HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Thrasher" Predators at Thrashers 12.06.10

Old
12-07-2010, 11:53 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Yes Klein was waiting for some help but he had enough time to grab a stick, get a change, any plethora of things! Simply put he can't let the guy poke the puck by him like he is not even standing there. He literally had seconds to make some sort of a decision and did nothing. By the time he went to act it was too late. You tie the puck up in your skates and wait for help at the very least. That's simple hockey 101. You guys can make all the excuses you want for him. He was the main cause by far on the last goal.
I'm with you here. Yeah yeah, there were three other players on the ice, but the play started right there. It shouldn't have started at all.

And no I'm not just tossing Klein under the bus because he's my defenseman scapegoat of the year. I think Klein has easily been our third best defenseman, and I've really liked his game this season. Just a dumb mistake that led to a break down that led to a goal in OT. It happens, but it was still bad.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm with you here. Yeah yeah, there were three other players on the ice, but the play started right there. It shouldn't have started at all.

And no I'm not just tossing Klein under the bus because he's my defenseman scapegoat of the year. I think Klein has easily been our third best defenseman, and I've really liked his game this season. Just a dumb mistake that led to a break down that led to a goal in OT. It happens, but it was still bad.
Personally I'm not making Klein a scapegoat of anything other than this goal. No doubt he had been one of the more steadier defenders this year. Just every once in awhile he'll do something that makes you think What in the hell was he thinking there? That's always been the story on Klein.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:00 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Yes Klein was waiting for some help but he had enough time to grab a stick, get a change, any plethora of things!... You guys can make all the excuses you want for him. He was the main cause by far on the last goal.
We didn't lose the game because of one player not executing well during a 10 second interval. Why not blame to loss on Weber for his stupid boarding penalty. That decision led to the goal to send the game into overtime. Or let's blame Smithson for not winning his faceoffs that resulted in two goals. Or maybe Lindback for not making a not-too-difficult save on the GWG.

It's a 60 + minute game with a billion and one opportunities to prevent or produce a goal. Pinning the loss on Klein doesn't make sense.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

No one has blamed Klein for the loss. As far as I can tell predfan24 and I both have been rather careful about limiting our displeasure with Klein to this one goal. Just because it was a GWG doesn't mean we're blaming him for the loss.

Honestly, since last night I've more or less shifted my blame to a boneheaded decision that led to a goal. The entire break down caused it.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We brag about our 2 way forwards yet it seems we give up more goals to defensemen than any team in the NHL.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred33fan View Post
Responding to the bolded part: They WERE trying to hand him a stick on the bench. I was sitting right there. Klien didn't take it.
Who tried to give him a stick?

The player nearest to him on that end of the bench appears to lean back from the play and the only stick I've seen offered to him came after the puck was in Atlanta's possession.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:32 PM
jstreet

vCash: 1613
I dont think Pavelic was as awesome as some people give him credit for.

On Oreillys great chance he shot the puck right into Pavs left pad, a few shots went right into his glove but he does the big swoop after he catches it and it really looks like he is doing something, we shot the puck over the top of the crossbar all night, etc etc etc.

This one was an embarassing one to lose. I think Im more grumpy about it than usual because I had to work last night and stayed up to watch the replay.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
glenngineer

ThirdMan and PredFan, sorry for starting the Klein lost us the game angle from your posts. Not the intent. He was part of the reason for their third goal but I'd have to say, no one on Bogosian goes to the two forwards on the ice as well. Usually a few things go wrong on a goal and a play at center ice may have started it, but there were other breakdowns as well.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

With Kane out 3 weeks the preds need to steal points now to jump ahead of Chicago... right now we have three games in hand. We need to get her done!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
pred33fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Who tried to give him a stick?

The player nearest to him on that end of the bench appears to lean back from the play and the only stick I've seen offered to him came after the puck was in Atlanta's possession.
I'm not sure exactly who, but I do remember Coach Horacheck grabbing a stick. It may have been him.

pred33fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
YEAH...darn it klein....why didn't you use your special morping powers and morph your feet into hockey sticks, you dummy you!

Yes, he should have just put a skate on either side and tried to freeze the puck, but the atl player actually poked the puck out of there before he even tried to kick the puck.
Really, I put more of the blame on Wilson. He shouldn't have gone over to that side of the ice. If he had stayed in position there would have at least been someone over on that side of the ice to cover bogo.
That was Wilsons side. But given the fact Klein had no stick and needed help, and his winger on that side Ward had been tripped/hit and was way behind the play, Wilson jumped over to help. Was it the right play? Probably not, but you could not have had more bad breaks during that whole 10 seconds.
Really, either way your team got 1 point. I really think people should stop focussing on this part of the game and look at why the Preds can't protect a lead!

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

the other thought i had, and watching it again, is that our guys were looking for a stoppage after the collision. whether it was a penalty or offside they were looking for, i don't know. that would explain klein with his head up and not hunkered down protecting the puck, it would explain ward standing at center ice watching the play. it would explain why bouillon was coasting over toward klein like he was just gonna grab a body for a post-whistle scrum. instead atlanta kept playing and was rewarded for playing to the whistle.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Makes sense! I will have to look at it again but would explain why Klein did not seem too concerned at the time

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly who, but I do remember Coach Horacheck grabbing a stick. It may have been him.
If it was Horachek at the far end of the bench, it was after the puck was on its way to Bogosian ... same for the possible attempt by SOB after the puck was well away from the boards. Frame by frame doesn't even help much here.

Old
12-07-2010, 07:20 PM
pred33fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If it was Horachek at the far end of the bench, it was after the puck was on its way to Bogosian ... same for the possible attempt by SOB after the puck was well away from the boards. Frame by frame doesn't even help much here.
*shrug*

All I know is what I saw less than a foot from me. It happened quickly.

pred33fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
*shrug*

All I know is what I saw less than a foot from me. It happened quickly.
I've got the benefit of replay and there weren't any sticks offered before the puck was lost to the Thrashers.

Old
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
As always, you are right. I clearly don't know what I saw in person. Just because you think you're always right, doesn't mean you are. With that, I'm am finished with this thread and probably this board. I mean, I'm just a stupid girl who witnessed it and because it wasn't on your tv screen, it couldn't possibly happen. Peace out.
If you want to get an attitude when I describe what I watched from multiple angles at full speed, slow motion, and frame by frame .. feel free. Nobody had a stick offered up from any of the replay angles until AFTER the puck was lost along the boards.

But since you want to get defensive .. which were you watching, attempts to hand a stick or the action on the ice? Were you looking at the end of the bench near center ice or our defensive end? Were you looking at Ward? Wilson? Klein? Bouillon? There is no way to have focused on all of them if you were a foot from an attempted stick hand off (which would put you closer than Spaling was to O'Brien).

By your own admission, it happened quickly. Eye witness accounts are notoriously inaccurate.

For the record, I made no comment on your intelligence level or gender.

EDIT:
Horacek was standing closest to the blue line of any of the three coaches, Klein lost the puck along the boards at the other end of the bench.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 12-07-2010 at 09:32 PM.