HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe Thorton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2005, 03:48 AM
  #26
kolanos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine_head_2002
only way i could see the bruins considering trading big Joe to calgary is if we offered up phauef with one of our middle-top range forwards (reinprecht, langkow) with a pick. would certainly be nice to see him playing alongside jarome but like someone else mentioned it is a total pipe dream.
I'd rather trade Iginla than Phaneuf at this point.

kolanos is offline  
Old
06-08-2005, 08:37 AM
  #27
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
and a 6'4 Naslund would rival Jagr.

I'm done with this though. I won't argue with someone who insists Palffy is a better offensive player today because he had more points than Naslund eight years ago.
So because Naslund has more points in the last 4 years than makes him a betetr offensive player? Well Naslund also has mroe points in the last 4 years than Peter Forsberg and Jagr...does that mean he is more pure offensively skilled than those guys as well? I do not think so..just goes to show the flaw in your logic.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
06-09-2005, 10:23 AM
  #28
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
So because Naslund has more points in the last 4 years than makes him a betetr offensive player? Well Naslund also has mroe points in the last 4 years than Peter Forsberg and Jagr...does that mean he is more pure offensively skilled than those guys as well? I do not think so..just goes to show the flaw in your logic.



Palffy's never played with Bertuzzi either. This should have some bearing...he did carry LA on his back for a time. I don't know if he's as good offensively as Naslund but I wouldn't bet against him putting up more points given the right situation. Ziggy has had some amazing flashes during his time in LA.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Old
06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
  #29
Mat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Magnetomountaineer
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
So because Naslund has more points in the last 4 years than makes him a betetr offensive player? Well Naslund also has mroe points in the last 4 years than Peter Forsberg and Jagr...does that mean he is more pure offensively skilled than those guys as well? I do not think so..just goes to show the flaw in your logic.
i disagree. although naslund as a whole is not better than forsberg, over the last four years, i think its safe to say he's been the better player. numbers dont lie.

Mat is offline  
Old
06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
  #30
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
i doubt joe wants to live in Calgary, no offence


Reasons?? Calgary is beautiful...what makes it any less appealing to live there than Boston? Don't say endorsements please.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Old
06-09-2005, 05:54 PM
  #31
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
numbers dont lie.
They should be higher when your playing a good chunk of games mroe than Forsberg and a breakout Bertuzzi.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
06-10-2005, 10:02 AM
  #32
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
i disagree. although naslund as a whole is not better than forsberg, over the last four years, i think its safe to say he's been the better player. numbers dont lie.
Naslund is not better than Forsberg. Naslund has a good nose for the net and a great offensive arsenal but Forsberg creates chances out of nothing. Also, Forsberg's versatile and therefore unpredictable. Every defender knows Naslund's gonna be in that right hand side boards on the powerplay. Nobody knows if Floppa will be manning the point, in front of the net, behind the net, or along the boards.

Naslund has produced more in the last four years than Forsberg, and in all likelihood will continue to outproduce in goal scoring, but Forsberg when healthy is the best player in the NHL.

I'd take Jagr over Naslund as well, but I'd still take Naslund before Palffy. For the Canucks it's obvious, but if I was any other team's fan (except maybe LA) I'd still like Naslund more.

I just looked at the thread title.. has this derailed or what?

kmad is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.