HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Off-Topic Thread #3: Modern Day William Randolph Hearst!

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2010, 11:01 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Does the name Samir Nasri mean anything to anyone here?
isn't that...some soccer guy? Confirmed. from france.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Stat line from my rec league game last night:

2g 1a 3pts 0pim +3 15 shots

That's 15 shots on goal...probably had another 5 blocked shots and missed the net a few times. A couple lucky bounces and might have had 5 goals (one timer open net, goalie made a great save...one timer open net, pass was into my skates...and two loose pucks with the goalie nowhere near the net the defense tied up my stick).

We ended up winning 9-1 and outshooting them 57-6. In theory, we could have not used a goalie and still won

Old
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Anyone know anything bout comcast being down in st paul? Tv works home net works but no internet. Can't get thru on phone
That sucks. I had no wireless this morning so I feel the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

That's 15 shots on goal...probably had another 5 blocked shots and missed the net a few times. A couple lucky bounces and might have had 5 goals (one timer open net, goalie made a great save...one timer open net, pass was into my skates...and two loose pucks with the goalie nowhere near the net the defense tied up my stick).

We ended up winning 9-1 and outshooting them 57-6. In theory, we could have not used a goalie and still won
Damn, that's awesome.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Does the name Samir Nasri mean anything to anyone here?

Old
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:

Here's my stat line from my last rec game: 0:18 TOI - Left game at 19:42 and did not return. Haha.

Right off the rush after the opening faceoff I got an across the crease pass, went for a one-timer, got NAILED by some drunk goober from behind who didn't know any rules, dumped me on my head/shoulder and tore my rotator cuff (EDIT: and got concussion #3). If I had enough strength I would've given him a two hander to the nuts. My Army buddy had my back, luckily.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
No Michael Bolton love?

Old
12-07-2010, 10:57 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

shouldn't be so fun but i once i start it up i can't stop

http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

Old
12-07-2010, 11:34 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:

There's a secret at 100meters. Have fun with it ;-)

Old
12-07-2010, 11:38 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneWildSota View Post
There's a secret at 100meters. Have fun with it ;-)
i can't get past 25 meters and that was an anomaly...usually i'm getting between 3 and 10

Old
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I just spent an hour playing Braid and now this?

Old
12-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:

This requires more effort and probably burns more calories than the actual act of running. GG life.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Here's a question for Droid users...

Is there any way to get the contacts to NOT include every Facebook and Twitter person I know? Incredibly frustrating.

I've got to say that aside from the bigger screen and SWYPE, the iPhone was a hell of a lot better phone than this Droid. I've been spending way too long trying to get the thing functional and it seems like I'm going to have to live with the crap sound quality until the iPhone comes out for Verizon (if I can afford to upgrade)...

Hell, on my way to work, the MP3 player just crashed and made my phone unusable. Seriously...

Old
12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Here's a question for Droid users...

Is there any way to get the contacts to NOT include every Facebook and Twitter person I know? Incredibly frustrating.

I've got to say that aside from the bigger screen and SWYPE, the iPhone was a hell of a lot better phone than this Droid. I've been spending way too long trying to get the thing functional and it seems like I'm going to have to live with the crap sound quality until the iPhone comes out for Verizon (if I can afford to upgrade)...

Hell, on my way to work, the MP3 player just crashed and made my phone unusable. Seriously...
man, my original droid has been bulletproof. aside from me dumping an entire latte on it and gunking up the speaker, I mean. Before that it I thought it sounded better than an iPhone. which one do you have? I'm about due for an upgrade and I'll take your problems into consideration when choosing.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Droid X. So far I've had to replace the home screen (Launcher Pro), tried two different syncing programs for my Mac (neither are working 100%), I'm now trying a replacement for the actual phone/contact list (!!!), going to have to replace the MP3 player, and I'm not thrilled with the forced navigation feature.

By sound quality I mean the sound coming out of the headphone output. It sounds like it hypes up the bass, sucks out the midrange, boosts the treble a bit, and then cuts off all the high frequencies above a certain amount. I'm sure that would make earbuds sound great, but I didn't spend $1k+ on my car system to listen to what somebody thinks I should use as an EQ that I can't shut off. And it also seems like it's burying quieter sounds as I can't hear things pop out of the music like the iPhone did.

Another annoying thing I've got to figure out is how to make the phone differentiate the volume levels between headphones and the speaker. Really simple feature that I guess I took for granted on the iPhone. I could plug in headphones and it would set the headphone volume to 100% (for line out in the car), but unplugging the headphones the regular volume was pretty low.

It's a lot like a PC...the stuff it comes with is so broken you have to fix it right out of the box. Really missing the iPhone which was simple and everything worked 100%.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh and to balance out my whining, Always Sunny has been awesome the last couple episodes. "Trees? Everywhere, trees?"

Old
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Oh and to balance out my whining, Always Sunny has been awesome the last couple episodes. "Trees? Everywhere, trees?"
Haha, yeah I liked how they had to duct tape Charlie's hands together and stuff him in the trunk because he was afraid to leave the city. It's been good this season.

Speaking of great shows on FX, is anybody mad about Terriers getting cancelled? It was a very good show with very good critic reviews but they couldn't draw in enough ratings to get a second season. Injustice!

Old
12-08-2010, 11:32 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

You'll like Launcher Pro's capabilities. I don't know many who don't use it. Most want near-full customization powers which is why they get home replacements.

As far as the audio, Android does lack in this area. I don't use it as a MP3 much so I'm not even all that certain about what apps you could download to remedy it. Have you tried PowerAmp?

If you need help with any other apps suggestions or anything, feel free to post. If you want the paid PowerAmp version or any other paid apps, I know of a place where you can get them for free if you already don't. (Same with the paid Launcher Pro.)

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
12-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've tried PowerAmp and Double Twist in addition to the stock MP3 unit...still hearing weird EQ. I'm hoping tonight to run the output into my Mac and analyze the difference in frequency response compared to the iPhone and source file to see if it's just in my head or if it's real.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
It's a lot like a PC...the stuff it comes with is so broken you have to fix it right out of the box. Really missing the iPhone which was simple and everything worked 100%
I'm a PC hardware geek. I have a plexiglass cube case. I love messing with over clocking, IRQ tumbling, et. al. Spending four hours tweaking a driver to get it to do exactly what I want with the most efficiency is fun for me...

I hate that in a phone.

I want the phone to work out of the box. I don't want to have to futz with an app to get it to work. The phone needs to have a fast response time. If I want to take the time to customize it, I will, but I don't want to have to do that before doing anything else.

Probably why I use an iPhone.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah I went from building my own PC's, overclocking, tweaking the hell out of them, then worked at Geek Squad for two years, and got a Mac Love just having it work with no issues.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Haha, yeah I liked how they had to duct tape Charlie's hands together and stuff him in the trunk because he was afraid to leave the city. It's been good this season.

Speaking of great shows on FX, is anybody mad about Terriers getting cancelled? It was a very good show with very good critic reviews but they couldn't draw in enough ratings to get a second season. Injustice!
I'm stuck on The League.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Surly Furious

It is my opinion that iPhone is far and away the best smart phone out there, the one that really nailed usability and changed the entire industry. If Verizon offered it, I'd get one in a second. For now, it's still tracfone for me.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I'm stuck on The League.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I'm disappointed they didn't post an entire video like the 3 Penis Wine or Mr. McGibblets ones for the Vinegar Stroke.

Old
12-08-2010, 03:36 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

yeah i don't know...there's a reason that more and more people (guys mostly) are switching to Android products. i'm sure at least some of that has to do with the superiority of Verizon's network but still. I've dinked around with a few iPhones and I do like my droid better. I've not played around with the current gen. iPhone but then i haven't played around with a current gen Android phone either. I'd get one for my wife when Verizon gets them but I'm going to see what's out there when my contract is up--gotta read up on Windows phones because on gadget blogs it sounds like they've got a lot going for them.

Closed Thread