HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Old
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
My questions why can't Legwand go to wing? Or Legwand to 4th line center?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Goc is playing like a scoring line center right now, moreso than Legwand.

I say Lombardi has to earn his way to a scoring line.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Lombardi update article per J Cooper: Nashville Predators' Matthew Lombardi still on shelf

"Since the injury, Lombardi said he has taken it “low-key.” When asked if he has partaken in physical activity, he said: “I haven’t been able to do anything.”

I stopped counting on him contributing much of anything this year awhile ago when it sounded like he started missing re-evaluations because his symptoms were not better and when I heard, confirmed by this article, that he wasn't even much of a frequent visitor to games/practices/meetings. Nothing in the article made me optimistic about his return.

Best case he returns in a couple of months and Poile considers his return an upgrade to the roster and negates possible trades since it's like adding a new player anyway?

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 03:30 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

At least his contract is covered under insurance. That's money which can go to a trade......

Old
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
At least his contract is covered under insurance. That's money which can go to a trade......
Isn't there a minimum number of games he has to miss first for insurance? I can't remember/too lazy to look up.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:55 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Isn't there a minimum number of games he has to miss first for insurance? I can't remember/too lazy to look up.
How dare you ask me to read the CBA......again. ow my aching eyes.

If my legalize is up to par, it's 90 days for the serious disability policy. I calculate Lombardi is up to day 40. Total salary: $752,680

90 day total: $1,693,530.00

Old
11-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
How dare you ask me to read the CBA......again. ow my aching eyes.

If my legalize is up to par, it's 90 days for the serious disability policy. I calculate Lombardi is up to day 40. Total salary: $752,680

90 day total: $1,693,530.00

I've got the CBA on my computer....but why do something if I can get somebody else to do it for me?

This is America, you know

Old
11-24-2010, 04:01 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I've got the CBA on my computer....but why do something if I can get somebody else to do it for me?

This is America, you know
That's ok, my legalise could be wrong! LOL!

EDIT: Based on Cooper's date of injury, the 90 day drop dead date is Jan 10th 2011.

Old
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Note...Lombardi missed ten months with a concussion in 2004.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:47 PM
jlsg

Concussion AND neck injury. Neck kept him out 10 months.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
While both Legwand and Lombardi were in full uniform for the team pictures today at practice, neither participated. Legwand did do a little skating on his own prior to leaving the ice, but...where does that leave him for tomorrow night or Wednesday?

I've published the stats in a number of places, but the fact remains...

In the two games the Predators have had all four Opening Night centers available they scored an average of 3.5 goals per game (GPG).

In the ten games they've had three of the four Opening Night centers available they've scored at a 3.1 GPG pace, which would be good enough for 6th in the league.

And, in the twelve games they've had just two of the four centers available they've scored at a league worst 1.5 GPG pace.

If Legwand is not ready to go, the team MUST recall Jamie Lundmark to take his place. We owe Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback better than making them pitch a shutout each game to win. We need to have three lines centered by guys with offensive talent and a fourth unit that serves as a special teams/energy/kitchen sink line to score goals and win...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
While both Legwand and Lombardi were in full uniform for the team pictures today at practice, neither participated. Legwand did do a little skating on his own prior to leaving the ice, but...where does that leave him for tomorrow night or Wednesday?

I've published the stats in a number of places, but the fact remains...

In the two games the Predators have had all four Opening Night centers available they scored an average of 3.5 goals per game (GPG).

In the ten games they've had three of the four Opening Night centers available they've scored at a 3.1 GPG pace, which would be good enough for 6th in the league.

And, in the twelve games they've had just two of the four centers available they've scored at a league worst 1.5 GPG pace.

If Legwand is not ready to go, the team MUST recall Jamie Lundmark to take his place. We owe Pekka Rinne and Anders Lindback better than making them pitch a shutout each game to win. We need to have three lines centered by guys with offensive talent and a fourth unit that serves as a special teams/energy/kitchen sink line to score goals and win...
I doubt we see Legwand before the weekend, if even then.

And I also doubt we'll see Lundmark recalled, though I'd like to see it.

Old
11-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Trotz on Legwand, "I don’t expect him before the weekend at the soonest."
http://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper/status/9363700490178560

Is there any question what needs to be done? I'm sick of 1.5 goals per game...

Old
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
http://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper/status/9363700490178560

Is there any question what needs to be done? I'm sick of 1.5 goals per game...
"Weekend at the soonest" is pretty damn far from "day to day" as originally diagnosed by Dr. Trotz. If this is something that is going to keep Legwand out for 2 weeks by this weekend, there was obviously something more going on with his injury. I've got to start questioning what exactly is going on here. Is the training/medical staff that far off from their duration/severity of injury assessment or is the organization so blind/stupid/wishful thinking somebody will step up/cash strapped that they can't call somebody (anybody) up sooner?

My point is if this injury is going to last two weeks (or more) then somebody should have the responsibility and obligation to get someone on the roster to fill that role and I don't mean Belak either. It's not like this is the first time that the Preds are playing guys short at significant positions and the "day to day" extends into several games or weeks and they try to "go with the guys they have".

I don't know if I like any option in MIL to fill Legwand's spot, but I do know for sure that NOT trying to address it sure the hell isn't working.

Old
11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
If CW, who we drafted to be a C, could get the job done there, we wouldn't be having these problems, cause we still would be able to skate 3 decent lines, and Smitty could center the grind line. For whatever reason, CW has gone into a funk when we put him in the middle, so at the moment we are stuck with either CW or JP skating 4th line mins with SK and our MIL call-up center. Really - CW centering Ward and SK, with Toots skating with Spaling and Smitty as the 4th line - doesn't that "look" right?

We are kinda' in roster he!! right now, with our top 2 centers out and the guy we drafted a few years ago to be our future #1 struggling to contribute, let alone skate in the middle. How much depth can we really expect to have when you are down the guys you arguably were expecting to be your top 3 centers for the next 3 years are out?

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
At what point does it stop being the players and start being the system as well?

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
At what point does it stop being the players and start being the system as well?
The "system" is alternately hailed and maligned, depending on the most recent streak. It allows us to win games we don't technically have the skill to win, but when a team either figures out a way to beat it(as seen in every playoff series we've ever been in-- we can surprise a team or fool them over the course of a game or two, but given six games to dissect it, a more skilled team is going to rise above it nine times out of ten) or when the system isn't "clicking"(as in, right now), we become what we truly are...a typically well-coached group of nobodies and cast-offs that sometimes play well above our heads. It's the Nashville Predators way, whether we like it or not.

Old
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

So how soon before we hear leggy is gone for year with a torn acl?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 04:35 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Were not gonna see Lombardi again this year....My prediction

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
So how soon before we hear leggy is gone for year with a torn acl?
I bet it doesnt happen even with a torn acl. A few years ago Legwand kept playing with no ACL and kept coming back.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 10:35 PM
WartracePred

Heard Crispy on The Zone this afternoon addressing Leggy's injury and return last night. Paraphrasing loosely, Leggy was giving it a try last night, to see how it felt. He didn't participate in the morning skate yesterday but said he felt alright.

Willy Daunic suggested that Leggy may have come back too soon and fears he'll miss an additional extended period of time. Crispy didn't think that was what happened. Crispy said the trainers work closely with the doctors and players to determine when players should return from an injury. No way would a player be put at risk, no matter how badly the player wants back on the ice. He made it sound like it was a careful calculated process that protects the long term interests of the players. It's obvious that concussions are handled with extreme caution.

Again this is a loose paraphrase and a little reading between the lines.

I'm going to be optimistic and believe his return will mirror Suter's return -- that Legwand needs another week at most. Based on Crispy's comments, I think that his return last night didn't cause a significant setback in the healing process.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I bet it doesnt happen even with a torn acl. A few years ago Legwand kept playing with no ACL and kept coming back.
But not many can do that is one. And two, he is older now and injuries take a toll on the body much worse than it did 5 years ago. I'm going to agree with Sirryan. I think it is a torn ACL and he was trying it out to see if he can play. Well, we know the answer to it...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:54 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

A torn ACL is what? Six to eight weeks now?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 12:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
A torn ACL is what? Six to eight MONTHS now?
Let me edit that for you. The ACL is the main ligament which prevents your lower leg from pulling forward from you femur. Along with the PCL, they provide stability to your knee by preventing the large leg bones of your body from tracking in an anterior or posterior direction.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Seth Lake

For the sake of keeping the record straight, there has been nothing, but speculation that Legwand has a torn ACL.

Additionally, Trotz has ruled him out of tomorrow's game vs. Florida...