HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#30: Flyers @ Maple Leafs - Thursday, Dec. 9, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Mr Oysterhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersphreak View Post
why dont we just use leights?
They said on the broadcast last night that Leights has been feeling pain in his toes lately as a result of his back injury, IIRC. I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound like the best prognostication.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I think the Philly media sucks, but personally I think Bob has looked really average to semi-weak his last four or five starts. He is also still, in fact, a rookie prospect so it's not as if doubting whether or not he'll be a good goalie for us isn't valid. There are also still many concerns to be had about our goaltending at the NHL level this season as well.
I'm sorry, this is the second time I've seen you say this. What are you talking about? He's been more than average.

.879 .933 .885 .935 .933 .938

Personally, I think Philadelphia fans have unrealistic expectations for goaltenders and will never be happy no matter what. Just my opinion.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
They said on the broadcast last night that Leights has been feeling pain in his toes lately as a result of his back injury, IIRC. I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound like the best prognostication.
Ohh, ok then. I see. I couldn't watch games cause of school, but k. Thanks. Yeah doesn't sound very good though.

Krazed Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
I'm sorry, this is the second time I've seen you say this. What are you talking about? He's been more than average.

Personally, I think Philadelphia fans have unrealistic expectations for goaltenders and will never be happy no matter what. Just my opinion.
its not the goaltenders, its our team... Bob has said it himself, even if it's a win he is not happy if he lets in too many goals, he is an extremely above average goalie.

We don't just have unrealistic expectations, but the goalies come up super effing amazing and slowly, very slowly deteriorate, then jump up again.

Old
12-09-2010, 01:49 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

The team has been failing collectively, it's not just one player. Coaches and players are at fault

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
The team has been failing collectively, it's not just one player. Coaches and players are at fault
how so? what's been happening?

I feel quite lost..

Old
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:

I feel quite lost..
lack of discipline not being addressed effectively, PP and PK not being fixed, not playing a full 60 minute game

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
lack of discipline not being addressed effectively, PP and PK not being fixed, not playing a full 60 minute game
ugh, we had these things right at some point, then lost all of it. somewhat annoying. so thats why we lost? stupid pking?

Old
12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

From personal observations watching the games.

Leighton posted Vezina-caliber numbers with the team last year, but he's still a crappy goalie. So I don't see your point here.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:

I feel quite lost..
They take WAY to many Penatlies - they can't score an effin goal on the PP. When the team gets a ****ing lead, they wait, sit back on their heels and watch the game unravel. It's upsetting to say the least.

Where is the KILLER instinct?

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
They take WAY to many Penatlies - they can't score an effin goal on the PP. When the team gets a ****ing lead, they wait, sit back on their heels and watch the game unravel. It's upsetting to say the least.

Where is the KILLER instinct?
well this I somewhat know. I get updates from gamecenter. Last game we were winning 3-1 then I check my phone later and it says OT 4-4, then SO 5-4, and I was completely pissed off. I don't know of the pp though, cause I havent been able to watch.

Old
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Bob has been amazing. We can't finish on the PP - His stats are near tops in the league. He would be leading in wins by far if we could score on the PP AND close out ****ing games...

Quote:

Quote:
From personal observations watching the games.

Leighton posted Vezina-caliber numbers with the team last year, but he's still a crappy goalie. So I don't see your point here.

Point is below

reading>you.

Old
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Bob has been amazing. We can't finish on the PP - His stats are near tops in the league. He would be leading in wins by far if we could score on the PP AND close out ****ing games...

Point is below

reading>you.
Saying Bobrovsky has been average for several games is demanding too much? lol. If that's the case then you guys are way too over-protective of him.

I'll go over his last four or five games in detail if you guys want, but it would be a pain in the ass so I don't feel like doing it.

Old
12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Saying Bobrovsky has been average for several games is demanding too much? lol. If that's the case then you guys are way too over-protective of him.

I'll go over his last four or five games in detail if you guys want, but it would be a pain in the ass so I don't feel like doing it.
please do
break down EVERY goal against. I dare you - you'll be surprised to see I'd guess 60-75% of the pucks go past him be a tip or screen, and 10% be lack of D helping out. Do you watch games? Do you read articles bout the games? Do you listen to interviews with players?

Based on what you state - I'd predict NO.

We/I may seem over protective, sure. But you may be stupid or blind to say that we have an above average GK in the net.

Last edited by dingbathero: 12-09-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old
12-09-2010, 02:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I think the Philly media sucks, but personally I think Bob has looked really average to semi-weak his last four or five starts. He is also still, in fact, a rookie prospect so it's not as if doubting whether or not he'll be a good goalie for us isn't valid. There are also still many concerns to be had about our goaltending at the NHL level this season as well.
I know you keep saying this, but what do you want to do about it then? Its easy to keep saying that Bob is average (which in the NHL is fine, you dont need a super goalie to be good), but really havent said a way to fix it...

Other then Thomas and maybe Price, no other goalie in the league has been significantly better then Bob has. Our defense hasnt been amazing like some are saying. Game in and game out, theyhave these lapses which shouldnt be there (small lapses are fine, leaving a guy sitting far post unmarked every game is not fine)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Average? No but he is not making those spectacular saves he did in 1st 10 games of the season. The most obvious is probably his glove. Seems like he drops the puck more often like Nitty used to do, he also gave up a soft goal or two in last 4-5 games.

He is not the reason we are losing games tough. I know you did not say he is but just making it clear. Trading for Rollie would be awesome right about now.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:20 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
The thing about Bob that worries me is he is having trouble saving the big wristers/slap shots. Seems like a lot of those are going in on Bob. But this is a long season.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
please do
break down EVERY goal against. I dare you - you'll be surprised to see I'd guess 60-75% of the pucks go past him be a tip or screen, and 10% be lack of D helping out.
Never said he let in a bunch of weak goals (although he has let in a few).

Quote:
Do you watch games? Do you read articles bout the games? Do you listen to interviews with players?

Based on what you state - I'd predict NO.
What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?

Anyways, I'm not a fan of people questioning my fanhood (and thus insulting it) and making large assumptions about me.
Quote:
We/I may seem over protective, sure. But you maybe stupid or blind to say that we have an above average GK in the net.
Thanks for showing a complete lack of reading comprehension. I said that he's been average the last four or five games, no that he's an average talent or has been average all season long.

If you can't even interpret what I'm saying correctly then I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I know you keep saying this, but what do you want to do about it then? Its easy to keep saying that Bob is average (which in the NHL is fine, you dont need a super goalie to be good), but really havent said a way to fix it...
When did I say we needed to fix it? Again, with people putting words in my mouth. I just made an observation that he's been average the last several games and I've made comments about goaltending still being a major concern this year. Never said we had to immediately do something.

Quote:
Other then Thomas and maybe Price, no other goalie in the league has been better then Bob has.
Stat-wise? Probably. That's still completely irrelevant to what I've been saying though.

Quote:
Our defense hasnt been amazing like some are saying. Game in and game out, theyhave these lapses which shouldnt be there (small lapses are fine, leaving a guy sitting far post unmarked every game is not fine)
Aside from ES scoring, I'm wishing the whole team would do better right about now.

Old
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Average? No but he is not making those spectacular saves he did in 1st 10 games of the season. The most obvious is probably his glove. Seems like he drops the puck more often like Nitty used to do, he also gave up a soft goal or two in last 4-5 games.

He is not the reason we are losing games tough. I know you did not say he is but just making it clear. Trading for Rollie would be awesome right about now.
I agree with you.

Old
12-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

We lose a couple of games and the goaltender is the first one to be blamed. How am i not surprised by philly fans.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:25 PM
AaronTrieu

i need a win to wash the bad taste from my mouth from last night.

i'm not going to panic over one game. we were on a hot streak, then cooled off. Hopefully we can play more consistently to avoid a meltdown.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:26 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Well the fact you are calling on BOB as being average will get people upset. Including me.

How has the team played the past 4-5 games?

To say that the GK has been average and not call out any other players or the team as a whole is senseless.

Old
12-09-2010, 02:28 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Well our D looked like **** at times last night.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
We lose a couple of games and the goaltender is the first one to be blamed. How am i not surprised by philly fans.
Don't know if you meant me, but I never called out Bob as a reason for losing in any recent games.

Quote:
Well the fact you are calling on BOB as being average will get people upset. Including me.
1) Again, your reading comprehension sucks. I said he's been average the last several games, not that he is an average talent or that his season as a whole has been average.

2) If you get "upset" over someone calling him out on an average game then you're really, really sensitive and somewhat narrow-minded.

Quote:
How has the team played the past 4-5 games?

To say that the GK has been average and not call out any other players or the team as a whole is senseless.
Yeah, because I've only mentioned Bobrovsky and I haven't criticized the rest of the team over the last several games.

*obvious sarcasm*

Old
12-09-2010, 02:33 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Well our D looked like **** at times last night.
At one point, in the third period, Therien said "Carle has been the Flyers' best defenseman tonight by far." I'm not so sure if that was complimentary to Carle as it was a denunciation against the rest of the crew.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote