HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post #470: Zherdev lower body injury, not likely to play January 6th

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Post #470: Zherdev lower body injury, not likely to play January 6th

Hey guys Rangers fan here, I come in peace. I haven't been able to watch any Flyers games so far this year, and was wondering what you all thought about z? I see he has 9 goals and one assist on the season, but was wondering how his play has been? I'm curious if he changed his game since going to the KHL. Has he seemed motivated? Or his usual disappearing reappearing act. Thanks ahead of time guys! And LETS GO RANGERS!

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-05-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old
12-10-2010, 12:29 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
he lit it up in the pre season, but has been really up and down since. He has a lot of bad KHL habits that he needs to break them

Old
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Larry44

I like the way Zherdev's been playing, for the most part. He's got amazing skill, and he takes the body more than I expected. Loved the couple big runs he took at Chara a few games back. He backchecks too, so it seems like he's getting what's expected of him.

He's still finding his way in the deep lineup and in Laviolette's system, but I really like the explosive potential and goal scoring ability he offers. In a tight playoff game, his gamebreaking ability might make a huge difference.

And he's made a lot of great plays, unfinished by his linemates, which accounts for the lack of assists. I'm sure it'll even out over the course of the year.

Old
12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Cartsiephan*

He does not fit into the group they have. Ironically he is most productive on the 4th line. At this point he should be shopped in a trade, you do not win Stanley Cups with this type of player taking significant minutes and most likely he would disappear due to his inability to play at a high level in tight quarters which the playoffs usually operate under.

Old
12-10-2010, 12:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

He has been alright. His lazy play from before when he played in the NHL is still around. At times he can dazzle you with the puck, but when you want him to make the easy pass in the offensive zone, he tries going around 2-3 players and loses the puck. Over a time, that can get really annoying.

His inconsistently has made Lavy switch him between the 3rd line and 4th line.

Old
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

H tries to do to much all on his own. He thinks he can beat all five skaters on the other team to often. He likes to do pretty spins but often looses the puck doing so.

Old
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I like the way Zherdev's been playing, for the most part. He's got amazing skill, and he takes the body more than I expected. Loved the couple big runs he took at Chara a few games back. He backchecks too, so it seems like he's getting what's expected of him.

He's still finding his way in the deep lineup and in Laviolette's system, but I really like the explosive potential and goal scoring ability he offers. In a tight playoff game, his gamebreaking ability might make a huge difference.

And he's made a lot of great plays, unfinished by his linemates, which accounts for the lack of assists. I'm sure it'll even out over the course of the year.
A couple of things here, watch him play, he is a blueline hanger. He circles the blueline waiting for the outlet, his backchecking is better than I thought, but for significant minutes on a playoff team in a tight game he is riding the bench. Problem with tight playoff games is they are not wide open games unless you are playing the Caps.

They are won by the battles along the boards and in front of the net. It is a tighter checking, more physical type game, thus why players who prefer the wide open style do not fare well in these types of games. Other teams now how to figure you out and apply their theory in game situations.

Old
12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Flyers2112

unreal natural skill, good skater, not afraid to use his size. Just seems to float more often than not and let others do most of the dirty work, he'd rather wait in the open and be fed the puck. Thats one thing I believe Lavy can't stand is his unwillingness to compete! If this guy had the heart of Ritchy or Prongs for eg., he could and would score fifty. It would help to if he kept playing with guys like Carts or Giroux, but he really needs to earn it yet imo.....

Old
12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
H tries to do to much all on his own. He thinks he can beat all five skaters on the other team to often. He likes to do pretty spins but often looses the puck doing so.

Vera in 5-4-3-2-.....

Old
12-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Vera in 5-4-3-2-.....

Old
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I think he's slowly starting to get it. He's been more active in games recently, when it seemed like he spent most of his time waiting to be given the puck earlier in the season.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
disappearing reappearing act

Old
12-10-2010, 01:18 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I may get flamed for this but I really don't like him very much. I've never been a fan of floaters or streaky players and he seems to have some of both. I think he is the kind of guy that if we had a few key injuries and he had quite a bit more playing time I might come around to liking him, but on this team as it stands right now I just can't seem to excited about him. He does 6 or 7 amazing moves in pretty much any 3 game stretch but for the most part seems irrelevant.
He is the kind of guy that strikes me as a liability in the playoffs if he isn't on huge hotstreak at the time. I guess thats not a fair assessment yet but thats how I feel.

I'm not saying he is Pavel Brendl, but there are 10 forwards on this team I like better than him.

What I like:
he can finish
he can dangle

What I don't like:
effort, especially on the backcheck
defensive anything
seems whiny (at least the media makes him out to be but Timmy P seems to hate him so I take it with a grain of salt.)
selfish play

Old
12-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think he's slowly starting to get it. He's been more active in games recently, when it seemed like he spent most of his time waiting to be given the puck earlier in the season.
Supposedly he is a good passer, I think I have seen it only once though. He also skates around trying to break down the defense BY HIMSELF, which does not help because everyone else is just floating around waiting. As I have said, his best shifts are on the 4th line where he just carries the puck and shoots. Pretty simple to defend in the playoffs.

Old
12-10-2010, 01:38 PM
whskybarJM

he has been trying to drag the puck around people to much....

Old
12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

It sounds like Zherdev of the Rangers and CBJ. The guy has soooooo much skill its ridiculous. But he just doesn't have the compete level. It's sad to, cause like some one stated above, If he could find the will, he could be a 50 goal scorer. I was a big fan of when the Rangers traded for him. But by then end of his time with the Rangers, I was happy to see him go. So sad. Thanks again guys!

Old
12-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
he has been trying to drag the puck around people to much....
He loves that damn toe drag lol.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
MsWoof

He just doesn't have the hockey sense to go along with his talent. I think he's trying hard but isn't getting it.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
He just doesn't have the hockey sense to go along with his talent. I think he's trying hard but isn't getting it.
I think he has a good feel for the game, he just lacks the necessary toughness and mental makeup to become more dynamic. Z is very satisfied with playing a finesse perimeter game, which works alright in European leagues, but it doesn't work here. If you want to be a successful player in NA you need to drive the net and play a North-South style. He just needs some balls.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
04' hockey

hmmmmmmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I think he has a good feel for the game, he just lacks the necessary toughness and mental makeup to become more dynamic. Z is very satisfied with playing a finesse perimeter game, which works alright in European leagues, but it doesn't work here. If you want to be a successful player in NA you need to drive the net and play a North-South style. He just needs some balls.
sounds alot like Reemer

Old
12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
sounds alot like Reemer

Well to Reemer's credit hes done a better job with going to the net lately, but I don't know if he'll ever be the net presence he could, or should be.

Old
12-10-2010, 02:31 PM
whskybarJM

im sorry i just cant hold it back anymore...

F new york

Old
12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
im sorry i just cant hold it back anymore...

F new york
LOL its all good buddy, were supposed to hate each other!

Old
12-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Supposedly he is a good passer, I think I have seen it only once though. He also skates around trying to break down the defense BY HIMSELF, which does not help because everyone else is just floating around waiting. As I have said, his best shifts are on the 4th line where he just carries the puck and shoots. Pretty simple to defend in the playoffs.
You're right. And you know what's bad about that? It's still an improvement over the beginning of the season.

Old
12-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
He loves that damn toe drag lol.
I am surprised he has not been knocked back to Moscow on that move, guys see it enough and if you timed it right someone could put a shoulder right in his chest and send him right on his rear.

Closed Thread