HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things NYC (Tourist Stuff, Events)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2010, 07:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Are there any unique foods or snacks that New York is famous for too that I can bring back for co-workers? Anything like chocolates, etc
Bagels.

12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Bagels.
Salami!

I'm more partial to a good Bialy.

Old
12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
NYR89

Any suggestions for middle of the road restaurants around Broadway? Me and my girl are going up for the day. She's never really been before so I want to take her somewhere with good food.

Thanks for the tips!

Old
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Any suggestions for middle of the road restaurants around Broadway? Me and my girl are going up for the day. She's never really been before so I want to take her somewhere with good food.

Thanks for the tips!
Big Nick's on the Upper West Side, 77th st. & Broadway

Old
12-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Eric

I plan to visit all the main attractions (Empire state building, statue of liberty, etc) Is there a package I can buy that would allow me to check out all those places without individually paying for them? What is the best bang for the buck method?

I read something about a New York pass? Is that worth it?

Old
12-08-2010, 06:30 AM
NYREFC

Coming over for the Tampa game. Was just wondering where the ticket pick up is at MSG? Also can I only pick tickets up on the actual day?

Thanks

Old
12-08-2010, 06:43 AM
English Ranger

Ticket pick up is through the main doors, straight ahead.

I visited NY last month and saw my first ever Rangers game (and another two). Loved it.

I would suggest to anyone going to NY to try out the High Line. Lovely and relaxing.

Old
12-12-2010, 11:52 AM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYREFC View Post
Coming over for the Tampa game. Was just wondering where the ticket pick up is at MSG? Also can I only pick tickets up on the actual day?

Thanks
I think the only major site you get on the NY pass is the Empire State Building. I wouldn't do it. A lot of awesome stuff to see is free (Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, Rockerfeller Center.) Save your money for food and drinks!

Old
12-12-2010, 08:14 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I plan to visit all the main attractions (Empire state building, statue of liberty, etc) Is there a package I can buy that would allow me to check out all those places without individually paying for them? What is the best bang for the buck method?

I read something about a New York pass? Is that worth it?
The New York City Pass is $79 and covers the Empire State Building, the Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art, a choice between the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island or a Circle Line Cruise, and a choice between the Guggenheim or Top of the Rock.

If you like museums, it is definitely worth it.

Old
12-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Hockeyman1980

Hi guys!

As I'm going to visit New York next week I'm wondering if there are any good hockey shops or shops with Rangers/NHL stuff?

Can you recommend some?

Thanks, Ben

Old
12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
proper animal
Sorry by me

The NHL flagship store on the corner of 46th and 6th is a good bet for a lot of general NHL merchandise, although a lot of it is overpriced.

Old
12-14-2010, 01:25 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman1980 View Post
Hi guys!

As I'm going to visit New York next week I'm wondering if there are any good hockey shops or shops with Rangers/NHL stuff?

Can you recommend some?

Thanks, Ben
http://www.cosbysports.com/

a couple of blocks from MSG.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:03 PM
pete3589

I'm coming in tomorrow night for the game. Usually I get there before, find a parking ramp, and go to the game. This time I'm getting there early (coming in from Buffalo) and will do a few city things before the game.

Will there be a reasonable parking ramp that will take the car from like say 2PM till after the game thats close to the garden? Or should I just find a spot on the street (which shouldn't be too tough at 2PM) and feed the meter every 2 hours?

We willl probably have a trunk full of stuff that might overflow into the back seat (which is my concern about parking on the street). Any suggestions?

Old
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3589 View Post
I'm coming in tomorrow night for the game. Usually I get there before, find a parking ramp, and go to the game. This time I'm getting there early (coming in from Buffalo) and will do a few city things before the game.

Will there be a reasonable parking ramp that will take the car from like say 2PM till after the game thats close to the garden? Or should I just find a spot on the street (which shouldn't be too tough at 2PM) and feed the meter every 2 hours?

We willl probably have a trunk full of stuff that might overflow into the back seat (which is my concern about parking on the street). Any suggestions?
I couldn't imagine any parking garage NOT taking your car, regardless of the time you spend there. You'd just have to pay the hourly rate. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:28 PM
pete3589

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
I couldn't imagine any parking garage NOT taking your car, regardless of the time you spend there. You'd just have to pay the hourly rate. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking.
Not quite. I'm just wondering if there would be some issue with my car staying there through game time, since most charge "event" prices once the evening rolls around. I guess I'm just looking for maybe a suggestion or a price of what someone else paid for something similar to see whether I'll do it or not.

Old
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Fun bars in NYC

Hi... What are some fun bars on a Wednesday night in NYC. I'm 22... And I'm staying at the Hilton on 28th and 6th avenue.

Thanks!

Old
12-24-2010, 05:07 AM
the fife flyer

Hi Guys,

Over in NYC from the 16th to 23rd January and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a night out. Got tix for the Leafs game on the 19th so any other night, me and my wife will be looking for a good night out.
Not into Broadway stage shows, so that`s out.
Ideally, would love to see the Doobie Brothers or Hall & Oates but that`s not gonna happen so can anyone recommend any music clubs, shows, tribute bands. That kind of thing. We like all kinds of music from Dean Martin to Funky House. Anything except rap/hippity hop

Also. we`d love to see the Letterman show being recorded. Is it difficult to get tix. I registered weeks ago but guess not having a U.S. address or fone number won`t help.

Thanks.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:21 PM
NYR89

Alright so I've got tickets to see Wicked on Monday (the 27th). With this weather coming in are we going to have problems getting into the city via train? Our original plan was to catch the train from Union, NJ which is about 90 minutes from where we live. Should we try to find another place to catch the train or are there any places where we can get updates for closures and things like that?

Old
12-25-2010, 08:41 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Hi... What are some fun bars on a Wednesday night in NYC. I'm 22... And I'm staying at the Hilton on 28th and 6th avenue.

Thanks!
Dunno about the bars but I just wanted to say excellent choice for lodging.

Old
12-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Marc Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Alright so I've got tickets to see Wicked on Monday (the 27th). With this weather coming in are we going to have problems getting into the city via train? Our original plan was to catch the train from Union, NJ which is about 90 minutes from where we live. Should we try to find another place to catch the train or are there any places where we can get updates for closures and things like that?
You should be fine taking the train. If im correct the snow just slow down/stop by early Monday afternoon.

Im going to the game Monday so will be taking the train too.

Old
12-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan18nyr View Post
You should be fine taking the train. If im correct the snow just slow down/stop by early Monday afternoon.

Im going to the game Monday so will be taking the train too.
18 inches will be on the ground with up to 60 mph winds.

Everyone please drive safe, or better yet, skip it, stay where you are.

Old
12-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

be safe everyone happy holidays

Old
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fife flyer View Post
Hi Guys,

Over in NYC from the 16th to 23rd January and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a night out. Got tix for the Leafs game on the 19th so any other night, me and my wife will be looking for a good night out.
Not into Broadway stage shows, so that`s out.
Ideally, would love to see the Doobie Brothers or Hall & Oates but that`s not gonna happen so can anyone recommend any music clubs, shows, tribute bands. That kind of thing. We like all kinds of music from Dean Martin to Funky House. Anything except rap/hippity hop

Also. we`d love to see the Letterman show being recorded. Is it difficult to get tix. I registered weeks ago but guess not having a U.S. address or fone number won`t help.

Thanks.
Any advice guys

Old
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
morffin

try the iridium Jazz Club.......

http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com/

Old
01-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Fletch

also try BB King's. Not sure what kind of tribute bands you're looking for, but they have a few...

http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/index.shtml

Closed Thread