HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Thrasher" Predators at Thrashers 12.06.10

Old
12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
Just checked the stat page, we won a total of 15 faceoffs all night.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

You brought a good crew tonight, hope they all enjoyed it. They had their run of the place in the first period for sure.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

29% at the dot. That stat directly led to their first two goals. 2 seconds and 5 seconds between an Atlanta win at the dot in their offensive zone and those goals. Klein forced to come from the far side to try and stop Ladd's rebound attempt didn't help on the PK goal allowed.

Nobody on Lindback's left on that final goal ... except Bogosian.

So easy to blame Klein for his kick at the puck, but, there were multiple points of failure besides that one ... before, during (nobody even has a stick to hand Klein?), and after.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 12-06-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: correct FO %
101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Epic fail by Klein right there at the end. That goal is all on him. Everyone is waiting for him to do something and he just stands there. He had all sorts of choices of what to do.

Kick the puck away from the oncoming ATL player.

Hold the puck with his feet until help arrives.

Grab a stick from the bench he is standing right next to.

We talk about how Klein sometimes has brainfarts. That was a major one right there.
All on Klein? Really? How about two guys going to the puck once it's taken away from Klein leaving Bogosian all alone? How about no one on the bench getting him a stick? How about the play was at center ice and they had him surrounded with no where to move the puck to. While he could've tried to hold it against the boards, would've been a smarter play, no one else did anything of note either that prevented Bogosian from scoring.

While it's easy to pile on Klein for this mishap, how about being up 2-0 on the road and not finishing? This goes back to what I've been upset about for years, we can't put away a team when we have them down. We also can't win a faceoff, draw it back to the point and shoot the puck into traffic. Two goals tonight off of faceoff wins by Atlanta. Same thing that happened against Chicago in the playoffs. These are not new concepts. We have guys with good shots from the point yet we rarely win important offensive zone faceoffs to get the puck to the point to allow these guys to shoot while the other team is getting set and even when we do get it back there, our guys settle the puck down and start passing it around as opposed to firing it on net.

We're also going to sit here and blame one poor play on losing the game? How about Ward not being able to finish in front of the net shorthanded? What about Sully not shooting and passing to O'Reilly instead of firing a one timer while having half the net to shoot at? Either of those go in the game is probably over and we are going to Detroit with two points. Easy to point out one mishap but I'd say Franson had a much worse game overall. How many times has he tried passing the puck to the middle of the ice still? How about bad penalty when he should've passed the puck long before it was taken away from him? As much as I'd love to agree with you, we had chances to put this game away and we didn't. We lack the killer instinct. Always have, always will.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
All on Klein? Really? How about two guys going to the puck once it's taken away from Klein leaving Bogosian all alone? How about no one on the bench getting him a stick? How about the play was at center ice and they had him surrounded with no where to move the puck to. While he could've tried to hold it against the boards, would've been a smarter play, no one else did anything of note either that prevented Bogosian from scoring.

While it's easy to pile on Klein for this mishap, how about being up 2-0 on the road and not finishing? This goes back to what I've been upset about for years, we can't put away a team when we have them down. We also can't win a faceoff, draw it back to the point and shoot the puck into traffic. Two goals tonight off of faceoff wins by Atlanta. Same thing that happened against Chicago in the playoffs. These are not new concepts. We have guys with good shots from the point yet we rarely win important offensive zone faceoffs to get the puck to the point to allow these guys to shoot while the other team is getting set and even when we do get it back there, our guys settle the puck down and start passing it around as opposed to firing it on net.

We're also going to sit here and blame one poor play on losing the game? How about Ward not being able to finish in front of the net shorthanded? What about Sully not shooting and passing to O'Reilly instead of firing a one timer while having half the net to shoot at? Either of those go in the game is probably over and we are going to Detroit with two points. Easy to point out one mishap but I'd say Franson had a much worse game overall. How many times has he tried passing the puck to the middle of the ice still? How about bad penalty when he should've passed the puck long before it was taken away from him? As much as I'd love to agree with you, we had chances to put this game away and we didn't. We lack the killer instinct. Always have, always will.

Yes, all on Klein. Grape kool-aid ... yum.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:54 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Congrats to your fanbase that came down tonight. Glad it went to OT. The Preds were constantly in motion, made the first period hell on us.

Ondrej Pavelec played his best game of the year, even giving up the 2 goals.

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:09 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
O'Reilly had an entire side of the net had he just shown a little more patience, drawn the puck back, and put it there. Ward could have just lifted the puck. No finishers kills us in games like these.
game is fast and choices are made quick..O'reilly made the choice to get the shot off quick, didnt work.

And i believe Ward tried to get it up quick, but the puck was just too close to Pavelec, so it wouldnt have been possible to get it in that way.

Klein...!!!

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

From what I saw, OT goal was just bad luck. Klein loses his stick, Ward and Wilson both go to help, which leaves Bogosian open, and although it was a good shot, you did not get a big save that you needed.
To blame it all on Klein is not warranted.
You had the Avalanche 2 - 0 and could not hold the lead, or put it away.
Just my observations. I understand the frustration, but it should not all be put on one guy

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:32 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
That was Eric Boulton, who as the ATL announcers loved to point out is known for how strong he is, they were impressed by Wilson's strength knocking him on his rear and moving on as if nothing happened...
Awesome!

Wilson has been playing great lately

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

one thing bugged the hell out of me on the second atlanta goal. inless my eyes decieve me it looks as if lindback is in the process of making a save on byfugliens shot and ladd slashes lindbacks glove. and slash as in tomahawking lindbacks glove and the puck flutters out and ladd buries it. 1) an orange banded retard is standing there watching it. 2) that same orange banded retarded didn't whistle it dead.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:46 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Thrashers broadcasters featured Weber and the non-call high stick four separate times during the game, plus named him the "Toyota Tundra Hardest Working Player".

orangethrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:24 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I swear, from the angle I saw that missed high stick that led to Weber's missing nearly an entire period for stitches, it looked like the stick missed Weber all together and he embellished. I really didn't think he was that type of player, but I rewound it and ran it frame by frame. It just looked like his reaction was too delayed I guess.

Anyway, I saw him on the bench looking pissed off with blood flowing down his chin. I guess it's safe to say the stick got him pretty good, and what would have probably been called a double minor high sticking penalty went completely unnoticed. Oh well...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 02:17 AM
pred33fan

Quote:

Responding to the bolded part: They WERE trying to hand him a stick on the bench. I was sitting right there. Klien didn't take it.

pred33fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 02:31 AM
predfan24

Quote:

I never said the loss was Klein's fault just the last goal. I would say faceoffs and sloppy and dangerous passing in our zone were the biggest factors in us losing the momentum and getting away from what worked in the 1st period. Shooting the puck while taking away Pavelec's eyes.

But yes Klein is at fault for that last goal. He has several seconds to make a decision which in NHL time is a lifetime. Literally sitting on the puck would have been better than just sitting there for a few seconds and then feebly trying to kick the puck when the ATL player was right on top of him. Because of his brain fart the ATL player was able to chip the puck around him. Because of Klein's inaction the D is surprised and back on their heels. Literally everyone was waiting for him to do SOMETHING and he did nothing. Now all of a sudden you got attacking ATL players coming down with speed on D-men who are standing flat footed and completely surprised. That's not the D's fault.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:03 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow, what a great win, 2-0!! Guys played great.

Oh....right, a game is more than 20 minutes.

I'm tired of seeing our players taking high sticks with nothing being called.

We're terrible 4-on-4. We just stand around and wait for the other team to do something before reacting.

I had a feeling we would blow this game during the second period when Pavelec started making all these great saves.

Plus you know, getting outshot 28-16 over the last 2 periods helped.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Agree with Glen here. There are 5 guys on the ice. It is short sighted to single out 1 player. Besides, Klein did not do nothing. He tried to kick the puck but missed lol.

Where was the player who should have been covering Bogosian?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 05:42 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Klein did make a mistake on that play but he was in a tough spot. Besides the goal was scored by a defenseman, where was the great Ward on that play? He and Smithson sucked against Atlanta, period, Ward was minus -2 in a game that featured 2 even strength goals by Atlanta. Smithson loses 2 faces offs clean and the result was 2 big goals by Atlanta.

Those are my 2 goats of the game.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

What... what in the world was klein thinking?

Smithson was terrible as well...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
hatedandproud

YEAH...darn it klein....why didn't you use your special morping powers and morph your feet into hockey sticks, you dummy you!

Yes, he should have just put a skate on either side and tried to freeze the puck, but the atl player actually poked the puck out of there before he even tried to kick the puck.
Really, I put more of the blame on Wilson. He shouldn't have gone over to that side of the ice. If he had stayed in position there would have at least been someone over on that side of the ice to cover bogo.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i thought klein was waiting on his teammates to physically come over and get the puck rather than watching it. the wing should have been that guy.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:27 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i thought klein was waiting on his teammates to physically come over and get the puck rather than watching it. the wing should have been that guy.
that's what I thought, too, but wasn't the wing (ward?) laying at center ice from the trip/collision?

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Ward did get tripped but he got up and started skating towards the offensive zone, I don't know why....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
that's what I thought, too, but wasn't the wing (ward?) laying at center ice from the trip/collision?
Ward was back on his feet, but he just just standing there at center ice watching what was going on instead of trying to go over and get the puck. He eventually made a move in the direction that klein was kicking.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Jarnberg

Hey its Predators fans. The game result is always the fault of the year's designated scapegoat defensemen, no matter what else happens on the ice the rest of the game. See Zidlicky, Zanon, etc. Scapegoat tunnelvision.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
YEAH...darn it klein....why didn't you use your special morping powers and morph your feet into hockey sticks, you dummy you!

Yes, he should have just put a skate on either side and tried to freeze the puck, but the atl player actually poked the puck out of there before he even tried to kick the puck.
Really, I put more of the blame on Wilson. He shouldn't have gone over to that side of the ice. If he had stayed in position there would have at least been someone over on that side of the ice to cover bogo.
Yes Klein was waiting for some help but he had enough time to grab a stick, get a change, any plethora of things! Simply put he can't let the guy poke the puck by him like he is not even standing there. He literally had seconds to make some sort of a decision and did nothing. By the time he went to act it was too late. You tie the puck up in your skates and wait for help at the very least. That's simple hockey 101. You guys can make all the excuses you want for him. He was the main cause by far on the last goal.

If Klein had tied the puck up and didn't get any help from Ward or Wilson then yeah I wouldn't have blamed Klein at all but his inaction gave nobody a chance. Just a total brainfart by Klein.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote