HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ESPN Keeper Fantasy Hockey League (EKFHL) Season 1

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Brad Richards and Rask are still available for me. Just looking for a keeper-worthy d-man. Any of my d-men are available and I'd even trade Rinne if I got a keeper-worthy starter back.

Old
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
yeah ill think about it.. but i think i need kopitar to part with thomas
Don't think there's anything that would entice me to deal Kopitar TBH...

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
12-07-2010, 03:23 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Brad Richards and Rask are still available for me. Just looking for a keeper-worthy d-man. Any of my d-men are available and I'd even trade Rinne if I got a keeper-worthy starter back.
How long is Rinne out for?

Old
12-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
How long is Rinne out for?
2-4 weeks.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
2-4 weeks.
Thanks.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:53 PM
BringBackZherdev*

My whole team seems to be slumping right now, only 4 points through 2 days

Old
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Winning for now, lets see what tomorrow brings.

Old
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Garbage Goal

Whoever Last Place is, I sent you a counter-offer. Personally, I think it's more then fair for you, but if you don't like it then I sent a comment with the offer detailing what I would like the deal to center around.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:53 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Thats me and yea its a good deal appreciate it

Old
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Triq the deal expires in a few hours, I'm really not sure how Kopitar could be put into the deal... I mean, you can try something else if you want.....

Old
12-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Thats me and yea its a good deal appreciate it
Right back at ya. Thanks for the cooperation.

Old
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Triq the deal expires in a few hours, I'm really not sure how Kopitar could be put into the deal... I mean, you can try something else if you want.....
countered with what i think is a pretty fair deal..

Old
12-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Slowbro

deleted

Old
12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm surprised no one else wanted Brad Richards. Guys an elite 90+ point player and this was the only person interested in him. Go figure I guess.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Slowbro

that seems like the most lopsided trade yet

why trade a 90 pt player for 2 scrubs?

Old
12-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Slowbro

granted sequin and fowler might be keepers for the long run but so is burns and probably richards on most teams..

Old
12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
that seems like the most lopsided trade yet

why trade a 90 pt player for 2 scrubs?
Quote:
granted sequin and fowler might be keepers for the long run but so is burns and probably richards on most teams..
If you don't like it then veto it. If you wanted Richards then you should have mad an offer.

I wanted to get rid of Richards. No one was offering anything besides him so I took two of the best young guys out there and ran with it. I plan on only keeping one d-man and I'd rather keep Fowler then Burns.

I don't see myself doing anything this year so I'm grabbing some young assets while I can.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Trade between We Suck and Last Place: Seguin and Fowler for B. Richards and Burns.

I voted to veto the trade right now. In terms of just fantasy points alone, that is a "holy crap" lopsided trade. 164.2 vs. 79.1.

What's everyone's opinions on this trade?

Old
12-08-2010, 04:29 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Looking a little deeper into it, I can maybe understand the long term aspects of it, but Richards has been an elite scorer and is only 30, so he'll be around for a few more years. Burns is a young, first pair defenseman, and the obvious keeper for defenseman on your team, so I don't understand why you would dump him off like that for young prospect potential, especially if he's playing so well.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'm cool with the trade. The points will come for the other side.

Old
12-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
If you don't like it then veto it. If you wanted Richards then you should have mad an offer.

I wanted to get rid of Richards. No one was offering anything besides him so I took two of the best young guys out there and ran with it. I plan on only keeping one d-man and I'd rather keep Fowler then Burns.

I don't see myself doing anything this year so I'm grabbing some young assets while I can.
nothing wrong with that approach, i guess, but you have to prepare to answer from other owners. looking at it, yeah those two kids are going to be good but it as lopsided as it can get in terms of points/potential for points.

and i didnt know you were trying to trade richards? if this gets veto'ed send me an offer i wont give you what he did lol but why would i want him?

edit: in concise terms, richards is a keeper. burns is a keeper. why trade them for prospects who MIGHT be worth it?

Old
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Looking a little deeper into it, I can maybe understand the long term aspects of it, but Richards has been an elite scorer and is only 30, so he'll be around for a few more years. Burns is a young, first pair defenseman, and the obvious keeper for defenseman on your team, so I don't understand why you would dump him off like that for young prospect potential, especially if he's playing so well.
I don't want to keep Richards on my team after this season. I'm generally leery of player 30 or above and for w/e reason any player above the age of 30 seems like trying to trade horse **** because no one is ever willing to give good value for a player over 30. I can't even get someone to offer anything decent for Rafalski in another keeper league.

Still too many question marks with Burns and he only seems like a 40 point d-man right now. Only reason I would keep Burns is because it's required to keep one d-man. Otherwise, I'd let him go.

Fourty point d-men aren't hard to find even if they are good assets. At least with Fowler there's good potential to be even better then Burns.

Anyways, I was just trying to get rid of Richards and get a keeper d-man back. Nobody was offering ****, my season seems to be going down the gutter (which I predicted at the start of the season by the way), and I was getting tired of it all. So I just went the easy way out and grabbed two of the best young guys out there.

So you can veto it if you want. I don't really care either way.

Quote:
nothing wrong with that approach, i guess, but you have to prepare to answer from other owners. looking at it, yeah those two kids are going to be good but it as lopsided as it can get in terms of points/potential for points.

and i didnt know you were trying to trade richards? if this gets veto'ed send me an offer i wont give you what he did lol but why would i want him?

edit: in concise terms, richards is a keeper. burns is a keeper. why trade them for prospects who MIGHT be worth it?
I posted several times over several weeks that Richards is available.

Richards is a keeper that's 30. 30, for me, is the cutoff age for when you can get a good return for a player from my experience. It's also the age where I start to get leery of injuries and regression.

Burns being a keeper is kind of arguable. There's plenty of 40 point d-men out there and, personally, I don't think 40 point d-men are keeper worthy in the first place. So if I have to keep a d-man it might as well be a young guy like Fowler since no one will trade me a Green or a Doughty type player.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this, Fowler has been playing out of his mind he looks really good and has the numbers to prove it, and hes 18 or 19 years old. so the question really becomes do you think Seguin will be better then Richards. Yes it's early to think about it and it really is a huge risk but obviously hes got interest in him and Fowler who will be a beast of an offensive defensemen. The original deal I offered was Subban and Seguin for Richards because I myself wanted to keep Fowler this was the counter offer I got back and it is pretty fair when you think about the possibilty of what they could be.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this, Fowler has been playing out of his mind he looks really good and has the numbers to prove it, and hes 18 or 19 years old. so the question really becomes do you think Seguin will be better then Richards. Yes it's early to think about it and it really is a huge risk but obviously hes got interest in him and Fowler who will be a beast of an offensive defensemen. The original deal I offered was Subban and Seguin for Richards because I myself wanted to keep Fowler this was the counter offer I got back and it is pretty fair when you think about the possibilty of what they could be.
i dunno the specifics but isnt this league 3 years? i guess the possibility is there to extend that but i think in three years richards will still produce more. richards just seems out of place in a trade full of younger players.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
i dunno the specifics but isnt this league 3 years? i guess the possibility is there to extend that but i think in three years richards will still produce more. richards just seems out of place in a trade full of younger players.
It is?

Closed Thread