HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill IX

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill IX

Aren't rumors fun?!? ... yeah, I know... But we still need a place to put them all

Continue on...

ďThis is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!Ē - Bob Miller
Old
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst!

Old
12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Fat Elvis

A guy like Max Pac from MTL would be an interesting target.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Parise. We want Parise. Nothing less, but we'd take someone better if we could.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
A guy like Max Pac from MTL would be an interesting target.
I like this idea as well. Unfortunately, I'm going off what I've read about him. Never seen him play. I like his size, that he's a left-winger, that he's American, and that he said he'd rather be getting lots of ice time improving in the AHL than playing bottom-6 minutes in the NHL since he's projected to be a top-6.

I also hear that Montreal needs D. We just happen to have a solid prospect or two there that could be dealt. Either Muzzin/Drewiskie/Martinez/Hickey/Voynov. One of them ought to get it done.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
It would probably take a package involving Johnson and Schenn as the main pieces. While I wouldn't be opposed to a move to bring in a player of the caliber of a Parise, you do have to consider the gaping hole that will be open on the blueline. And no, none of the prospects are ready to step in and play JJ's minutes.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:48 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It would probably take a package involving Johnson and Schenn as the main pieces. While I wouldn't be opposed to a move to bring in a player of the caliber of a Parise, you do have to consider the gaping hole that will be open on the blueline. And no, none of the prospects are ready to step in and play JJ's minutes.
AMEN!

Yes, Muzzin and Martinez have both looked good with the big club and shown some promise. But let's not kid ourselves into trading an established D-man based on a handful of games played by a prospect.

We have a glut of defensive prospects and draft picks to boot. Some combination of the two should get us what we need. I would love a superstar to fill that hole as much as the next Kings fan, but I don't think we can snag one right now without significantly impacting the current roster.

Old
12-07-2010, 01:06 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
People are sold on Jack Johnson?

Old
12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Yeah, those who know see that he's the second most important player on the blueline and see the potential and ceiling he is starting to tap into. Seems to be playing just fine now not being paired with Greene. There's a reason he's #2 in ice time among all Kings skaters. People who continue to bag on him and trash him of course don't realize just how good of a player Johnson can be. Guess they quickly forgot his performance during Doughty's absence.

Old
12-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
And no, none of the prospects are ready to step in and play JJ's minutes.

Sounds like JJ and "the prospects" have a lot in common!

Old
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post

I'm sold on Jack Johnson being the second coming of Mark Hardy circa 1987-88.

Old
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Jack is still young and is maturing as a person AND a professional hockey player. The kid WANTS to ****ing win. There's no reason to move him at all. How long did it take Duncan Keith to reach Norris candidacy??? Give him a break.

Old
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Be prepared to Johnson pulling a Frolov.
He will be the first of our young core and i will completely understand that.

BTW what has all this to do with rumors ????

Old
12-07-2010, 02:04 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i have NO idea what that even means.

Old
12-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Be prepared to Johnson pulling a Frolov.
He will be the first of our young core and i will completely understand that.

BTW what has all this to do with rumors ????
JJ's going to play lazy and disinterested and get called out by multiple coaches? He will then not be a priority to sign? Doesn't seem likely to me.

Old
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Jack is still young and is maturing as a person AND a professional hockey player. The kid WANTS to ****ing win. There's no reason to move him at all. How long did it take Duncan Keith to reach Norris candidacy??? Give him a break.
This is what I'm leaning towards. Still has some growing up and learning to do, and I think when he does he will be an excellent D-man.

Old
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Only 12 more shopping days left for Lombardi.

Old
12-07-2010, 02:57 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Only 12 more shopping days left for Lombardi.
Roster freeze is overrated.

Old
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
JJ's going to play lazy and disinterested and get called out by multiple coaches? He will then not be a priority to sign? Doesn't seem likely to me.
No, he's going to whine about his ice time and then proceed to do nothing about it on the ice in a Russian publication.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=850451
Quote:
Itís absolutely unacceptable to me that that I spend 7-8 minutes a game on the ice, especially on an energy line. Itís just not my game, which I told the coach candidly. But there are no personal problems between me and him. Iím not a quarrelsome person. Even in our recent conversation there was no swearing or raised voices. Nobody blamed anyone, we simply discussed the situation. The coach promised that soon everything will change, I just need to be a little patient and work harder in practice.

Old
12-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Tadite

I'm continuously amazed at anyone wanted JJ to not be on the team. Guys.... developing isn't the point of the LA Kings. The point is to win and winning comes from having people with talent + experience. It doesn't even matter if individual players don't live up to their early hype. Hype isn't the end all be all of a career.

We can't just develop players watch them turn into NHL players then trade them to start the process all over again. Eventually you have to win. JJ is the second best d-man on the team. We aren't going to find someone else with that level of talent on the market or by trade.

As to Frolov. I liked him and wish he was still on the team. If anything he is an example of how much teams are willing to deal with due to the necessity of talent. Frolov was a 40 goal scorer and a perennial 1st line forward who because of attitude became one of the best 3rd line wingers in the game. On bad days he could control the puck better then whole teams. That's also part of the game. Great teams aren't just filled with great players playing to their potential. Their filled with all sorts. Talent, hard work, experience, and not necessarily all of them in the same player.

Old
12-07-2010, 06:07 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
As much as i want this, i dont think we can afford to trade any of our core players.

Old
12-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Brophy

Fro does kinda have a point but if the conversation ends on a good note why leak all of that to the press. id be pissed if i were torts and knowing him id give you boogard min.

Old
12-07-2010, 06:57 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Yeah, those who know see that he's the second most important player on the blueline and see the potential and ceiling he is starting to tap into. Seems to be playing just fine now not being paired with Greene. There's a reason he's #2 in ice time among all Kings skaters. People who continue to bag on him and trash him of course don't realize just how good of a player Johnson can be. Guess they quickly forgot his performance during Doughty's absence.
VERY, VERY well said

Old
12-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
No, what i mean is as soon as he has a chance he will tell the Gm that he isn't going to resign and shows the dirty finger.
In this case i would completely understand that.
Same for Kopitar. The brass is asking for the world and here in hockey board some people are calling for benching him.............
But in reality the GM never gave him the tools to succeed............
If i would be Kopitar i wouldn't even show up anymore to the games as long as they can't present a solid LW

Old
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
I'm gonna have to disagree. I might say he's the fourth most important player behind Doughty, Scuderi, and Mitchell..

Closed Thread