Joe Thorton

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2005, 03:48 AM
kolanos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine_head_2002
only way i could see the bruins considering trading big Joe to calgary is if we offered up phauef with one of our middle-top range forwards (reinprecht, langkow) with a pick. would certainly be nice to see him playing alongside jarome but like someone else mentioned it is a total pipe dream.
I'd rather trade Iginla than Phaneuf at this point.

Old
06-08-2005, 08:37 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
and a 6'4 Naslund would rival Jagr.

I'm done with this though. I won't argue with someone who insists Palffy is a better offensive player today because he had more points than Naslund eight years ago.
So because Naslund has more points in the last 4 years than makes him a betetr offensive player? Well Naslund also has mroe points in the last 4 years than Peter Forsberg and Jagr...does that mean he is more pure offensively skilled than those guys as well? I do not think so..just goes to show the flaw in your logic.

Old
06-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
So because Naslund has more points in the last 4 years than makes him a betetr offensive player? Well Naslund also has mroe points in the last 4 years than Peter Forsberg and Jagr...does that mean he is more pure offensively skilled than those guys as well? I do not think so..just goes to show the flaw in your logic.

Palffy's never played with Bertuzzi either. This should have some bearing...he did carry LA on his back for a time. I don't know if he's as good offensively as Naslund but I wouldn't bet against him putting up more points given the right situation. Ziggy has had some amazing flashes during his time in LA.

Old
06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
i disagree. although naslund as a whole is not better than forsberg, over the last four years, i think its safe to say he's been the better player. numbers dont lie.

Old
06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
i doubt joe wants to live in Calgary, no offence

Reasons?? Calgary is beautiful...what makes it any less appealing to live there than Boston? Don't say endorsements please.

Old
06-09-2005, 05:54 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
numbers dont lie.
They should be higher when your playing a good chunk of games mroe than Forsberg and a breakout Bertuzzi.

Old
06-10-2005, 10:02 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
i disagree. although naslund as a whole is not better than forsberg, over the last four years, i think its safe to say he's been the better player. numbers dont lie.
Naslund is not better than Forsberg. Naslund has a good nose for the net and a great offensive arsenal but Forsberg creates chances out of nothing. Also, Forsberg's versatile and therefore unpredictable. Every defender knows Naslund's gonna be in that right hand side boards on the powerplay. Nobody knows if Floppa will be manning the point, in front of the net, behind the net, or along the boards.

Naslund has produced more in the last four years than Forsberg, and in all likelihood will continue to outproduce in goal scoring, but Forsberg when healthy is the best player in the NHL.

I'd take Jagr over Naslund as well, but I'd still take Naslund before Palffy. For the Canucks it's obvious, but if I was any other team's fan (except maybe LA) I'd still like Naslund more.

I just looked at the thread title.. has this derailed or what?

Closed Thread