HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks Part 3 (All NBA discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2010, 09:04 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
What a crazy bounce.

Knicks Win!

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Exciting game tonight! Amar'e was a beast in the 4th, and Felton has just been amazing. Great contributions from Gallo, Chandler and Fields, who had an awesome dunk. Bargnani was unbelievable for the Raptors.

Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
What a crazy bounce.

Knicks Win!
Holy ****! Felton!

Old
12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
frankthefrowner

Amare = Gabby... had to carry the team on offense in year 1 but probably will have more help in year 2...

Felton = MDZ

Old
12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
SRTtoZ

AMARE is beast!!!!

Awesome game, I cant remember the last time I enjoyed watching the knicks this much.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:07 PM
lundy

The Knicks are legendary so far this season. I'm watching basketball for the first time in ten years, it's great.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:07 PM
ecemleafs

Stoudemire sucks

Old
12-08-2010, 09:10 PM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Stoudemire sucks
Clearly.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Amare = Gabby... had to carry the team on offense in year 1 but probably will have more help in year 2...

Felton = MDZ
Right now, Stat and Felton are just about givens for double-doubles. Chandler and Gallo take turns being the 3rd wheel. Fields is like the fix-all guy...key rebound here, smart defensive play there. They need more contributions from the bench. No surprise that Walsh is looking for a big man and a backup PG.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

they are looking like a 50 win team!
boy the Garden is a lot louder during Knicks games than for our boys in Blue..

Old
12-08-2010, 09:24 PM
asparkoflife

Knicks are on fire. Felton looks like a phenomenal signing.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:34 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
they are looking like a 50 win team!
boy the Garden is a lot louder during Knicks games than for our boys in Blue..
They are the same fans, thats what happens when you win consistently.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Personally I think fields is the type of player you NEED to be a great team, they have a lot of the pieces right now, they really do.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Personally I think fields is the type of player you NEED to be a great team, they have a lot of the pieces right now, they really do.

They played 7 players tonight, with TD and Turiaf getting minimal time. They need better contributions from the bench.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Felton = MDZ
Awww has he been that bad this year?

Old
12-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
They played 7 players tonight, with TD and Turiaf getting minimal time. They need better contributions from the bench.
They played 8. Shawne Williams played as well. Turiaf is still nursing that knee, and was in big foul trouble early. I see the knicks adding a backup PG, like they were talking about, even though I like TD. I do see Felton, Fields, Gallinari, Chandler, Amare, Turiaf, TD being part of the future. Hopefully we can add a big that can score/ grab boards, nothing special though. Maybe a melo too, which I think that they do add him. Then they have a contending team, with a solid bench.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Awww has he been that bad this year?
Yea that comparison doenst make sense. MDZ is not a top defensemen, Felton is a top guard.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Felton=MDZ??

Felton is more established.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
They played 8. Shawne Williams played as well. Turiaf is still nursing that knee, and was in big foul trouble early. I see the knicks adding a backup PG, like they were talking about, even though I like TD. I do see Felton, Fields, Gallinari, Chandler, Amare, Turiaf, TD being part of the future. Hopefully we can add a big that can score/ grab boards, nothing special though. Maybe a melo too, which I think that they do add him. Then they have a contending team, with a solid bench.
Oops...forgot about Williams. I just don't like how TD runs the offense when Felton's not on the floor. The Knicks start standing around. TD is ferocious defensively, but, he doesn't see the court that well. It would also be nice if Randolph started earning some minutes.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Oops...forgot about Williams. I just don't like how TD runs the offense when Felton's not on the floor. The Knicks start standing around. TD is ferocious defensively, but, he doesn't see the court that well. It would also be nice if Randolph started earning some minutes.
Yeah thats why I hope they trade Walker for a backup PG, and run Douglas at the 2 a little bit off of the bench. I think they said they are trying to develop Randolph in practice more, but it would be nice if he could eventually spell Amare a little bit off of the bench.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Ken Berger Blog

Quote:
Sources say Anthony is so fixated on winding up with the Knicks that Denver management has become convinced that he will tempt fate and the new CBA by playing out the entire season in Denver and signing with the Knicks as a free agent on July 1 or after the lockout.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:

I hope so. As I, and others have said, this won't be a team if all these good young pieces are traded. Amar'e took over in the 4th. I thought he looked understandably tired during the first three quarters after the run of games he has had. Absolutely took over in the 4th. Felton gave us a chance to be there with his play tonight. I have been in love with his play all year but his improved ability to run the pick and roll is extremely encouraging.

Jas, agree with you on the bench and Douglas. Hope Randolph and Azubuike can become solid contributors. I think Turiaf and Douglas are consistent help and Mozgov/Williams/others will go through streaks. Douglas is a great defender but I also don't like how he runs the point. I do, however, like the look when both he and Felton are out there.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

We'll see what happens with 'melo. I do not wanna lose chandler or gallo, but maybe at the deadline we might have to, and we can make a push in the playoffs this year.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
We'll see what happens with 'melo. I do not wanna lose chandler or gallo, but maybe at the deadline we might have to, and we can make a push in the playoffs this year.
Landry would most definitely go too. Just does not make sense for the Knicks or 'Melo. Even if the contract offer at the end of the season could not be as rich (which we don't know for sure) as one he could sign after a mid-season trade, he would make that money back within the first year as a Knick through different sponsorship and marketing opportunities.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I hope so. As I, and others have said, this won't be a team if all these good young pieces are traded. Amar'e took over in the 4th. I thought he looked understandably tired during the first three quarters after the run of games he has had. Absolutely took over in the 4th. Felton gave us a chance to be there with his play tonight. I have been in love with his play all year but his improved ability to run the pick and roll is extremely encouraging.

Jas, agree with you on the bench and Douglas. Hope Randolph and Azubuike can become solid contributors. I think Turiaf and Douglas are consistent help and Mozgov/Williams/others will go through streaks. Douglas is a great defender but I also don't like how he runs the point. I do, however, like the look when both he and Felton are out there.
Remember, Felton was a top 5 pick. It appears he's finally playing on the level of his draft contemporaries CP3 and DWill. And, he seems like he's meant to play in NY. He's got a fearlessness about him.

As for TD, he's very good on-the-ball defender, and he can hit from outside. But, he's not a good ball distributor.

As for Melo, getting him would push Gallo to the 4, and either move Chandler to the 2, or the 1st option off the bench.

Closed Thread