HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Christmastime Jersey Question

Old
12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Alternate Jersey

vCash: 500
Christmastime Jersey Question

Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while (and haven't posted much period), but I am here to inquire about purchasing a jersey, as I might add one to my Christmas list...

I am a big fan of the blue and gold Forum jersey. I think the one I want is the 79-80 away jersey, but I could be wrong about that description; in any case, the one I'd prefer has purple (blue) as the main color. I'd like to get Brownie's name/number/C on it, and they have that exact jersey for purchase on the nhl.com site (assumably because it's a special occasion jersey this year...), but for some reason when I personalize it (select Brown's name from the drop-down menu), Brown's name doesn't appear on the back. Only the number and the C show up on the preview.

I wasn't around to see the Forum jerseys...my parents were just meeting at the time...so I hope I don't sound like an idiot in this post. But from visiting nhluniforms.com (which I discovered on this board, thanks!), and from seeing the boys play in the jersey this year, I'm pretty sure I should be able to get Brown's name on it. Do you guys have any idea why the nhl.com shop won't do it? And knowing that they won't, do you know of a way that I could get his name on it after I've gotten it? Naturally, though, I don't want it to look crappy.

Thanks for helping out.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjonesluckiest View Post
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while (and haven't posted much period), but I am here to inquire about purchasing a jersey, as I might add one to my Christmas list...

I am a big fan of the blue and gold Forum jersey. I think the one I want is the 79-80 away jersey, but I could be wrong about that description; in any case, the one I'd prefer has purple (blue) as the main color. I'd like to get Brownie's name/number/C on it, and they have that exact jersey for purchase on the nhl.com site (assumably because it's a special occasion jersey this year...), but for some reason when I personalize it (select Brown's name from the drop-down menu), Brown's name doesn't appear on the back. Only the number and the C show up on the preview.

I wasn't around to see the Forum jerseys...my parents were just meeting at the time...so I hope I don't sound like an idiot in this post. But from visiting nhluniforms.com (which I discovered on this board, thanks!), and from seeing the boys play in the jersey this year, I'm pretty sure I should be able to get Brown's name on it. Do you guys have any idea why the nhl.com shop won't do it? And knowing that they won't, do you know of a way that I could get his name on it after I've gotten it? Naturally, though, I don't want it to look crappy.

Thanks for helping out.
Since it's due to the new vintage jerseys the Kings are wearing this year, there won't be a name on it. Look at the pictures of the team in the first game against Vancouver. Just the players numbers were on each jersey. So, having the name would be odd, since the current Kings vintage jerseys don't.

That being said, I was at the Chicago game and saw two people at the Trader Vic's with the jerseys. One of them (Kopitar) had it right with just the number on the back, the other (Brown) had both name and number (and it looked weird IMO). So it is possible to have it done. It just wouldn't be correct.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:44 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
They have the names on the jerseys they are selling at Staples Center now. It is still up in the air if the next 3 games played in the vintage jerseys will have the names on them or not.

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Since it's due to the new vintage jerseys the Kings are wearing this year, there won't be a name on it. Look at the pictures of the team in the first game against Vancouver. Just the players numbers were on each jersey. So, having the name would be odd, since the current Kings vintage jerseys don't.

That being said, I was at the Chicago game and saw two people at the Trader Vic's with the jerseys. One of them (Kopitar) had it right with just the number on the back, the other (Brown) had both name and number (and it looked weird IMO). So it is possible to have it done. It just wouldn't be correct.
Yeah, I know it won't be technically correct. Historically, they did have names on them, but you're right. None of the current guys have ever worn one with their name on it. I just like it better with their names on them.

I'm not really a big fan of the whole put your own name on the jersey thing, and I'd definitely prefer to have an accurate jersey. But my main preference is to actually have the jersey of a player I want, and I am not a big fan of jerseys that don't have names on them. So I kind of excuse myself from the technical incorrectness. Totally get where you're coming from, though.

Old
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
They have the names on the jerseys they are selling at Staples Center now. It is still up in the air if the next 3 games played in the vintage jerseys will have the names on them or not.
Oh wow, okay. Thanks! I have to admit, even though I'm at games quite often, I have only gotten into TeamLA like once, when they had that massive sale. And I waited in line forever...

Old
12-06-2010, 05:05 PM
lebowski74

Do you want a replica or authentic? I've heard that the replicas will have the names and the authentics won't.

lebowski74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebowski74 View Post
Do you want a replica or authentic? I've heard that the replicas will have the names and the authentics won't.
Well, I went over to TeamLA and found one. Just a replica. And you're right, it has the name on it.

Thanks for the help.

Old
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjonesluckiest View Post
Well, I went over to TeamLA and found one. Just a replica. And you're right, it has the name on it.

Thanks for the help.
I don't think they made any authentics with the fight strap. Only ones I have seen are the game worn ones.

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote