HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Sens 4-1

Old
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithson876 View Post
Man oh man Eller is looking good. That pass he made on the Hamrlik goal was beautiful. He had four guys on him!
Don't say that to Baldy. He thinks the kid has no hockey sense.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I don't know about that one Pang, it didn't seem like he got your words twisted at all, it seemed rather staged, just sayin. Anyway the apology also sounded fake.
what do you want him to do, cut his palm, draw blood, wipe it all over duthie's face and cry for mommy?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Oh it was embarrasing, do you think the Sens locker room is jumping for joy saying "Oh we embarrased the Habs on that 5 minute major? I'm so glad we lost the game but at least we embarrassed them on the penalty kill?
The Sens have an average team with piss poor offence right now. If this was any other team in the league, save for a couple, the lack of any kind of production on the 5 min PP would have bit the Habs in the ass. No need to be a smart ass.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
what do you want him to do, cut his palm, draw blood, wipe it all over duthie's face and cry for mommy?
If you see that happen would you please post the video.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
RNiner

Subban does need to learn when to be fancy and when not to be. A couple of times I started to see where the opposition was able to predict his 'unpredictable' move, because he does it too often. Uncommon moves need to be kept uncommon to stay useful.

Just one of the things he will learn in time. Anyone saying we are better without him is just nuts. He was our best D for many games this year. Short-term-memory-syndrome FTL.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Wow.

my respect for you has reached 0. for the 5000th time, pk helped us win more games then he lost. and off the top of my head, he lost us 1. in overtime. with help from cammy.

We need Pk vs detroit wether you like it or not, we won vs a putrid team, detroit wont roll over like this and pk has learnt his lesson by now.
Weber showed us mediocrity tonight. Even then, I've said it before, Picard was signed as a 7th defenceman, he was NOT signed to play full time. He is also signed for one year, he is NOT there as a long term solution. Give the playing time to the kids who were drafted and developed by the Habs.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:14 PM
HomaridII

Martin just said Gomez is day to day.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Patccmoi

Great win! P.K. is considering buying season tickets...

Quote:
NOTE: Price needed to be a major factor in alot of our wins, but with PK out of the lineup, he didn't need to be a major factor.
I'm not at all against the fact that P.K. is sitting because I think it will be good for him in the long run and it's best to settle these things BEFORE they turn into major problems, although I find it pretty ridiculous how it's massively blown out of proportion every passing day in the media.

That being said, this quote sounds like a pretty bad causality attempt here. What about vs SJ? P.K. wasn't there and Price was first star?

Maybe he didn't need to be a major factor tonight because we were against the OTTAWA SENATORS? Their team is god damn aweful this year and has no life in them. They had a little bit of pep after their goal at the very end of the first period, but as a whole the Habs dominated the 1st and 3rd period. It's not because of Weber vs Subban that they did, it's because Ottawa plain sucked.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Wow.

my respect for you has reached 0. for the 5000th time, pk helped us win more games then he lost. and off the top of my head, he lost us 1. in overtime. with help from cammy.

We need Pk vs detroit wether you like it or not, we won vs a putrid team, detroit wont roll over like this and pk has learnt his lesson by now.
Pk will be back soon, he is too good not to be. People quickly forget how he filled markov's place in the playoffs like it was nothing. Anyone that carries the puck as Much as Pk is going to have some turnovers. He just has to play a bit smarter so the turnovers aren't costly.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
RNiner

And focusing on the positives:

Eller was fantastic again, really coming into his own. Showing a ton of confidence, and if Gomer is out for a few games I would love to see Heller get some Cammy time. Not that Halpern is bad at it, but its a great opportunity to give Eller a bigger role for a bit.

Pleks has found some more speed somewhere, just awesome to see. Out-muscling and out-speeding people are not skills he used to have.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Loved how Mcguire was saying he doubts Eller will ever be a top 6 forward and that the St. Louis Blues performed "larceny" getting a number one goalie for a non-roster player then right after Eller gets an assist and looked dominant the rest of the game.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Free Subban
he should be soon, i hear he's almost out of the the underground railroad. black history month taught me this.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Weber showed us mediocrity tonight. Even then, I've said it before, Picard was signed as a 7th defenceman, he was NOT signed to play full time. He is also signed for one year, he is NOT there as a long term solution. Give the playing time to the kids who were drafted and developed by the Habs.
I couldnt of said it any better if i quoted it. And i did. play Weber AND Subban, the solution is so freaking simple, all this love for picard is mindblowing, hes playing ok, but he was signed as the 7th dman....

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Loved how Mcguire was saying he doubts Eller will ever be a top 6 forward and that the St. Louis Blues performed "larceny" getting a number one goalie for a non-roster player then right after Eller gets an assist and looked dominant the rest of the game.
Mcguire is really stupid on what he thinks the value of Halak is. I hear him on the radio all the time ask why Montreal didn't wait and get the Blues to Offer Tj Oshie. Yea Pierre, im sure the blues were going to Cave and give up Oshie

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Don't say that to Baldy. He thinks the kid has no hockey sense.
Who is Baldy?

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I don't know about that one Pang, it didn't seem like he got your words twisted at all, it seemed rather staged, just sayin. Anyway the apology also sounded fake.
This is just an example how the media can try to and sometimes are succesful at ruinning players, some guys can do know wrong. Guys like Ovechkin, Richards, Kane are all super cocky, disrespectful on the ice, I can't even count how many times Ovy has slewfooted the opposition and gotten away with it, or left the ice with his skates to throw a hit, We all know Richards and the blind side hits, Kane's off ice shinanigans, but everyone has to zero in on PK about what? Haven't heard or seen one example yet of PK being disrespectful or arrogant, mind blowing garbage.

Shutup with that garbage.

Pang's mouth sometimes goes too fast for his brain. I've heard him stumble over words a bunch of times while watching Blue's games. It was an honest mistake, and he apologized. Don't make something out of nothing.

IRON JELLY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithson876 View Post
Who is Baldy?
Pee-air McGuire.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Yeah, didn't think this was one of Mcguire's more intelligent moments. Eller is already a top 9 forward, making strides to being a solid top 6, and we're only 28 games into his rookie year. I'd bet alot of money Eller becomes a real solid top 6 guy, and I'd even give Mcguire odds too.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Great 3rd period!

Starting to miss Subby, I hope he's in next game!

lawl not.

I luh him tho'. I Luuuh you Subby!

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
Yeah, didn't think this was one of Mcguire's more intelligent moments. Eller is already a top 9 forward, making strides to being a solid top 6, and we're only 28 games into his rookie year. I'd bet alot of money Eller becomes a real solid top 6 guy, and I'd even give Mcguire odds too.
All I remember is Pierre Gauthier saying that Eller will probably be a top-6 in 2 years from now. They have a plan to bring him properly. Baldy just wishes he had the job in Montreal. He's probably pissed to work games at the Bell Centre.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
m00ks

We win 3 in a row and PK is still the headline? For realz?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
And focusing on the positives:

Eller was fantastic again, really coming into his own. Showing a ton of confidence, and if Gomer is out for a few games I would love to see Heller get some Cammy time. Not that Halpern is bad at it, but its a great opportunity to give Eller a bigger role for a bit.

Pleks has found some more speed somewhere, just awesome to see. Out-muscling and out-speeding people are not skills he used to have.
Honestly, it didn't look like Montreal missed Gomez at all in the third period. Now obviously as overpaid as he is, Gomez is still a good player and he is a loss to the team, but I can't help think that with Eller getting comfortable and Halpern playing better than he has in years means that this team is still in good shape. I am curious to see who gets called up though and if they'll get any ice-time.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Pee-air McGuire.
Oh hahaha. True. The fact that he thinks that is a good thing because he is obviously an idiot.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Subban needs to play the next game. That 5 min PP was embarrassing. Great win though.
Who cares, we won 4-1 and PK has 4 PP pts. He has been far from impressive on our PP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Umm I hope they continue to "struggle" if we continue to win like this. People are just pissed because PK isn't in there. This is exactly what Martin wants to show PK. It's not all about PK and the team can still win without him.
Seriously. Picard and Weber have been stellar. Our past three games have been close to defensive clinics, this without PK.
I can believe people are still talking about PK when we're playing that well..

Quote:
You make it seem like he doesn't pass the puck. He's a team player, he just made mistakes. I think after 3 games he understands. Put him back in the lineup, he's clearly better than both Picard and Weber. Do you think they lose any of the last 3 games because of Subban? No, they don't.
He made two crucial mistakes versus the Oiliers. Who's to say we wouldn't have won without those??..So how can you say he wouldn't have committed any costly mistakes?..It's happen before and very recently.

And the whole message being sent to PK is that it isn't about being better. It's about the TEAM being better. Kovalchuk is arguably one of the best forwards in the NHL, yet Atlanta moved him and he's not really helping NJ either. He needs to learn how to be a better team player, that's what I gathered from all the interviews and comments made by the coach/players. Something you don't even seem to understand.

Don't forget PK was also scratched last year by Boucher, for similar reasons, but nobody brings that up.

I don't understand the insistence on bringing PK back. We're playing quite well and riding a 3game winning streak. If we win 10 straight without Subban, then so be it. You think PK's skills will disappear into the sky??..The longer we win and he waits, the better. PK won't want to be taken out of the line up for another two weeks, that's for sure.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:27 PM
clarke19

Quote:
Where did I ever say PK didn't learn his lesson yet? Where did I ever say PK made us lose more games than he won us? I have never bashed PK, he's been my 3rd favourite player behind Price and Cammy.

But you know what, I said for the team to play Halak last year during the regular season more than my favourite Price cuz he was winning us games. I am Montreal Canadiens fan, I'm not a player fan. I cheer for the team.

If we can bench Subban for 9000 games and win the cup, I am all for it. I care about the team. Last year, playing Halak over Price meant we won games. I stand by that decision.

I never once complained when we traded Halak cuz I KNEW Price's ceiling was higher. I knew Price was the better goalie. But Halak helped us win more last year.

You know what, benching Subban was the most important thing for his development. I guarantee you, he will tell you that himself. Subban will look at his play in the first 10 games of this year and he will say it was a good thing Martin benched him..

Seriously, try to prove me wrong.
You pretty much bashed PK when you said "With pk out of the lineup, Price didn't have to be a big factor"

I'm all for keeping him out until the current core shows weakness. If you watched the game tonight and saw the PP's we had, you would see our weakness, and Subban can help there more then someone like Picard can.

I also don't doubt that his benching won't help Subban, he's very humble and likes to overcome adversity, this will make him a better hockey player, but the negativity and hate you showed toward him in your first post was completely out of line.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote