HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill IX

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
LombardiTool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
No, what i mean is as soon as he has a chance he will tell the Gm that he isn't going to resign and shows the dirty finger.
In this case i would completely understand that.
Same for Kopitar. The brass is asking for the world and here in hockey board some people are calling for benching him.............
But in reality the GM never gave him the tools to succeed............
If i would be Kopitar i wouldn't even show up anymore to the games as long as they can't present a solid LW
This is how 4 year olds and football players act. Not mature adults.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
This is how 4 year olds and football players act. Not mature adults.
Makes sense that Kurrilino would do that.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree. I might say he's the fourth most important player behind Doughty, Scuderi, and Mitchell..
think to when we're competing for a cup...

Old
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
think to when we're competing for a cup...
I would say players like Mitchell/Scuderi are certainly more important than Jack Johnson in the playoffs..

Old
12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I would say players like Mitchell/Scuderi are certainly more important than Jack Johnson in the playoffs..
you're still thinking this season...

Old
12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
you're still thinking this season...
Yeah, and who is going to move the puck with a team full of defensive defenseman?

Old
12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Yeah, and who is going to move the puck with a team full of defensive defenseman?
TM says Peter Harrold

Old
12-07-2010, 11:14 PM
lancer247

What would you give up for Nic Zherdev?

He was in Laviolette's dog house early on because he complained about ice time but has since been working his tail off. He typically starts off games on the 4th line mainly because of the Flyer's depth at forward but is usually playing on a top line with either Richards or Giroux as the game moves on.

I thnik he has nine (9) goals which is really good since he does not get much if any PP time.

I don't know that the Flyers are even looking to move him but with Carcillo coming back any day it's going to be tough to keep guys happy being a healthy scratch. It's amazing Lavi has kept Zherdev motivated playing 4th line and no PP TIME.

At $2MM he could be a good 1st or 2nd line winger on most teams.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
What would you give up for Nic Zherdev?

He was in Laviolette's dog house early on because he complained about ice time but has since been working his tail off. He typically starts off games on the 4th line mainly because of the Flyer's depth at forward but is usually playing on a top line with either Richards or Giroux as the game moves on.

I thnik he has nine (9) goals which is really good since he does not get much if any PP time.

I don't know that the Flyers are even looking to move him but with Carcillo coming back any day it's going to be tough to keep guys happy being a healthy scratch. It's amazing Lavi has kept Zherdev motivated playing 4th line and no PP TIME.

At $2MM he could be a good 1st or 2nd line winger on most teams.
He'd end up in Murray's doghouse just as fast.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Still want Sturm..he should be about a week to 2 weeks from returning now?

Things are looking good with Poni back Thursday and Mitchell back Saturday or early next week!

Old
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
No problem, just look at the New Jersey Devils...oh wait....

Old
12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
Still want Sturm..he should be about a week to 2 weeks from returning now?

Things are looking good with Poni back Thursday and Mitchell back Saturday or early next week!
Marco Sturm has been cleared for contact

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...t_for_defense/

Not sure why the deal hasn't gone down yet, if it's going to happen at all.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:35 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
Marco Sturm has been cleared for contact

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...t_for_defense/

Not sure why the deal hasn't gone down yet, if it's going to happen at all.
Cleared for contact practice and being healthy enough for a game/in game shape are totally different.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Cleared for contact practice and being healthy enough for a game and in game shape or totally different.
Maybe but close enough you would think for DL to take the risk.....especially with Poni and Mitchell back. If this happens it's got to be within a week or so.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Cleared for contact practice and being healthy enough for a game and in game shape or totally different.
True, but I also wouldn't expect the Kings to wait til he's in game shape. Surely they'd want him to practice with the team for a little bit to get a feel for the team, players and system.

If he's ready for full contact practice, I'd expect to see the deal happen in the next day or two. If it doesn't, I don't expect to see him on the Kings.

OR, maybe Boston gives him a conditioning assignment in the AHL (if they even can -not sure on CBA/contract rules here) before a trade goes through.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:42 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
True, but I also wouldn't expect the Kings to wait til he's in game shape. Surely they'd want him to practice with the team for a little bit to get a feel for the team, players and system.

If he's ready for full contact practice, I'd expect to see the deal happen in the next day or two. If it doesn't, I don't expect to see him on the Kings.

OR, maybe Boston gives him a conditioning assignment in the AHL (if they even can -not sure on CBA/contract rules here) before a trade goes through.
Agree with your post 100%. If it happens it would happen before the week is out.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://www.csnne.com/12/08/10/Sturm-...13&feedID=3352
Quote:
Hockey sources have indicated to CSNNE.com that the trade with LA will still be on the table once Sturm is ready to play, but it appears that it might not be done before the December holiday freeze that begins on Dec. 19.

Old
12-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

TFP tweet:

Ok here does. Remember, it's NOT happening (it's BS): LA gets Vanek, Hagman; BUF gets Simmonds, Regehr; CGY gets Hickey, Connolly, 1st

Old
12-10-2010, 12:01 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
TFP tweet:

Ok here does. Remember, it's NOT happening (it's BS): LA gets Vanek, Hagman; BUF gets Simmonds, Regehr; CGY gets Hickey, Connolly, 1st
I dont understand the first part of that tweet. If it's not happening why tweet about it?

So can I tweet this?
"Remember, it's not happening (it's BS): LA gets Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin; Washington gets Harrold, Drewiskie."

Wow that was fun!

Old
12-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

He tweeted that he got a lot of emails about the rumored trade and said it was BS. Then he was bombarded with requests for the rumor details.

Just thought I would post it. Doesn't make sense for Calgary or Buffalo.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:00 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
He tweeted that he got a lot of emails about the rumored trade and said it was BS. Then he was bombarded with requests for the rumor details.

Just thought I would post it. Doesn't make sense for Calgary or Buffalo.
Doesn't make sense for us to take on Vanek's redonkulous contract either. Now Hagman's a different story.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:19 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Doesn't make sense for us to take on Vanek's redonkulous contract either. Now Hagman's a different story.
Vanek is an elite goal scorer and he's 25. Looking at some of the contracts players have I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:01 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Vanek is an elite goal scorer and he's 25. Looking at some of the contracts players have I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be.
Vanek is prone to the disappearance act through long stretches. Sure, when he's on, he's on. But you want someone consistent for that money. The only reason he even got so much was because of Lowe's crazy offer sheet and Buffalo having to match. Not saying he wouldn't be a boost because he definitely would. But that contract is not worth it. Surely not the type of addition DL would even consider.

Old
12-10-2010, 03:55 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Vanek is prone to the disappearance act through long stretches. Sure, when he's on, he's on. But you want someone consistent for that money. The only reason he even got so much was because of Lowe's crazy offer sheet and Buffalo having to match. Not saying he wouldn't be a boost because he definitely would. But that contract is not worth it. Surely not the type of addition DL would even consider.
He's still averaged 35 goals over 5 seasons. Consistency is often a team thing, when the team is struggling people look at the production of the teams top player. We're a perfect example of that, over our losing streak everyone here was asking where Kopitar was...now he has 3 straight game winners. One of Bob and Jim's favorite stats is our record in games in which Kopitar scores a goal. Looking at Buffalo, they're 7-2-1 in games in which Vanek has scored this season (compared to 5-11-3 when he doesn't score). Essentially, you shut down Vanek and you have a much higher chance of beating Buffalo.

Slightly overpaid, yes, but he's the perfect compliment to Kopitar as a 26 year old LW who can rack up the goals. Adding him would give us excellent primary scoring from a Vanek-Kopitar-Brown line as well as secondary scoring from Smyth-Stoll-Williams. It would be easily one of the best, most balanced top 6s in the league. Well worth the 7.1 mil cap hit.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Vanek is also a big boy who isn't afraid to plant himself in and near the crease. Its unfortunate that trade isn't hapenning because I make that deal every damn day.

Closed Thread