HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tinordi not invited to World Junior camp

Old
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Not a big deal, he wasn't invited when they had a camp late summer don't know why they would have invited him now. Not a big deal
Tinordi was at the Summer Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid in August.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Tinordi was at the Summer Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid in August.
Yaeh my bad, I don't know why but I thought I remembered him not being there, must be getting mixed up with another player

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Where's everyone that was saying Hunter would turn him into a monster?

I'm still wishing we had picked Etem. Man, that guy is going to be a beast. What a shame.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 02:00 PM
zzoo

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...i-ny-sera-pas/

Voici ce que me racontait il y a quelques instants un recruteur d’une équipe de l’est dans la LNH à son sujet:

“J’aimais ce choix du Canadien, et je le repêcherais probablement à nouveau à leur place (au 22e rang). Mais il connaît une saison très moyenne. Il n’a pas amélioré la souplesse et la vitesse de ses mains. Il n’est pas robuste de façon régulière. Sans dire que c’est laborieux, il ne progresse pas beaucoup. Ça ne veut pas dire pour autant qu’il ne jouera pas dans la LNH. Le processus sera long dans son cas. Il aura besoin d’au moins deux saisons dans les rangs juniors.”

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...i-ny-sera-pas/

Voici ce que me racontait il y a quelques instants un recruteur d’une équipe de l’est dans la LNH à son sujet:

“J’aimais ce choix du Canadien, et je le repêcherais probablement à nouveau à leur place (au 22e rang). Mais il connaît une saison très moyenne. Il n’a pas amélioré la souplesse et la vitesse de ses mains. Il n’est pas robuste de façon régulière. Sans dire que c’est laborieux, il ne progresse pas beaucoup. Ça ne veut pas dire pour autant qu’il ne jouera pas dans la LNH. Le processus sera long dans son cas. Il aura besoin d’au moins deux saisons dans les rangs juniors.”
Bust!!! Fire Gainey! Fire Timonss!

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Where's everyone that was saying Hunter would turn him into a monster?

I'm still wishing we had picked Etem. Man, that guy is going to be a beast. What a shame.
I look at it this way, Tinordi has a chance to be a mix of Chara and Pronger(less offense), so in that sense it was a "swing for the fence" type pick, which I like. If he doesn't pan out and we missed out on a Derek Roy or Cammalleri, then I'll be pissed, but if we missed out on the next Justin Williams or Jarett Stoll, no big deal.

I'd like to see him have a better second half, same for Kristo and Qualier(though he is returning from a bad injury).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 02:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

It's too bad he didn't even get invited back, especially coming from the USNDTP since Team USA seems to have a clear basis towards their USNDTP players. But going into the tournament, they are the favorite and their strength is likely their blueline, so I'm not worried that he didn't make it this year, but hope he can make it next year.

I was impressed with what I saw from him in preseason action, so it will be interesting to see where he is at in 2 years.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 05:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
You know, i didn't know where to say this and it isn't a shot at Tinordi by any means but I remember at the draft hoping the habs would move up and take Cam Fowler. Rookie year, over .5PPG. I mean, anyone could say that right? He was a top 3 ranked skater. Just annoys me, I really felt we should take that chance and I could only dream of a future D-core of a healthy markov, fowler, and subban. Too bad we don't take chances sometimes and move up, that's life. Tinordi will be a good player in his own style but there's no denying Fowler will be more of an impact d-man.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:08 PM
JrHockeyFan

Just to get things back on even kilter. Has Tinordi been a dominant D player in the OHL? No he hasn't and that is probably largely based on the low offensive production.

He has logged a lot of TOI for the Knights this year. And the Knights have had a terrible time in the scoring dept. So a -6 does not surprise at all

The kid has 3 months under his belt playing in one of the best Jr leagues in the world. Defense is the least of the Knight's problems. Scoring and the PP are the biggest headaches in that order. Not much Tinordi can do about that

What he does need to do is bulk up so he can dominate along the boards. Right now he relies on his reach

He needs to develop some kind of shot. He rarely slaps it. Most of the time it is a wrister

Skating skills remain a real strength

I think a lot of folks are letting expectations get in the way of a fair assessment. His play has progressed. He is playing against tough competition which will only improve he play more

Relax folks. Not getting invited to the camp is not the end of the world

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:34 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You know, i didn't know where to say this and it isn't a shot at Tinordi by any means but I remember at the draft hoping the habs would move up and take Cam Fowler. Rookie year, over .5PPG. I mean, anyone could say that right? He was a top 3 ranked skater. Just annoys me, I really felt we should take that chance and I could only dream of a future D-core of a healthy markov, fowler, and subban. Too bad we don't take chances sometimes and move up, that's life. Tinordi will be a good player in his own style but there's no denying Fowler will be more of an impact d-man.
Moving up over 10 spots in the first round is pretty impossible. Asking price would have been to rich.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Moving up over 10 spots in the first round is pretty impossible. Asking price would have been to rich.
Yes, it would've been, I won't deny that. Still for a player of Fowler's talent, it's an easy choice for me.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Price was snubbed/got cut a few years back too.

"Chill".

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Andros777

I wanted Quinton Howden.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Oh, and Kevin Lind has more goals (and points) than Tinordi does at London at Notre Dame and as many points as Riley Sheahan.

Not bad for a guy that was one dimensional and probably didn't have the talent to make it in the NHL. Just saying.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
zzoo

Tinordi, please, please do not turn into O'Byrne, Fisher, McDonagh. Don't you find that size is very over-rated in NHL.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 08:33 AM
The Right Price

I had a bad feeling about our Draft day moves. And it's turning to be right. We traded away a 2nd rounder for Tinordi.. And in my opinion Tinordi would have been avalaible later in the first amyway.. Timmins..

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
I had a bad feeling about our Draft day moves. And it's turning to be right. We traded away a 2nd rounder for Tinordi.. And in my opinion Tinordi would have been avalaible later in the first amyway.. Timmins..
There were some reports that Vancouver were really high on Tinordi and when the Canadiens traded up to draft him, Vancouver pulled the trigger on the Ballard trade. I don't remember the exact source though.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It would have been quite a move, Fowler went 12th to a team looking for young d-men and we had the 25th pick. Would have at least cost us the 2011 1st plus maybe more.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Tinordi, please, please do not turn into O'Byrne, Fisher, McDonagh. Don't you find that size is very over-rated in NHL.
Realistically, if he turns out to be O'Byrne (20 mins a night regular NHL D right now with COL), then that's probably sort of a "par" outcome for what we could have hoped for in drafting Tinordi. I don't know anybody who was predicting more than that from Tinordi? If we had hopes for better than par, it probably would have focused on any extra toughness/leadership elements he could bring, but not for more talent/production than an O'Byrne or say Hal Gill. The "below par" outcome of not making the NHL is a possible outcome for any pick at that point in the draft.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
gusfring

Bottom line is this: he's been sub par so far this year in London.

Does that mean he is a bust? No.
Is it somewhat worrisome from a Habs perspective? It has to be...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:17 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

we need him to be properly developed, we (i) need my mini-pronger!

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:22 AM
onice

He's 18 how many 18-year-olds do you guys know making a national team?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Size is over rated if that is all a player has. A large mobile player on the other hand makes a huge difference

This kid is still a teen. When he puts on 25 lbs of man muscle coupled with his good skating skills, you will have something a lot better than your list (Fisher? why mention him)

If this kid had any kind of shot from the point, nobody would be complaining about anything right now

The Habs have 3 years to build this kid up. There is no rush here

PS: Everybody was saying the Habs are too small. This is a step in the right direction to fix that

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:36 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
He's 18 how many 18-year-olds do you guys know making a national team?
This question makes no sense.

How many examples do you need of 18 year olds on Junior National Teams?

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

this board sucks sometimes

he is 18

Its his first CHL season. Can you all relax.
WJC isnt always a measuring stick as we have seen great players not on the team, and guys on the team who have been busts.

Let him develop. Defencemen always take time to find their game. Give him time before you give him the "Fischer" label.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote