HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2010, 10:23 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Juste calm down people about Bieber. The guy happens to like him, so what? It's good that kids here happen to like Canadian artists and not american superstars being fed to them and who won't never really care about people north of the 48th parralel.

Teen pop culture icon always seem silly to the generation just before them. Ours were NKotB, BSB, Spice Girls, Antsink. Like we can genuinely feel smug about them.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
ahahhahahah thanks for the morning laugh

Old
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Juste calm down people about Bieber. The guy happens to like him, so what? It's good that kids here happen to like Canadian artists and not american superstars being fed to them and who won't never really care about people north of the 48th parralel.

Teen pop culture icon always seem silly to the generation just before them. Ours were NKotB, BSB, Spice Girls, Antsink. Like we can genuinely feel smug about them.
maybe yours, but the music is directed to girls and effeminate males; was the same 15 years ago.

Old
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
maybe yours, but the music is directed to girls and effeminate males; was the same 15 years ago.
Not really. I am pretty much a musical retard. The first time I even heard about a group named N'Sync (stupid me who forgot how to write it, just to drive home my point) was when they made an appearance on the Simpsons.

Point is, there is little point dissing the current teen generation's musical favourites, as it always will look silly from our PoV. As our forefathers looked down on our own favourites. As their forefathers did. It's just normal cultural disassociation of the current rebellious youth from the ways and icons of those conformists who preceded them.

Like our own cultural icons, theirs will eventually mature and gain some respectability, or die out.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:41 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Vent about the STM here

Wow.

Start work at 1 but I live pretty far so have to take a bus about 1h earlier. So anyways the first bus is suppose to come at 11:40am. I wait and wait and at 11:55 still not here so I decide to walk 10 minutes to catch another bus which passes at 12:13pm. Well as of 12:30 it was not there yet. Finally the original bus finally arrives at 12:35pm (I guess it was the next schedule bus and the original one just did not show up)

Ok I get the snow can cause delays but seriously **** the streets have been cleared and to wait 1 whole ****ing hour? Those ****ers increase the fees every year to give us the worse possible service.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Thing is they keep shutting us up by saying well it's the cheapest service in Canada. Big deal the service is terrible, especially the Metro been a few days at Berri now that people are even forced to go towards the back when the station I get off is all the way in the front. Yesterday there was a "congestion de train", wow we heard it all!!!

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 12-08-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

I know man...and the thing is that we pay 2 taxes (provincial and federal) compared to the other provinces where they pay only 1 tax (federal) i think...so its pretty obvious that we should have cheapest service in Canada lol We already get ****ed with the taxes...i think its enough raising on our monthly passes lol (even though its not very related with the taxes lol i had to let free my frustration hehe)

Last edited by Vanek20: 12-08-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old
12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I think blaming the lack of snow removal makes a lot more sense than blaming the STM...

Old
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
I know man...and the thing is that we pay 2 taxes (provincial and federal) compared to the other provinces where they pay only 1 tax (federal) i think...so its pretty obvious that we should have cheapest service in Canada lol We get ****ed with the taxes...i think its enough lol
Not sure how old you are but you should check things before you write them....yes the other provinces pay provincial taxes.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I think blaming the lack of snow removal makes a lot more sense than blaming the STM...
Meh, the larger streets are supposed to be clean by now. The bus service should be much better today.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
PricePkPatch

3 weeks ago (4?) I was getting back from an evening with friends. we timed to end our session around 12h30 AM so I have time to catch one of the last Henri-Bourassa metro toward Cote-Vertu, and then hop unto the last Berri-Uqam metro toward Longueuil (Live close to the metro Longueuil).

Since it's saturday evening, the timing is right.

I get there at 12h48, well before the last metro. I see people are waiting, so I tell myself this is a fresh departure, not one from Laval. Good. wait..

the lights don't appear. Eventually, at 12h55, an announcement tells us that something stops services on the orange line between HB and Berri-Uqam.

Okay. they keep repeating the message every 3 minutes (damnit). finally, FINALLY, at 1:15, the lights are up. I tell myself: "I have the time to make it to the last metro at Berri, at 1:30..."

Then there is a message telling us that this metro is gonna go toward Montmorency. *****!!! There is a shuttle service that will allow us to go toward Berri. Yhea, ***** thanks! If I had learned it 25 minutes before, I could have already taken a bus!

I ask the cashier what I should do, 'cause I LIVE IN LONGUEUIL. She tells me to ask the people at Berri. Okay, I take the bus. I ask the bus driver what I should do, he tells me to ask the people at Berri. I ask him if he could ask over the waves if there is an option, but he refuses.

He obviously stops at EVERY. FREAKING. STOP. (can't blame him here, but then again, I was tired and angry). Finally, we get at Berri-Uqam at 2AM. Obviously, the station's doors are all closed, it's impossible for me to ask ANYONE ANYTHING. So the only option for me is to pay for a frakking taxi.

I really hate these *****ing bureaucrats who really don't give a **** about your situation and just want to end your day, even if it means stranding you 30 kms away from your home, nowhere to go and when it's -5 degrees outside.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Not sure how old you are but you should check things before you write them....yes the other provinces pay provincial taxes.
Lol, nothing about how old i am. The thing that i know is that we pay like 24% federal 24% provincial...how much is it in the other provinces?

Old
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Lol, nothing about how old i am. The thing that i know is that we pay like 24% federal 24% provincial...how much is it in the other provinces?
http://lsminsurance.ca/calculators/canada/income-tax

Quebec has the highest taxes, by a fair bit really.

PEI, Nova Scotia (go team) and Manitoba are close.

But if you make $100k in Quebec, you keep about $67k. You'd get $74k in BC.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Meh, the larger streets are supposed to be clean by now. The bus service should be much better today.
Are supposed to be, and what actually is the case is not always the same.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Are supposed to be, and what actually is the case is not always the same.
I wouldn't put 1 vbuck on it, to be honest. 30% of the blue collars probably all called sick because it was hard to drive to work yesterday.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

What i love doing is counting how many days/weeks it takes for them to clear the snow in my area (mtl nord), last year the count went up to 2 weeks where the streets were still full of snow, whereas i passed by a friends house in west mount and the streets were so clean

Old
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Gary320

No matter how bad it is with the STM, STL is always worse.

Honestly, two fridays ago there was no buss for atleast two hours on the 26 line. This is morning hours where you usually have 4-5 busses every hour.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
No matter how bad it is with the STM, STL is always worse.

Honestly, two fridays ago there was no buss for atleast two hours on the 26 line. This is morning hours where you usually have 4-5 busses every hour.
difference being that montreal actually matters.

gary

Old
12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
3hirty6ix

And that's why I just got myself a car. :|

Old
12-08-2010, 01:40 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What i love doing is counting how many days/weeks it takes for them to clear the snow in my area (mtl nord), last year the count went up to 2 weeks where the streets were still full of snow, whereas i passed by a friends house in west mount and the streets were so clean
I think three winters ago they didn't even bother to clean my street (really small) after one of the snowstorms. Good thing my neighbours have snowblowers... I hate Montreal-Nord's blue collars.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
difference being that montreal actually matters.

gary
Hum...

Right, because a majority of people working downtown, thus bringing lots of money flowing in the city, live in Montreal to begin with. So you don't care about the border cities?

That was quite the petty and stupid comment, Overlords.

Quote:
I think three winters ago they didn't even bother to clean my street (really small) after one of the snowstorms. Good thing my neighbours have snowblowers... I hate Montreal-Nord's blue collars.
I think even Montreal's blue collar hate themselves. Just look at how many don't show up for work, or talk in the back of their union when they can remain anonymous.

I just wonder how much the whole employee structure is rotten. Maybe to the core.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 12-08-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
S1C1L1AN78

I got on the bus to go to Radison metro got on the 44 . Listening to my i pad loud to the max actually lol , anyways after a few stops the bus driver waves to me i take off my headphones and he told me to lower my volume cuz it was distracting him LOL . Keep in mind this is in a bus that is full of people yet im singled out lol ....

Old
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
That's because Westmount/CSL use private companies for snow cleaning.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
I took a drive along Cote-St-Luc in those ritzy houses up on the west side of the mountain last night at 5pm and not only were all the streets there cleared they had already picked up the snow on both sides.

Go figure.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Hum...

Right, because a majority of people working downtown, thus bringing lots of money flowing in the city, live in Montreal to begin with. So you don't care about the border cities?

That was quite the petty and stupid comment, Overlords.

geez i even put the shakehead smiley, are you new here?

Closed Thread