:
also, do they do the patch right then and there or would i have to come back for it?

Old
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Need help identifying Euro jersey. My friend was at the Isles/Flyers game yesterday and took this pic. Does anyone know what team/league this is from?

Thanks.

Old
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Anyone ever tried http://www.dhgate.com?

Friend mentioned it to me, he bought a blue home Lundqvist jersey and some Yankee jerseys off of it. I didn't notice much of a difference on him, but I also wasn't looking.

I'm going to be purchasing a few heritage's off the site. They are like $55 a piece. Supposedly they include all of the 85th anniversary patch, letters (Callahan: A, Drury: C, Staal: A), and the retired numbers. For $55, even if it is a little noticeably different, that's a good deal.

They don't have many players for the heritage though.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
stcatcs12

The few heritage jersey's I've seen on that site and all the others so far, look absolutely atrocious. I'm waiting until something decent looking comes up or I'm going to have to pony up for a true authentic, because those jersey's right now, are not even worth $20

Old
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcatcs12 View Post
The few heritage jersey's I've seen on that site and all the others so far, look absolutely atrocious. I'm waiting until something decent looking comes up or I'm going to have to pony up for a true authentic, because those jersey's right now, are not even worth $20
If people were giving out $20 jerseys I would purchase ten and wear them whenever I want - instead of one, and able to gloat about its "authenticity".

Maybe you're in a better economic position than I am or just don't care what you pay for "correct material" in your eyes - everyone has their opinion.

Fact of the matter is, those jerseys are worth exactly what they're sold for if not more. It's simply a matter of whether or not you care if you have an "authentic" and if it's just right for you.

I don't think I'd ever nitpick at first glance and look someone over once and down to see if there jersey is a fake or not.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcatcs12 View Post
the lundqvist on jerseymall2008.com looks decent

Old
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
jgiovanni

Send a message via AIM to jgiovanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
the lundqvist on jerseymall2008.com looks decent
it dosn't, look at the name in relation to the #.

On a side note, sthcool finally are making the 3rd's, quality is pretty damn good for a knock off. Lundqvist, Gaborik and Drury available at the moment for around $33.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
terrrrrible

Is the NHL RBK store in New York good about keeping things in stock? I want to get a Dubinsky 3rd jersey with the patch/retired numbers, so I may take a trip down there next weekend to pick one up.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:34 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrrrrible View Post
Is the NHL RBK store in New York good about keeping things in stock? I want to get a Dubinsky 3rd jersey with the patch/retired numbers, so I may take a trip down there next weekend to pick one up.
Unless I am mistaken, the NHL store only sold it with the patch/retired numbers on the night of the debut. They only sell the regular version now. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
terrrrrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Unless I am mistaken, the NHL store only sold it with the patch/retired numbers on the night of the debut. They only sell the regular version now. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Ah crap. Yeah I'd like to know because if it's the same as ordering it online from the shop, then I'm just going to do that.

Old
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
stcatcs12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
If people were giving out $20 jerseys I would purchase ten and wear them whenever I want - instead of one, and able to gloat about its "authenticity".

Maybe you're in a better economic position than I am or just don't care what you pay for "correct material" in your eyes - everyone has their opinion.

Fact of the matter is, those jerseys are worth exactly what they're sold for if not more. It's simply a matter of whether or not you care if you have an "authentic" and if it's just right for you.

I don't think I'd ever nitpick at first glance and look someone over once and down to see if there jersey is a fake or not.
Perhaps I worded that response incorrectly. I actually own a few jerseys that are less than "official" and I think they are awesome. You cannot even tell the difference between those and a "true" authentic unless you hold them up side by side and closely inspect them. However, the "fake" heritage jersey's that they are making right now do not look that great.The font they are using right now is pretty off and the alignment of the "NEW YORK" on the front of the jersey is also pretty off. I think they will eventually start looking better as more are being made, as I remember it took a while for them to get the font right on our current home jerseys.

Closed Thread