HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd 2010-11 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Not sure the exact game he took over, but they are 0-9-1-0 in their last 10.

BTW, where did you see that quote from Holmgren about Leighton?
http://www.courierpo...n-Phantoms-loss

Old
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Maroon is scoring again. 2 G 1A in 5 games with Syracuse Crunch. Not bad considering he lost a few weeks.
cant believe Shooter traded this kid and recieved nothin in return. That is a travesty. This is a move that eventually can get a gm fired. all that maroon has ott offer and Shooter couldnt bury his pride and make it work.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I know you meant that as sarcasm (what else is new), but he has actually looked ALOT better then when he was on the 4th line. He is creating stuff and giving his linemates chances to score. Its just that the phantoms cant score. Even Paddock said he is happy with how Pither has progressed. He was too one dimensional in the beginning and has started to play a more two way game now.
He should be looking better playing with skilled players. Maybe just maybe the time on the 4th line helped him develop a better two way game. Maybe earlier in the year he didnt earn it ot be playing on a top line. That is all i was saying from the get go. However that cant be the case as he is just simply being under utilized.

Old
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Maroon is scoring again. 2 G 1A in 5 games with Syracuse Crunch. Not bad considering he lost a few weeks.
He may have been keeping in shape with a roller league.

Old
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
cant believe Shooter traded this kid and recieved nothin in return. That is a travesty. This is a move that eventually can get a gm fired. all that maroon has ott offer and Shooter couldnt bury his pride and make it work.
If Holmgren did not fired for not understanding the 35 plus rule or for running out of money 2 years ago and playing a couple of college kids then I think he may be safe over Maroon...

Old
12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
If Holmgren did not fired for not understanding the 35 plus rule or for running out of money 2 years ago and playing a couple of college kids then I think he may be safe over Maroon...
The understatement of the year. Holmgren is the safest GM in hockey, next to Bowman, Holland and Shero.

Pat who? What a maroon, a nin-cow-poop....

Old
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
I'm thinking his post had a wee bit of sarcasm.

Old
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

the joke

everyones heads

Old
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
ilovetheflyers8

The Flyers have applied to see if they could extend Leighton's stint in Adirondack by 2 days. The NHL is allowing it.
http://poststar.com/app/blogs/?cat=784

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...d_reserve.html
excerpt from the article-
Quote:
UPDATE (4:00 p.m.): The NHL has granted the Flyers permission to send Michael Leighton to Adirondack this weekend for two more games. Read more below.

-----

After playing in his first meaningful games since the Stanley Cup Final this weekend with the Adirondack Phantoms on a rehab assignment, Michael Leighton says he needs more time.

That’s why the Flyers asked the NHL for an extension this morning, allowing Leighton – who is still on the long-term injured reserve – to play another two games with the Phantoms this weekend to continue his rehab.

Old
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
CerpinTaxt

Ranford

So is this kid the real deal? 25 G, 22 A for 47 PTS in 29 GP. I dont know much bout the WHL, so is this pace good? How does the quality of competition compare between all the leagues of the CHL?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but Ranford seems like a huge steal for the second to last pick. Has his skating improved that much? He is still only 18, so its not like hes an over-ager. Are the Blazers stacked? Sorry for all the questions.

Old
12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Ill leave Chris to answer you (sorry already said it a few times) but Ill just say, he had a 12 game point streak broken last night.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
So is this kid the real deal? 25 G, 22 A for 47 PTS in 29 GP. I dont know much bout the WHL, so is this pace good? How does the quality of competition compare between all the leagues of the CHL?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but Ranford seems like a huge steal for the second to last pick. Has his skating improved that much? He is still only 18, so its not like hes an over-ager. Are the Blazers stacked? Sorry for all the questions.
Typically the WHL is lower scoring than the OHL and the Q, but they seem to be catching up (or the defense isn't as strong as usual).

In comparison, the OHL's top scorer has 51 pts in 27 games, the #2 has 49 pts in 30 games. The Q's top scorer has 60 pts in 32 games and the #2 has 47 pts in 31 games.

The Blazers aren't a powerhouse (14-14-1-1) and are sitting at 4th in the division, 8th in the conference. I haven't seen a WHL game this year, so I don't know if they're in a particularly tough division/conference or not, and I don't know how well or poorly his team is playing.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

To add to CharlieGirl's response and answer the question about Ranford's skating, he's gotten better, which makes me think he worked with a skating coach in the offseason, but he's still missing some significant explosion. His stride is still a bit sloppy, but he's got time to work on it. He also needs to work on his strength because, despite being pretty feisty, he can get pushed off the puck. He's still small, which is something to remember.

These three reasons are why he fell so far in the draft.

That said, he's not on a stacked team or even a good team. They're alright.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:25 PM
CerpinTaxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Typically the WHL is lower scoring than the OHL and the Q, but they seem to be catching up (or the defense isn't as strong as usual).

In comparison, the OHL's top scorer has 51 pts in 27 games, the #2 has 49 pts in 30 games. The Q's top scorer has 60 pts in 32 games and the #2 has 47 pts in 31 games.

The Blazers aren't a powerhouse (14-14-1-1) and are sitting at 4th in the division, 8th in the conference. I haven't seen a WHL game this year, so I don't know if they're in a particularly tough division/conference or not, and I don't know how well or poorly his team is playing.
ah okay. thanks for answering my questions.

Old
12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
CerpinTaxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
To add to CharlieGirl's response and answer the question about Ranford's skating, he's gotten better, which makes me think he worked with a skating coach in the offseason, but he's still missing some significant explosion. His stride is still a bit sloppy, but he's got time to work on it. He also needs to work on his strength because, despite being pretty feisty, he can get pushed off the puck. He's still small, which is something to remember.

These three reasons are why he fell so far in the draft.

That said, he's not on a stacked team or even a good team. They're alright.
Ah okay. Cool.

So best expectation might be scoring winger, or 3rd line grinder who will pot in the occassional goal?

Old
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
Ah okay. Cool.

So best expectation might be scoring winger, or 3rd line grinder who will pot in the occassional goal?
I think he is a top 6 winger or bust type of prospect.

I don't see him doing much grinding with no upper body strength or skating ability.

Old
12-09-2010, 12:21 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I think he is a top 6 winger or bust type of prospect.

I don't see him doing much grinding with no upper body strength or skating ability.
He's also 18 years old, so there's still lots of time for him to grow into his body and gain upper strength and correct the perceived skating issues.

To be honest, Ranford's skating is no worse than Steve Downie's was at the same age. The one thing about Ranford though is that he has a work ethic that's second to none. For that very reason, the skating shouldn't be much of an issue in a year or two from now.

Fact is, the guy has hands that simply can't be taught. If the team is patient with Ranford, he could very well be a top six forward in the future. I'd say that right now, if he continues developing accordingly, he's about 3 to 4 seasons away from contributing to the big club. But the team is going to need to be patient with him.

Old
12-09-2010, 01:01 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I will say that it's looking pretty good for our forward core long-term.

Carter and Richards locked up.
Giroux semi-locked up.
vanRiemsdyk getting better and better.
Nodl coming out as if he'd been doing this all along.
Wellwood throwing out some good signs.

Plus we got a high-scoring wildcard in Ranford to go along with a 1st in the 2011 draft.

Toss in Holmstrom, Testwuide, Legein, Pither, Rinaldo, and Kalinski as some possibilities, and we're looking alright. Not perfect, but alright.

Old
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM
jb**

Quote:
I will say that it's looking pretty good for our forward core long-term.

Carter and Richards locked up.
Giroux semi-locked up.
vanRiemsdyk getting better and better.
Nodl coming out as if he'd been doing this all along.
Wellwood throwing out some good signs.

Plus we got a high-scoring wildcard in Ranford to go along with a 1st in the 2011 draft.

Toss in Holmstrom, Testwuide, Legein, Pither, Rinaldo, and Kalinski as some possibilities, and we're looking alright. Not perfect, but alright.
plus all those great d prospects lead by the great gus and the finn. You da man Cliff. Wellwood is your new boy, i think Maroon now feels slighted. You paint a rosey picture Cliff. .

Old
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
plus all those great d prospects lead by the great gus and the finn. You da man Cliff. Wellwood is your new boy, i think Maroon now feels slighted. You paint a rosey picture Cliff. .
what exactly are you doing here. Go troll somewhere else

Old
12-09-2010, 04:51 PM
boodangleroo28

I know its early but anyone have some good prospects in mind to discuss for the 2011 draft, barring we actually keep our first this year...should be about the 30th pick

Old
12-09-2010, 05:05 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
I know its early but anyone have some good prospects in mind to discuss for the 2011 draft, barring we actually keep our first this year...should be about the 30th pick
We don't know where we're picking, anywhere from 15th through 30th, probably somewhere late in the 1st to say the least.

Austen Brassard, Nicklas Jensen, Brett Ritchie, or Colin Jacobs would be nice; basically a solid forward, preferably a winger, with size.

Gabriel Landeskog, Seth Ambroz, Joel Armia, or Sean Couturier would be ideal, but that's a bit of a stretch unless we feel like tanking.

Old
12-09-2010, 05:30 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told we didn't have our first because of the pronger deal?

Old
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told we didn't have our first because of the pronger deal?
Pronger deal:

Pronger + Dingle

for

Lupul + 2008 1st (Sbisa) + 2009 1st (Palmieri) + 2010 1st (Etem) + Conditional 3rd

We still have our 2011 1st. We just don't have our 2011 or 2012 2nd.

Old
12-09-2010, 09:19 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
We don't know where we're picking, anywhere from 15th through 30th, probably somewhere late in the 1st to say the least.

Austen Brassard, Nicklas Jensen, Brett Ritchie, or Colin Jacobs would be nice; basically a solid forward, preferably a winger, with size.

Gabriel Landeskog, Seth Ambroz, Joel Armia, or Sean Couturier would be ideal, but that's a bit of a stretch unless we feel like tanking.
A bit? Couturier and Landeskog are top 5 locks, with Couturier going 1st overall if I'm the Islanders, and Armia is a top 10 lock.

Closed Thread