HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks Part 3 (All NBA discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

vCash: 500
Great win. We need to win the next 3, because we start to have a really tough schedule for about a month.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Longest road streak since 1994-1995 with the Rat on the bench. Team seems to found its stride a bit and that is without getting consistent contributions from Gallinari and Douglas. Would like to see us gain another game over .500 and be 14-10 before the Denver game. The second half of December and January are extremely difficult. Gallo and Douglas will need to step it up, Turiaf needs to get healthy and hopefully Azubuike and/or Randolph will round out the rotation during that time.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I have to say that Felton's been impressing me more and more on the court - and I really like his leadership. But I'm still a bit concerned with his difficulties with the pick and roll. The Knicks are great when they're playing up tempo to take the lead, but they still struggle in a half court game, especially when trying to milk a lead.

Still, they were better today. I like this team and I am cautiously optimistic that they are better than I thought they'd be. Looking forward to the tough stretch that's coming up...

Old
12-05-2010, 05:09 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I have to say that Felton's been impressing me more and more on the court - and I really like his leadership. But I'm still a bit concerned with his difficulties with the pick and roll. The Knicks are great when they're playing up tempo to take the lead, but they still struggle in a half court game, especially when trying to milk a lead.

Still, they were better today. I like this team and I am cautiously optimistic that they are better than I thought they'd be. Looking forward to the tough stretch that's coming up...
He has gotten better at the pick and roll. Work in progress. That is obviously the focal point of the Knicks' half-court offense but the whole team has improved and needs to continue to. Shot selection remains a work in progress.

Old
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I am really happy about how the Knicks are playing. Not only are they winning on the road but they are also winning the games they are supposed to. I am looking forward to watching them against some of the good teams.

Old
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
nyrleetch

Loving the way Amare is playing.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

9-1 in the last 10. Add Melo to this team and we're a championship contender.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
That's the key point. Trading guys like Chandler, Gallo or Landry for 'Melo and it's not a complete team. One would hope these guys are smart enough to be paying attention to Miami's struggles and that all the talent in the world cannot overcome a flawed make-up. 'Melo wants to be here, and let's hope it happens next off-season.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
That's the key point. Trading guys like Chandler, Gallo or Landry for 'Melo and it's not a complete team. One would hope these guys are smart enough to be paying attention to Miami's struggles and that all the talent in the world cannot overcome a flawed make-up. 'Melo wants to be here, and let's hope it happens next off-season.
Exactly. Donnie needs to just let the year ride out with what we have and grab him in free agency. That's the reason the Celtics are so successful. They have the big 3, but then they have guys who complement the big 3 like Rondo, Nate, and now Shaq. The Heat don't have that though they have been getting hot as of late; I still don't think they make it far in the playoffs.

Old
12-05-2010, 08:33 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Not quite. They need a big. Add a big and Carmelo then yeah championship contender.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Not quite. They need a big. Add a big and Carmelo then yeah championship contender.
I think Ronny Turiaf can be that big. He is very solid defensively, can grab boards, can pass, and is smart. Mozgov is a big work in project, we'll see what happens with him.

If we get melo what would our 5 be.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf
-------
Gallinari
Chandler
Douglas

Old
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
He has gotten better at the pick and roll. Work in progress. That is obviously the focal point of the Knicks' half-court offense but the whole team has improved and needs to continue to. Shot selection remains a work in progress.
Yup - agreed. I thought he was a lost cause at the PnR, but he's become... passable. Add that to the truly great work he does on the break, his above average shot and ability to drive the lane and he's a better PG than I gave him credit for being. He needs to keep improving at the half court game - but I have to admit that he's slowly, but surely reversing my initial opinion.

(I also really liked the leadership he showed this afternoon, pulling Amar'e away from a potential 2nd tech.)

Old
12-05-2010, 09:46 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I see Turiaf as a backup ideally. I don't think he can guard some of the better bigs in the East. Plus he's a bit undersized. He's more of a off the bench energy guy that can give you 15-20 minutes.
He's fine for now, but in the future when the time comes for the Knicks to start competing against the Orlando's, Boston, Heat, Lakers etc... they going to need someone better.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:53 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I see Turiaf as a backup ideally. I don't think he can guard some of the better bigs in the East. Plus he's a bit undersized. He's more of a off the bench energy guy that can give you 15-20 minutes.
He's fine for now, but in the future when the time comes for the Knicks to start competing against the Orlando's, Boston, Heat, Lakers etc... they going to need someone better.
Absolutely. He does yeoman's work like Kurt Thomas used to for the Knicks. Unlike Thomas, Turiaf has no mid-range game though. Not sure what big's will become available. I like the direction the Knicks are headed and it has been a long, long time since I could say that.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Stoudemire with another 30 point game! Minnesota couldn't miss in the 1st and Knicks outplayed them in the 3rd and down the stretch in the 4th. Good bench contribution from Williams again. Time will tell if that will be consistent or not.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

god damn Amar'e and the Knicks are on fire. 10-1 since Nov. 17th. I'm pretty upset I'm unable to watch them when I'm away at school.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
17futurecap

Keep adding on those wins Knicks, love it. Schedule becomes really tough in a few games so I am loving these wins right now. Still can't believe they started 3-8, and didn't collapse.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Keep adding on those wins Knicks, love it. Schedule becomes really tough in a few games so I am loving these wins right now. Still can't believe they started 3-8, and didn't collapse.
So true. According to the beat writers a lot of credit for the turnaround goes to Felton and especially Amar'e - not just their play, but their leadership in particular. I'm SO enjoying watching this team play. I actually no longer expect them to disappoint me!

Old
12-07-2010, 05:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

It's nice to be able to actually watch and enjoy Knicks basketball again. Very simply, Stat is the best player the Knicks have had since Ewing. He's that dominant offensively. And, both Stat and Felton bring a mental toughness that has been missing since LJ was here. What was most enjoyable about last night was that the Knicks turned the game around by playing lock-down D in the 3rd. The T-Wolves had been shooting lights out, but, the Knicks actually shut them down cold for about 5 minutes or so, and that was where the game was one. It's nice to have a legit go-to guy in crunch time, and Felton is really starting to make this offense go. Plus, the establishment of Stat and Felton as the 1-2 punch allows both Gallinari and Chandler to slide in comfortably as the 3rd option, depending upon who's on that night. And, Fields is just the glue...important rebounds, keeping plays alive offensively, or making the right pass...for a pick that was slammed by all the experts, Fields is playing like a 1st round pick.

Old
12-07-2010, 07:00 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Needs more Turiaf

Old
12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
terrrrrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Needs more Turiaf
I'll take a second helping of that stuffing he served last night, oh man.

Feels great to be a Knicks fan right now. Always hesitant to get excited about them, but it looks like this is for real. Amar'e is hot and he's bringing everyone with him. Really liking Felton and what he's doing with Amar'e, and Fields is looking like the steal of the draft right now. Real happy that Gallinari is starting to play and contribute again. Still laughing at the look on D'Antoni's face before he went to shoot that last 3.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
ecemleafs

it would be nice if we can sign Melo in the summer and not have to trade for him. If we can sign Melo, we could use other assests to get a 3rd big name.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
it would be nice if we can sign Melo in the summer and not have to trade for him. If we can sign Melo, we could use other assests to get a 3rd big name.
that 3rd big name = CP3

Old
12-08-2010, 07:47 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
If they get Melo and a defensive big, I don't think they need Paul. Felton has played really well in D'Antoni's system. IF he can continue to be this type of player in here then there is no need for Paul. Sure Paul is better but there is a lot of concern about his injuries/knee. Plus he's going to cost much more money.

I wish they could get Marc Gasol AND Carmelo. Both are FA but they both won't be able to fit both under the cap.

Gasol
Stoudemire
Anthony
Fields
Felton

Top 4 team in the East.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:02 PM
17futurecap

Felton and Amare, YES!!!!

Closed Thread