HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going to happen to LEIGHTON? (Dec. 8 update: Leighton can remain on LTIR)

Old
12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Villedelphia*

vCash: 500
hahaha F you leighton

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 04:26 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
hahaha F you leighton

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
BernieParent

I can fully see it from Leighton's perspective. The guy has bounced around for years, and then he's starting in the Cup finals. Then, just when he seems to have landed on a big-league club, he messes up his back. I'd be in full-blown pain denial, too.

That being said, I don't want Leighton anywhere near this club for the foreseeable future. If he isn't 100%, then there's no reason to rush him back. As long as Holmgren can stretch out the conditioning stint, I'm fine with Leighton livin' the low life in Adirondack.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Leighton at 100% is a career backup at best, not a starter. So that means unhealthy Leighton is something I never want to see starting in a Flyers game, unless he's on the other team.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:29 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Get rid of Leights get Roloson.……...………or Ray Emery

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Get rid of Leights get Roloson.……...………or Ray Emery
to quote Aladdin:

"let's not be too hasty"

Old
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
to quote Aladdin:

"let's not be too hasty"

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Bob vs. Leighton: The biggest Russian beat down since Rocky IV.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

VS

Old
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

VS

The puggle makes it a tough call.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Guy did what he had to do to take care of his family can you really blame him? I would've done the same thing to tell the truth.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Guy did what he had to do to take care of his family can you really blame him? I would've done the same thing to tell the truth.
Considering he did not negotiate in good faith he should deal with the ramifications which means a possible end to his NHL journeyman career. The payout for his family is shrewd from a business standpoint but what goes around comes around as they say...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Considering he did not negotiate in good faith he should deal with the ramifications which means a possible end to his NHL journeyman career. The payout for his family is shrewd from a business standpoint but what goes around comes around as they say...
Hey he might be getting the shaft from Holmgren(not really but I'm sure he feels that way) but I doubt he regrets his actions. He's not getting that contract ever again and if he disclosed his injury he's probably on a 2way deal right now anyway.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay
I agree with both points here. As I posted previously, it's understandable what Leighton did and why, but like the good Doctor said, he has to take the consequences. It's really a win-win: the Flyers get a quality starter in Bob, and Leighton gets to keep his current address and sock away some money for retirement.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:46 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
End his career? I hate the guy as much as the next, and was VERY out spoken when the whole hiding information-gate stuff broke, but you can't league wide black list the dude because of it. Ramifications such as voiding the ****ing ******** contract were things I was pushing for, not banish the guy from the league Barry Bonds style.

And... just in case, to make myself look awesome, or an ass - I called it. When everyone was saying 'bye bye Booshy boy', I was one of the few standing proud saying the 'Thai Leighty boy' is more likely on his way out instead.

Flyers are one of the few organizations with uh... integrity? that really take care of their players in my opinion. Due to this, I think, they will keep Boosh for him being professional in these past years and axe Professor Leighton for how he backstabbed with a D20 on THAC0 of -3 with a steel dagger +1'ed the organization. Man finals destroy my thought process.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:29 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
End his career? I hate the guy as much as the next, and was VERY out spoken when the whole hiding information-gate stuff broke, but you can't league wide black list the dude because of it. Ramifications such as voiding the ****ing ******** contract were things I was pushing for, not banish the guy from the league Barry Bonds style.

And... just in case, to make myself look awesome, or an ass - I called it. When everyone was saying 'bye bye Booshy boy', I was one of the few standing proud saying the 'Thai Leighty boy' is more likely on his way out instead.

Flyers are one of the few organizations with uh... integrity? that really take care of their players in my opinion. Due to this, I think, they will keep Boosh for him being professional in these past years and axe Professor Leighton for how he backstabbed with a D20 on THAC0 of -3 with a steel dagger +1'ed the organization. Man finals destroy my thought process.
I'm not necessarily advocating for his banishment league wide...I'm just saying Philly was his best chance and he effed it up royally by first imploding in the finals with a lousy 80% save percentage and having the keebler elf look-alike Niemi outplay him and then trying to hide the fact he janked up his back. I mean the guy has a lot of strikes against him notwithstanding he was professionally challenged to begin with. He may by default be blacklisted or he'll just go back to being a journeyman player pin balling around the league. There is still a chance he sticks with the team but unless Bob or Boosh go down to injury (god forbid) he seems like the one on the out.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 01:07 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
I'm not necessarily advocating for his banishment league wide...I'm just saying Philly was his best chance and he effed it up royally by first imploding in the finals with a lousy 80% save percentage and having the keebler elf look-alike Niemi outplay him and then trying to hide the fact he janked up his back. I mean the guy has a lot of strikes against him notwithstanding he was professionally challenged to begin with. He may by default be blacklisted or he'll just go back to being a journeyman player pin balling around the league. There is still a chance he sticks with the team but unless Bob or Boosh go down to injury (god forbid) he seems like the one on the out.
If Leighton would of been unfront with his injury before he signed the deal I am sure Holmgren still would of taken care of him. maybe he doesnt get the deal he got but he still would of gotten paid. He lied or chose to hide his injury. He made the bed he is in and hes going to have to deal with the consequences.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 01:22 AM
PhillyFan4Ever

send him to the roadwarriors!

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 01:38 AM
StandingCow

Ok, someone explain this to me... they are saying when leighton comes back they might have to put matt walker and/or lappy on LTIR... why aren't they on there already? Is there some benefit or difficulty on putting players on LTIR?

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:18 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
He'll be taken around to the back of the shed by Holmgren.

Seriously though, we need to keep him around and make sure he's healthy. No rush to get him back right now.

I agree with the poster above me completely and I touched upon this in the Islanders GDT, but it's a pretty dumb idea to put all of our hopes on Bobrovsky. He's just as likely to fizzle out or be a flash-in-the-pan as any other rookie. Except other rookies have had AHL and/or NA experience and goalie coaching before so Bobrovsky actually could be more likely.
Respectfully i think BOBS KHL experience was every bit as demanding as other rookie net minders that have come out of the AHL ranks ?He certainly had a lot of work playing goal on such a terrible team.Certainly BOB could hit a lull as do many rookie goalies,and veterans as well, but i do not see BOB more prone to such because he did not come up through the AHL etc.

As far as pressure is concerned, i do not think a young rookie goalie could have handled pressure any better than BOB did during his debut in Pittsburgh opening night ?He seems to handle pressure very well in my opinion.His whole young NHL experience has been pressure filled in every way and he has done very well.

He got signed undrafted by a team in a foreign country that just played in the Stanly cup finals.

Then he works his a$$ off and wins the starting job over 2 veterans who have played in the NHL [ yes one was injured]

Then he gets the nod to start the first game in a brand new arena on the road against a team anchored by Crosby and Malkin etc. He played a fine game and won

Then he wins Rookie of the month for November.

I think BOB is doing fine, and i think as the season progresses he will learn and grow from the experience he gets through the season etc.Surely he will have a few hiccups now and then, but that is part of the seasoning process.

Come playoff time BOB just might be NAILS and he just might steal us a cup !I like that thought, because i know that even solid very experienced high salary goalies have melted down in the playoffs because of the high expectations expected of them.....Bob don't sweat that stuff !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Villedelphia*

What's going to happen to LEIGHTON?

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 04:16 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
That's hilarious !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 07:09 AM
kicksave27

He should just be thankful the flyers don't void his contract and ****. If he's back is still iffy, he will have a career ending case of the sucks.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 07:42 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post

Hah, I like the D&D references here. AD&D no less. That is some ancient stuff

Looks like Leighton is getting sent away to a farm.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote