HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2010, 02:02 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
This is exactly why I'm eager to see them finally implement the "track when the bus is coming with your cellphone" system.

So I can actually know if I can just walk back and wait inside, if the bus was too early and I missed or stuff like that.
It's never gonna work. It's going to be less reliable than Window's tasktracker estimator.

During rush hour, you are gonna see: "Within 10 minutes", even if no one is coming for 30 minutes because of the traffic/accident.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
It's never gonna work. It's going to be less reliable than Window's tasktracker estimator.

During rush hour, you are gonna see: "Within 10 minutes", even if no one is coming for 30 minutes because of the traffic/accident.
Yeah, but since they're tracking with a GPS, you can actually know where he is. I don't like being negative. It's a good thing it's coming, I'd rather wait to see it before bashing it before it's even out like you're doing. For all you know, a driver stuck in traffic because of an accident could flag "traffic" with a button push or something.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Patrice Brisebois

The transit system in MTL is garbage compared to the TTC in Toronto.

What's with all the ***** bus drivers in Montreal anyways? They're all miserable people that look like they want to drive their bus off a cliff

Old
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
... And then you have that really creepy bus driver that's just too happy and can't stop singing (not horribly at least) during the entire ride -> On the 165 back in the day
ha ha .... so true.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
InglewoodJack

Last winter, first snowstorm they shut down the Marianopolis shuttle bus, and the 124, so I had no way to get dow the hill (could not see a thing outside), then I'm forced to hop on to a random bus, luckily it was the 136 that brought me to Dawson. Monday, they did the same thing, except it was 6pm when I got out from my exam, and i was forced to go blindly down claremont into the wilderness, eventually I reached Angrignon, where there were (no joke) 250 people waiting for CITSO busses. I saw at least 60 faces from high school, and some had been there since 4:30 (it was 7).

If you want to whine, whine abotu the CITSO. When their busses are late, they just don't show up. like 7 buses just turned around to the depot.
Argh.

Oh and don't get me started on rude busdrivers.
Some jerk asked me "what the **** is this ****?" when I presented a transfer that was 15 minutes late.

I was 14

Old
12-08-2010, 02:44 PM
OpenIceHit

Boycott Public Transportation! Buy Hummers!

Old
12-08-2010, 02:52 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I'm gonna buy a car soon. Don't give a **** if it costs more.

Want us to be more green? Then get your act together and fix your system.

Old
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
The transit system in MTL is garbage compared to the TTC in Toronto.

What's with all the ***** bus drivers in Montreal anyways? They're all miserable people that look like they want to drive their bus off a cliff
Don't give them ideas

Old
12-08-2010, 02:55 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post

Hope you don't live on the Plateau or the Island. They are preparing a special tax for tax owner. You didn't knew? People like you are Public Ennemy #2.

(after Leafs fans, obviously. Mentally handicapped people can be dangerous)

Old
12-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post

Oh and don't get me started on rude busdrivers.
Some jerk asked me "what the **** is this ****?" when I presented a transfer that was 15 minutes late.

I was 14
That's what I mean about the bus drivers. They're horrible. It's as if their seats have butt plugs on them or something causing them to act like jerks.

Two winters ago I was getting on the bus at Henri-Bourassa metro pretty late at night, and it must have been like -35 with the windchill. Right as the bus is getting set to leave some old lady who looked at least 80 starts knocking on the door. The driver just chuckled and shrugged his shoulders before proceeding to drive off and leave the lady there in the freezing cold.

Old
12-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
That's what I mean about the bus drivers. They're horrible. It's as if their seats have butt plugs on them or something causing them to act like jerks.

Two winters ago I was getting on the bus at Henri-Bourassa metro pretty late at night, and it must have been like -35 with the windchill. Right as the bus is getting set to leave some old lady who looked at least 80 starts knocking on the door. The driver just chuckled and shrugged his shoulders before proceeding to drive off and leave the lady there in the freezing cold.
Don't worry, in the next life he'll be driving a bus in Iraq

Old
12-08-2010, 03:02 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

On the other hand, they know people aren't going to lift a finger to defend them if they get brutalised. I remember reading about a bus driver being attacked by 2 gang punks, and the people on the bus just sat and watched.

I think the bus driver and his crowd just ignore each other, generating a powerful SEP Field.

Old
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

I've spent a good portion of my life complaining about the STM, however over the last 3 months I have nothing but praise to give them.

Ever since they implemented "10 minutes max", my bus rides have been prompt and pleasant. I consistently make it downtown in 35-45 minutes instead of 45-53 minutes, a noticeable improvement over previous years.

I have to give them a lot of credit for making that work.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the Metro's air quality is completely inhumane and unacceptable. The attitude of the STM as well needs severe restructuring. Their stupid ad campaign "J'aime tenir mon sac a dos!" is an example of their stupidity, their arrorgance and their fail at trying to be funny when giving a directive. Same thing as their one from a few years ago "Ils sont inséparables!" referring to the BUS ID and the pass. The tone of these ads is insulting and childish IMO.

As for transportation in general, our road system sucks, especially the 40 and the 15 on the way downtown, even without road closures and accidents. It's a system that is constantly underpowered, pretty much 7 days a week. Something needs to be done (needed to be done 10 years ago)

Old
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I think blaming the lack of snow removal makes a lot more sense than blaming the STM...
Or even blaming ones self. I see how **** it is outside and I realize the streets aren't being cleaned very well so I leave earlier in the morning and what do you know I get to work at the same time only I leave earlier.

It's the winter now and a bunch of ****tards are on the road doing 30km/h even though the roads are clear. They impede traffic what can the STM do really? Plus since they're a bus it actually makes a bit more sense for them to go slow public safety and all.

Personally I think the city has done a piss poor job of removing the snow thus far but in reality if people aren't going to use common sense and leave a bit early, especially if you're depending on somebody else like a bus driver, I can't really blame the STM for that. Buses are late this is a fairly common thing with buses, I know this cause I used the STM for like 10 years. They've always been bad and they've always increased prices every year or two. This isn't news so acting like it is to me is just ridiculous. This is why people go out and get licenses because public transit isn't reliable.

Old
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Or even blaming ones self. I see how **** it is outside and I realize the streets aren't being cleaned very well so I leave earlier in the morning and what do you know I get to work at the same time only I leave earlier.

It's the winter now and a bunch of ****tards are on the road doing 30km/h even though the roads are clear. They impede traffic what can the STM do really? Plus since they're a bus it actually makes a bit more sense for them to go slow public safety and all.

Personally I think the city has done a piss poor job of removing the snow thus far but in reality if people aren't going to use common sense and leave a bit early, especially if you're depending on somebody else like a bus driver, I can't really blame the STM for that. Buses are late this is a fairly common thing with buses, I know this cause I used the STM for like 10 years. They've always been bad and they've always increased prices every year or two. This isn't news so acting like it is to me is just ridiculous. This is why people go out and get licenses because public transit isn't reliable.
I'm not sure that rationalizing the situation makes it any less frustrating

And I don't think we're talking about the usual seasonal service degradation. Leaving 30 mins earlier doesn't really make a difference when the buses don't even show up

Old
12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I've used the STL buses for 5 years before I moved to Mtl. I can't complain about the STM, it's on another level compared to STL.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
On the other hand, they know people aren't going to lift a finger to defend them if they get brutalised. I remember reading about a bus driver being attacked by 2 gang punks, and the people on the bus just sat and watched.

I think the bus driver and his crowd just ignore each other, generating a powerful SEP Field.
I respect drivers a lot. Most people probably don't realize half the crap they have to put up with. Most of it coming from punks or loud and obnoxious students. Girls being girls and asking for a free ride because of some stupid reason. Boys practically yelling while they're laughing bothering everyone. And they have to clean the food they leave there. They put up with a LOT of crap. And most of that when the bus is packed.

I've taken the public transit all my life. Never took a driver's license. There's only a single instance where I can honestly consider a driver to be a complete jerk. I'd love to say the exact word but it would be censored. Driver never got into the right lane so we never noticed it was coming while we were sitting in the bus stop (with only one bus for it, btw). Some man waiting in his car notices it, runs after the bus while we notice it was even there. He stops.

If it was up to me, it would stop there but that same man asks him why he didn't stop, driver starts being rude by saying he didn't have to stop, that he should be grateful and that it's all our fault anyway. So the man argues back without any insult, driver calls him name, it escalates a bit because the man gets angry (no insults however) and the driver just up and makes a cut-throat sign.
That was my boiling point so I stood up in the back and yelled "If you did your ****ing job, there wouldn't be any problem so shut up and sit down!". (Ok maybe not the shut up and sit down part, I'm not sure if I said it or not)

So the ******* pouts, sits down, shuts down the bus and waits 10 minutes to punish us and in same time, causing EVERYONE else to be late by 10-15 minutes because we were the very first stop. We were only 3 in the bus so he felt he could get away with it. I got pretty mad that day, I ranted so damn much and I wrote an angry complaint to the STL and my co-workers poked fun at me for 4-5 weeks because that was the first time in like 2 years they ever saw me blow a lid.

Oh and I got an answer 2-3 months later that he did a burnout.

Last edited by Ncrdrg: 12-08-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old
12-08-2010, 04:10 PM
HabuseMoi

I'm pretty happy about the bus and metro system

Old
12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
prevail

Speaking of this, I took the AMT train today because for some reason there has been 150% more traffic. I spent $12 on a ticket that never got checked, how often do these people care if you pay and actually check?

Old
12-08-2010, 04:28 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by prevail View Post
Speaking of this, I took the AMT train today because for some reason there has been 150% more traffic. I spent $12 on a ticket that never got checked, how often do these people care if you pay and actually check?
They check randomly, if you get caught then you pay a fine. When i was in Montreal i was living in West Island and i would go downtown. They checked about once or twice a month.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Galchenyuk94

How about they give service till later. Bars close at 3 but public transit closes at 1. Drunk driving galore in this city. Maybe they could make the roads a little safer.

And the drivers in the west island seem to be friendly for the most part. But downtown they all seem like miserable a-holes.

Old
12-08-2010, 07:02 PM
mrCoffea*

I'm good with the STM, I live 10 minutes by foot to a metro station so I rarely take buses, and the metro for the most part is fine. Sometimes the bus I take to get to the metro faster (and that passes on a REALLY busy street) is either really late or really early, but my solution is to just walk if the next bus is supposed to come in 10 minutes or more.

Old
12-08-2010, 07:12 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post

Great way to put your license into good use! Oh wait...

Old
12-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Et le But

I moved to Washington DC a few months ago () and the Montreal Metro is paradise compared to what they have here. It's extensive sure, but it needs to be because this city is a sprawling mess.

The Montreal bus system, while I have less positive memories, is at least extensive.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I moved to Washington DC a few months ago () and the Montreal Metro is paradise compared to what they have here. It's extensive sure, but it needs to be because this city is a sprawling mess.

The Montreal bus system, while I have less positive memories, is at least extensive.
I loved Washington DC's metro. It has so many places to sit compared to Mtl's.

Closed Thread