Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Update on the Stars.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
I'd rather have Fortunus on the roster than Skrastins or Niskanen, just sayin.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Brand New Stars

vCash: 500
Skrastins has been quite solid this year actually but he's not part of the future.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
I'd rather have Fortunus on the roster than Skrastins or Niskanen, just sayin.
I like Skrastins more than a lot of people on this board because he fills a role and is positionally intelligent. Too many of the current defensemen run around with no apparent aim to their coverage (Niskanen, Grossman) or get sucked out of position by those guys (Robidas, Daley). Skrastins is almost always where he's supposed to be, though doing what he's supposed to do when he's there is less of a given.

I have no issues with letting him go at the end of his contract, though. He's an older guy they can definitely upgrade on the FA market. Fortunus, though, does not fit that mold to me, at least not yet. He's still a bit of a "run around like an idiot" guy when it comes to defending NHL-caliber forwards.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
Nieuwendyk has a lot of vowels but really isn't all that difficult to spell. Not enough double letters to be hard, and it's really spelled like it sounds with the exception of the ending (which is just a Dutch variation of "like it sounds").
I find the Nieu part the hard part to remember. Wendyk is the easier portion of the name.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Daley

Can you guys tell me why you don't like Daley so much?

I realize he is yet to put up 30 points in a season, but he is on pace for that this year. He is also a +7.

So what is it that you guys hate so much about his game? His passing is not great?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post

I realize he is yet to put up 30 points in a season, but he is on pace for that this year. He is also a +7.

So what is it that you guys hate so much about his game? His passing is not great?
Well we kept being told every year that Daley was going to break out, and then when Crawford came in and implemented his system Daley (along with Niskanen) was going to be one of the biggest beneficiaries from it and well none of that has ever come to fruition so we might be a tad bitter about it.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post

I'd be fine if he was one of our #5-6 Dmen, but the fact he's touted as a guy "poised to break out" and as a prime offensive Dman just irks me. He's 28 at this point? We've seen what we're going to get, which is a speedy, small, non-physical D man who is medicore defensively.

Also the fact he constantly screens his own goalie and scores for the other team.

Truth be told I'd be fine if he was resigned to the same cap hit of 2.3mil for 2-3 years, as long as we get some top D above him so he falls into place as a bottom pairing D man.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
DPyro

I'll take this with a pound of salt. First off, why would some random guy who just so happens to have connections to Dallas spill the beans to you with all this information? Secondly, how do you figure the team will be sold within the next two months? Phoenix itself still doesn't have any real owner and yet somehow Dallas who find themselves in the same situation is able to sell the team in two months? And last but not least, why would Richards sign for anything less than what he's being paid now?

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Kritter471

To be fair, Daley was not touted as poised to break out this season, and last season had everything to do with a coaching change (in which he, Niskanen and Robidas, or all of the D with any shred of offensive sense, were all given that billing).

Daley is not nearly as bad what people make him out to be. He is what he is, but that's not what a lot of people wanted him to be at the beginning of his career. He's on an average deal for his position, role and statistics and provides consistent effort if not production. Ott suffers from the same stigma.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
I'll take this with a pound of salt.
Oh so original

Old
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Captain Awesome

To be fair, a pound is a lot of grains of salt. He takes this **** seriously.

I dislike Daley because he's not good offensively, and he certainly isn't good defensively. He doesn't have the hockey sense on either side of the puck to make a big impact, and he especially loves to make stupid decisions with the puck. Once those wheels go Trevor Daley won't even be able to sniff the NHL.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Again I said multiple times in my post that you don't have to believe a word that was said. I'm not naming the guy simply because we've talked several times.

Don't believe it if you don't want to, I really could care less. Next time I'll just keep what I hear to myself. Figured you guys might actually enjoy this and be somewhat happy that somebody had a tad bit of information... Obviously I was wrong.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Again I said multiple times in my post that you don't have to believe a word that was said. I'm not naming the guy simply because we've talked several times.

Don't believe it if you don't want to, I really could care less. Next time I'll just keep what I hear to myself. Figured you guys might actually enjoy this and be somewhat happy that somebody had a tad bit of information... Obviously I was wrong.
No you are right, I would imagine with the rare exception, that most of us do want to hear your information. Even though I'm not going to let myself believe some of it, it isn't because I think you are lying or that you didn't have this told to you. I know that things can change behind closed doors and then without explanation nothing appears, but that doesn't mean it wasn't true at the time. But me personally I hope you do keep sharing this info because even though I might not allow myself to fully believe everything I want to hope it all comes true, and after this summer when things were pretty doom and gloom, hope is a good thing. I didn't say it earlier but thank you Cin for sharing.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Agreed, thanks Cin.

Hope it's all true!

12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Brand New Stars

Don't let the negative nancies make you not post this kind of stuff. Even if it all is best case scenario situations, share it with the people that actually like to read stuff like it. Better than being surrounded by everyone's negative outlook.

Old
12-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Kritter471

Mod: deleted.

Post all you want, but don't expect me to treat you as some sort of sooth-saying insider or trust all your information will end up being true, and expect to deal with the questions/comment you're getting on this thread. That's the price of passing on information - you have to be willing to deal with the questions it brings up.

Last edited by Fugu: 12-06-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: personal shots
Old
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Ya I'm thankful for sharing. Even if it all doens't pan out its nice to hear of the "plans" and get a bit of insight on what some people on around the investors are thinking.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:00 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:

Nah dude, you should do like you did this time. It's appreciated. If people can't read what you said and come to their own personal conclusions without being dicks about it and lambasting you for misspelling one of the more annoying names in hockey that's on them.

Thanks for posting. And if you don't feel like posting in/creating a new thread in the future I'm sure some people wouldn't mind the information in the form of a pm.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Cin, I we love you, don't be like that. We're all grateful for your information.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Shocking. Not really? I believe a great deal of it, even the Seabrook, Weber part. I've always claimed (thought) Seabrook be a great fit, but we are very unlikely to get him. But then again?

I think we all know that Richards got an inflated contract for a reason some years ago, but based on his generosity (donation) this year, I hope that would have changed the tune of anyone who thought he might be a greedy guy. We saw what the Sedin's gave back to Vancouver charities and the lowish amount they signed for, I wouldn't be surprised to see something around that mark for 7 years. He gets to be the focal point of a talented and gritty young offense for many years. And this still would allow owners/mgmt to offer sheet a guy like Seabrook or sign a big ticket UFA like Markov whose stock has certainly fallen with recent injuries. Remind you of any Finn we now enjoy?

Owners, I'll believe it when I see it, but with the team going as it is this year, and with the multitude of youth and talent, I'd say now more than ever the team is marketable. Big difference coming off 2 disappointing seasons by Stars' standards versus being a team that has caught the attention of the entire league with it's stellar play. I can certainly understand why there would be interest.

Bachman is impressive, not surprised there.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
TangoMcBride

Group hug?

TangoMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I like Skrastins more than a lot of people on this board because he fills a role and is positionally intelligent. Too many of the current defensemen run around with no apparent aim to their coverage (Niskanen, Grossman) or get sucked out of position by those guys (Robidas, Daley). Skrastins is almost always where he's supposed to be, though doing what he's supposed to do when he's there is less of a given.

I have no issues with letting him go at the end of his contract, though. He's an older guy they can definitely upgrade on the FA market. Fortunus, though, does not fit that mold to me, at least not yet. He's still a bit of a "run around like an idiot" guy when it comes to defending NHL-caliber forwards.
Well said.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
HOLDITHERE

Is it wrong that the only thing I truly got excited for in that was the green jerseyed future? I think I have a sick obsession about those.

Not that the rest of it isn't interesting though. Thanks for sharing.

HOLDITHERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
I do too, but for different reasons. Should we disregard your comments since you don't know how to properly punctuate or form a sentence? How can you know what you're writing about when you can't figure out the proper use of an ellipses? Those are really petty reasons to ignore someone's point, much less attack them for it.
Wasn't attacking him, just doubting the validity. Thanks for playing though.

munkeyman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Sorry about that, pretty sure most of the people here know I post from my iPhone. Maybe you should grow up a little bit though, buddy.
Ok...so because I question the validity of your comments, I am immature? Confused.

munkeyman70 is offline   Reply With Quote