HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Sturm still makes a lot of sense. A top 6 forward for a pick.

Old
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Sturm still makes a lot of sense. A top 6 forward for a pick.
I still pretty much think that Marco Sturm is going to be a King.

Just need to wait for him to come back I suppose. The whole situation was just too weird lol.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post

Just need to wait for him to come back I suppose. The whole situation was just too weird lol.
I concur.

Old
12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post

IMHO, the deal will be done in January. I'm not too sure if players get paid by the day or by the week or by the month or by the year, but for this month to be gone (December) and for this year to be gone (2010), would logically seem to make sense in Sturm's situation. Lombardi is wise.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
ye its a real shame we dont have a GM who can predict the future......
Not much to predict here, really. The Cap has gone up EVERY YEAR because the NHLPA demands the five percent inflator increase. Its stupid to think it wont go up. Why would the NHLPA not want to exercise its right which adds to its members ability to get more dollars? Thats what their primary function is.

And for anyone who buys into the concept that the cap won't always continue to rise, please PM me, as I am selling luxury condo investments in the Gobi desert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
IMHO, the deal will be done in January. I'm not too sure if players get paid by the day or by the week or by the month or by the year, but for this month to be gone (December) and for this year to be gone (2010), would logically seem to make sense in Sturm's situation. Lombardi is wise.
You're probably right. Sturm will still be coming off an injury, it can still be viewed as dumpster diving and AEG saves a few sheckels by waiting, not that I mind, as I dont really want him anyway.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Not much to predict here, really. The Cap has gone up EVERY YEAR because the NHLPA demands the five percent inflator increase. Its stupid to think it wont go up. Why would the NHLPA not want to exercise its right which adds to its members ability to get more dollars? Thats what their primary function is.

And for anyone who buys into the concept that the cap won't always continue to rise, please PM me, as I am selling luxury condo investments in the Gobi desert!

You're probably right. Sturm will still be coming off an injury, it can still be viewed as dumpster diving and AEG saves a few sheckels by waiting, not that I mind, as I dont really want him anyway.
Actually, the rising cap has been consistently linked with the strength of the Canadian dollar. Much of the leagues' revenue comes from the Canadian teams, so that more than makes up for the lack of revenue coming from the Sun Belt markets that are struggling. If the Canadian dollar were not as strong compared to the American dollar, the cap would not continue to increase.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Actually, the rising cap has been consistently linked with the strength of the Canadian dollar. Much of the leagues' revenue comes from the Canadian teams, so that more than makes up for the lack of revenue coming from the Sun Belt markets that are struggling. If the Canadian dollar were not as strong compared to the American dollar, the cap would not continue to increase.
This is correct for the most part. For those that don't think the cap can come back to earth PM me so I can apologize. I think I may have sold some of my real estate investments to you during the bubble. So sorry.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This is correct for the most part. For those that don't think the cap can come back to earth PM me so I can apologize. I think I may have sold some of my real estate investments to you during the bubble. So sorry.
I'm not going to pretend I understand how all the economic happenings work, but that's the explanation I've read over and over again.

Here's Pierre LeBrun's take on it:

Quote:
It might surprise some that the cap isn’t expected to go down given all the empty seats in places like Phoenix, Dallas, Florida, Long Island, Atlanta and Columbus. But the league has seen growth in other areas, particularly in new media and most relevantly in the Canadian dollar. The Canadian and U.S. dollars have essentially been at par all season long, and with the six Canadian teams representing between 30-35 percent of league-wide team revenues … well, you get the picture.

If the Canadian dollar was back down to 70 or 75 cents U.S., revenues for Canadian teams would be lower and the cap would go down.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Some new update on Sturm.

Quote:
MurphysLaw74 Jimmy Murphy
Bruins head coach Claude Julien said Marco Sturm is "getting close" to a return after taking contact in practice yesterday.
Quote:
MurphysLaw74 Jimmy Murphy
Regarding last tweet on Marco Sturm, both Kings and Bruins sources confirmed to me that Kings would still be interested in Sturm.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Its not Real estate you sold me, but that production model of the Spruce Goose thats going to take off real soon!

Old
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
They are probably waiting for him to get a couple of games in and show that he can still play and at least prove he is healthy.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
DeeMeck

Hemsky will be out "an extended period of time"

Old
12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
So Hemsky IS "still out."

Old
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
rigger

Penner + Pajaarvi

for

Schenn + Tuebert + 1st

Thoughts?

a proven 30 goal scorer and Magnus, a potential 70-80 point winger for a physical dman who's a ceiling is a top 2-3 dman, a young centre (same draft year as Pajaarvi) who's ceiling is likely 50-60 points a year, great second liner, potential first liner and a late first round pick.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
So Hemsky IS "still out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Heh. I don't think he was ever in. At least, I doubt he was up for any serious trade negotiation. He would cost more than someone like Penner, who is a better goal scorer and plays 82 games a year, which doesn't make too much sense other than he is more talented

Old
12-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Penner + Pajaarvi

for

Schenn + Tuebert + 1st

Thoughts?

a proven 30 goal scorer and Magnus, a potential 70-80 point winger for a physical dman who's a ceiling is a top 2-3 dman, a young centre (same draft year as Pajaarvi) who's ceiling is likely 50-60 points a year, great second liner, potential first liner and a late first round pick.
Intriguing but I hesitate it filled our winger woes but strips us of our future long term center. But very intriguing.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Continue on here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...7#post29414347

Closed Thread