HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

D Brian Lee

Old
11-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Selke

vCash: 500
You guys don't realize how bad Brian Lee is. He gives no effort and coasts in his own end. He's not physical and gets his pocket picked on a nightly basis for Ottawa (when he plays).

You want nothing to do with him. He's pretty much a right-handed Jordan Hendry.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Cleared. I guess Bowman is content with the production we're getting from the 3rd pairing or has plans of bringing someone else in (yeah right, he only makes trades to shed cap hits). He's pretty good at icing a cap compliant team, I'll give him that. As far as icing a competitive team and improving upon it, we need to see A LOT more from him.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 11:33 AM
BobbyJet

We don't need ANOTHER soft defenceman.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Teemu

Guy has talent, but he's not a gamer. He'll never work to be any better than he is.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:21 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Cleared. I guess Bowman is content with the production we're getting from the 3rd pairing or has plans of bringing someone else in (yeah right, he only makes trades to shed cap hits). He's pretty good at icing a cap compliant team, I'll give him that. As far as icing a competitive team and improving upon it, we need to see A LOT more from him.
Huh? Its a little too early for talk like that. I think he did a very good job in the off season considering the cap issues we faced. Players get waved usually for a reason and the last thing we need is to prematurely blow any cap space we might have and/or bring in a player that won't do us any good. As the deadline gets closer and more and more teams decide they can't make the post season, affordable players of a decent caliber will become available. Patience is needed.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hendry hasn't played in forever and was benched in finals,, It is clear Q doesn't view him as a viable option

If we lost one of Cullimore/Boynton/Scott via waivers no one would be sad

As for NHL live ,,,,, Got sick of the talk of Kovalchuk/Leafs constantly so I haven't watched it in a while

They are never a good source of reliable info on injuries

Lee hasn't played that bad at NHL level and he still has good upside and is young
I want to know what Lee you watched? Every time watch him play he has sucked. Plus he is never ever in position cause everyone else to cover for him which makes everyone else look bad. Hence all 30 teams did not want him.

People need to relax some. Yes Cullimore and Boynton are bad, we all know this. Come late in the year they will not be played as much. Leddy will be on this team down the stretch. The reason he is not here now are two main things. First the cap, second is he needs to be playing big mins every night learning how to play D at a Pro-level. Yes he looks very good at times and can do things that Boynton/Cullimore can't do but he will learn at a much faster rate if he is playing 20+ mins a night then 10 in Chicago. When Leddy was up you could tell that he was still learning his position at a pro-level cause other players to have to protect for him which leads to worse overall play by everyone on the ice. By having him in Rockford getting 20+ mins a night he gets more actual game time to work on these thing. Plus in the AHL they concentrate more on learning the right way and not taking shortcuts just because it will be better now. The Hawks are not a let them play and learn team as they are trying to win no matter what. Leddy will be much better player getting 40-50 games learning in the AHL compared to being up here the whole season when it comes down to when we really need him and that is the stretch run/playoffs.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post
You guys don't realize how bad Brian Lee is. He gives no effort and coasts in his own end. He's not physical and gets his pocket picked on a nightly basis for Ottawa (when he plays).

You want nothing to do with him. He's pretty much a right-handed Jordan Hendry.
This he is a worse overall player then Cullimore at this moment. But this is HF he was a high pick and still young so he must be good, no need to actually watch the kid play.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
His breakout passes and stick checking would have been an asset on the 3rd pairing. We could have put him with Hendry or Cullimore and improved the team. I guess it just wasn't enough of an upgrade to justify the cap needed or Bowman didn't want to upset the locker room chemistry for guy who is only marginally better.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
His breakout passes and stick checking would have been an asset on the 3rd pairing. We could have put him with Hendry or Cullimore and improved the team. I guess it just wasn't enough of an upgrade to justify the cap needed or Bowman didn't want to upset the locker room chemistry for guy who is only marginally better.
He is not marginally better. Lee is bad very bad. He floats all over the ice and turns the puck over all day long. The reason you don't see him get undressed by guys like Cullimore does is cause Lee would not even be in position/give a crap to try and stop the guy. Plus Lee seems to not care about winning at all, just a great character to have in a locker room. At least Cullimore works hard and has the respect of the younger guys.

Flashy/Fancy player: Lee>>Cullimore
Actual hockey player: Cullimore>Lee

Now don't take this as a I think Cullimore is any good cause he really is a bad hockey player. But right now we have started to look much better, just let the team gel a little and let Leddy develop in the AHL. Then towards the dead line or if we really go to crap again before then, we can evaluate the progress of the kids and decide if they are ready or look to bring in a guy.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhary9 View Post
This he is a worse overall player then Cullimore at this moment. But this is HF he was a high pick and still young so he must be good, no need to actually watch the kid play.
Yeah, being from Ottawa you guys can trust me on this one.

Brian Lee doesn't belong to be in the NHL. I have a hard time believing he could crack the lineup in Bingo at the moment. He's that bad.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote