HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs beat Sens 4-1

Old
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

vCash: 500
Awesome game! But the powerplay was awful. I can't white until P.K. is black!

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post

I also don't doubt that his benching won't help Subban, he's very humble and likes to overcome adversity, this will make him a better hockey player, but the negativity and hate you showed toward him in your first post was completely out of line.
Go back and read the Pk threads to get my opinion of him. Pk is one of my favourite players, 2 years ago, I said I wouldn't trade PK for Iginlia straight up and I still wouldn't.

I have had a carey price avatar for over 2 years but I promote something else, just like now I am promoting something else over PK even though I really know PK's true value.

sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:31 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Oh man I remember that.

Macavoy is annoying with his "prove me wrong" thing. It gets old because even if you did, he won't budge on his position.
YES

you remember me

except its because I'm not wrong.

Honestly, tell me how have I been wrong about PK... search my posts, I said before he made the NHL that he was untradable cuz he was that good.

My entire point is that he is a better player cuz he got benched and learned from it.

Old
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Go back and read the Pk threads to get my opinion of him. Pk is one of my favourite players, 2 years ago, I said I wouldn't trade PK for Iginlia straight up and I still wouldn't.

I have had a carey price avatar for over 2 years but I promote something else, just like now I am promoting something else over PK even though I really know PK's true value.

but back on topic, are you ever going to change your avatar?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mtl_felix

I am never wrong!
My statements are FACTS, just ask anyone who agrees with me!
I'm ready to put my reputation on the line!
Prove me wrong!

You know what, it's getting annoying. We just won 4-1 with lots of positive things to discuss. Why is Subban still the headline?

---

I liked Eller tonight, solid as always.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
deandebean

Ok, so we beat the Hens pretty handily, and posters here are debating about nothing, really? Come on, guys. Let's have a group hug.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
clarke19

Quote:

Why do I have to do a freakin' background check on you? You made sarcastic comments about the Subby-do and you posted that since PK wasn't in the lineup Price didn't have to be a factor.

Not because we played the offensive blackhole that is the Ottawa Senators, it's the lack of Subban which brings this team to the next level and takes the heat off Price.

What you post in the past does not make what you post in the present any more acceptable.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
here are my highlights of the game

So i heard it right. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Wow.

my respect for you has reached 0. for the 5000th time, pk helped us win more games then he lost. and off the top of my head, he lost us 1. in overtime. with help from cammy.

We need Pk vs detroit wether you like it or not, we won vs a putrid team, detroit wont roll over like this and pk has learnt his lesson by now.
What's kinda funny is that PK has 9 registered giveaways in 25 games averaging close to 21 min/game. How's that compared to our other D?

Subban: 9 GVA , 12 TKA, 25 Gms, 20:48 TOI/Gms

Gorges: 21 GVA, 5 TKA, 28 Gms, 21:31 TOI/Gms
Spacek: 19 GVA, 17 TKA, 28 Gms, 20:00 TOI/Gms
Gill: 17 GVA, 9 TKA, 28 Gms, 19:23 TOI/Gms
Hamrlik: 14 GVA, 3 TKA, 26 Gms, 21:23 TOI/Gms
Picard: 8 GVA, 4 TKA, 20 Gms, 15:57 TOI/Gms
Weber: 1 GVA, 1 TKA, 5 Gms, 14:30 TOI/Gms

It's actually not that bad.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Andy

To actually speak about the game.

I thought Weber's defensive game in terms of position was good tonite, however, his decision making when passing needs a little work. Made a couple if cringy plays. I like what I'm seeing so far and I hope can adjust and make quicker decisions. Still has time.

Eller is a monster, that is all. I posted about 3 weeks ago how there was a clear positive trend in his development and that it wouldn't be long before he started putting up points. He seems to have found his game and it's not even fully developed.

Cammalleri played amazing. He played at the level he played at last year. Completely 180 degrees fromn he has been playing for a good month now.

Can people like nitanny finally realize how important Hamrlik is? The amount of bashing Hamrlik got and still gets is ridiculous (yes, people crapped on him allllllllllll summer long). Hamrlik is a rock and is probably the most important Pillar on the defense after Markov. Hamrlik goes out and we're screwed, no joke.

Gionta proving that he was worth the contract we gave him. Don't want to start another UFA value for wingers with his production, but he's been absolutley outstanding.

Last edited by Andy: 12-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
seriously I will pay you money if you can find more posts where I have been wrong compared to you.

I honestly demand an apology about being one of the worst posters here because you can't prove it. seriously try to prove anything I have said as wrong.

ask nidema, ask kriss e, ask natey K, ask any of the mods, I am not wrong when I make statements.

cmon, challenge me, put your reputation on the line.

I'm not afraid to risk my reputation.
Your obviously not one of the worst posters here, but your being way to hard on Subban. He helped as win more than he's contributed to a loss. The Oiler game was bad, and the climax of a trend of worsening and more selfish play (such as overshooting the puck, especially on the PP). But that being said, we obviously missed him on the PP last night, especially his ability to draw defenders out and rush the puck. and Price was the biggest reason Montreal beat San Jose, as I recall he had to be spectacular several times. It is the perfect time for Subban to come back in, because he's seen that the team can win without him. He's also seen a ream that plays for each other, something PK stopped doing before he was benched. Finally, he sees where he can help the team (which is on the PP). PK fell trap to rookie mistakes that pretty much ever rookie makes. It happened with Eller earlier in the year. Heck, even Stamkos was benched in his rookie year. PK will be fine, he just has to remember what made him so effective at the beginning of the year.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What's kinda funny is that PK has 9 registered giveaways in 25 games averaging close to 21 min/game. How's that compared to our other D?

It's actually not bad.
Thats actually very good given how much Pk handles the puck. In the NBA Steve Nash was seen as the best passing point guard yet he led his teams in give aways by a large number. It just comes with the amount of time you have the puck.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
but back on topic, are you ever going to change your avatar?
When he retires I will, until then I'll remain a loyal fan.

Old
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

It's actually not bad.
If you like to play with stats that much, find PK stats for the first 12 games and the last 13.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
m00ks

Quote:

I thought Weber's defensive game in terms of position was good tonite, however, his decision making when passing needs a little work. Made a couple if cringy plays. I like what I'm seeing so far and I hope can adjust and make quicker decisions. Still has time.

Eller is a monster, that is all. I posted about 3 weeks ago how there was a clear positive trend in his development and that it wouldn't be long before he started putting up points. He seems to have found his game and it's not even fully developed.

Cammalleri played amazing. He played at the level he played at last year. Completely 360 degrees fromn he has been playing for a good month now.

Can people like nitanny finally realize how important Hamrlik is? The amount of bashing Hamrlik got and still gets is ridiculous (yes, people crapped on him allllllllllll summer long). Hamrlik is a rock and is probably the most important Pillar on the defense after Markov. Hamrlik goes out and we're screwed, no joke.

Gionta proving that he was worth the contract we gave him. Don't want to start another UFA value for wingers with his production, but he's been absolutley outstanding.
So he's right back where he started?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
When he retires I will, until then I'll remain a loyal fan.
but there are so many nicer Carey Price pics... he looks very mucousy in that pic

Old
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Okay why the hell is this thread turning in an OT ***** fest. Please stop. You've been warned so don't complain if you get booted from this thread.

Old
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
RNiner

Quote:

Cammalleri played amazing. He played at the level he played at last year. Completely 360 degrees fromn he has been playing for a good month now.

One other thing on Hamrlik, we know exactly how he fits in on this team's sytem, in the room, as a mentor to the younger guys, etc. Even if we could in theory have a 'better' UFA D-man this summer, there's no garanteeing he'd be as good for the team as Hamrlik is now. Obviously this summer is far away, but as it stands now I sure hope we bring him back. I doubt at his age that he's expecting a similar salary.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
You should protest outside the Bell Center against people using your copyright.
it's been awhile since someone brought that up.... well played

Old
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
One other thing on Hamrlik, we know exactly how he fits in on this team's sytem, in the room, as a mentor to the younger guys, etc. Even if we could in theory have a 'better' UFA D-man this summer, there's no garanteeing he'd be as good for the team as Hamrlik is now. Obviously this summer is far away, but as it stands now I sure hope we bring him back. I doubt at his age that he's expecting a similar salary.
I totally agree. When I think about the time beyond this year, everytime I don't include Hamrlik in the lineup, I find there is a big hole that needs to be filled.

Hamrlik is a defensive rock. Everyone who enters the zone on his side either gets directed towards the perimeter or behind the goal line. He forces the other team to make low quality shots. I still can't believe the hate he gets. He might have trouble playing in all three zones on the same shift because of his speed, but man he is easily the most reliable d-man on our team. He's a top 3 d-man on our team, easily a top 4 around the league. He just eats up minutes against other team's top lines night in and night out.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Mister Potato

good 1st and 3rd. Looking forward for Friday vs Detroit and it should be a good test for our team.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Any word on Gomez?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
If you like to play with stats that much, find PK stats for the first 12 games and the last 13.
Are you suggesting a rookie defenseman has been inconsistent in his play over the season? Thankfully for PK, this is something very common. To answer your request, I rather not spend time going game by game adding stats. What I posted was straight from NHL.com/stats.

Old
12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
All I remember is Pierre Gauthier saying that Eller will probably be a top-6 in 2 years from now. They have a plan to bring him properly. Baldy just wishes he had the job in Montreal. He's probably pissed to work games at the Bell Centre.
McGuire has said this on two separate occasions now about the Halak trade for Eller. The fact is that even though Halak had a great run and is a #1 goalie the market wasn't there for the Habs as there were a lot of UFA goalies and other goalies available in trade. If Montreal couldn't have worked out a trade for Eller, the Blues probably would have signed Mason again, so they had leverage.

And it should be known that Pierre Gauthier asked for Eller, so the scouting department did it right. Sure Perron and Oshie are players all the critics are saying PG should have got, but look at their injury woes with those two in St. Louis. PG and Co. had a long term plan with the two they got from St. Louis for Halak.

McGuire should stick to the colour commentary and quite trying to look like and act like a NHL GM.

Eller with a little more weight in years to come with his skill set looks like a very good top 2 centre.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Mr Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Any word on Gomez?
Lower back. possibly day to day

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote