HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If your team wins the Draft LOttery, would you trade Crosby?

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Badger Bob

vCash: 500
If Calgary won the #1 pick, it would be insane to at least not entertain offers. Crosby would never fit under the current payroll. The aspect is that any package would be enough to fill any remaining holes on the roster to compete for the Cup.

Two previous trades should used as guides:

1.) Brett Hull from Calgary to St. Louis brought players who contributed important roles toward the '89 Cup. Was it worth giving up a player who would become one of the game's all-time great scorers? Think so.

2.) Eric Lindros from Quebec to Philadelphia. This trade began the Nords/Avs franchise emergence into elite status. In hindsight, Forsberg, alone, was more valuable than Lindros.

Crosby is an unproven commodity, above the junior level. Before anybody gets all charged up, he just might become everything that's said. Then again, he might not be the Next One. He's a scorer, but will he be a leader? A winner? These types of players don't always guarantee success for their teams. With the economics, they way they are, it's easy to see one superstar contract being an albatross for a team like Calgary, even with a new CBA eventually in place.

If you could get something along the lines to solidify the lineup and prepare for any potential Iginla departure, while competing for the Cup during the interim, it wouldn't make sense to not attempt a deal.

Old
06-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Path Of The Beserker
Greasy Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
detroit would never ever do that, who would crosby have to play with him? grigorenko, hudler or filpulla? no dice
do you guys read these posts or just look at the player names?
it says kronwall + datsyuk OR zetterberg+ and your telling me detroit wouldnt think about a deal of, there are teams that WOULD offer more than this
kronwall, datsyuk +extra goodies
or
kronwall, zetterberg +extra goodies
?? If thats the case then its a good thing none of us are running franchises

Old
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
DARKSIDE

If the Devs were to get first pick, I call Buffalo and ask for Vaneck, Stafford and their first. I also like the Chicago deal that was proposed. And I'm not exactly sure teams would even consider trading 2 blue chippers and first round for Crosby.

Old
06-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Flamin Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
I definately would consider that offer! I don't know if Chicago would tho. Five possible great players for one amazing player. What happens if Crosby gets seriously injured? What are the chances that the five players on the return would be injured all at once. Anyways..to each their own.
To Calgary- Calder, Bell, Barker, 1st in 05, 1st in 07
To Chicago- Crosby

I would probobly be happy with an offer like this. I don't kmow how the Hawks feel but.....

Old
06-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
Datsyuk and Zetterberg combined are good for what? 111PTS?

Who doesn't think that Crosby will be capable of atleast 100PTS at some point in his career? Especially when you consider potential rule changes.

And to be fair, neither Datsyuk or Zetterberg are very big -- hell, Forsberg isn't very big either.
Datsyuk is good for 80-95 points soon so I guess your telling me in the future Zetterberg will only be worth 15-30 points, wow! Combined there good for at least 140 points probably more and if you do consider potentiol rule changes Datsyuk could put up even more!

Old
06-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I would take something along these lines:

Frolov, Gleason, Grebeshkov, 2nd

Old
06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Send a message via MSN to GBG BLEED BLUE
Me being a Leafs fan

No i would not trade Crosby and ya of course he would not be a top scorer in the Eastern Conference in his first few seasons in the NHL ( i would think) but he would get better ansd better as he plays more games in the NHL, I also think that he would be a good fit with all of those vets like Sundin,Roberts,Leech,Niewyndyk Ect. If the right deal was put on the table for him then maybe I would trade him.

Old
06-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin Homer
To Calgary- Calder, Bell, Barker, 1st in 05, 1st in 07
To Chicago- Crosby

I would probobly be happy with an offer like this. I don't kmow how the Hawks feel but.....
As a Fellow flames fan i have to ask where your getting your dope from?

No way in hell would any team give that up for one player...even Gretzky didn't bring that kind of deal back.

Old
06-09-2005, 07:49 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
No way in hell would any team give that up for one player...even Gretzky didn't bring that kind of deal back.
Please see the Lindros trade.

Old
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Flamin Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
As a Fellow flames fan i have to ask where your getting your dope from?

O.k so take out Bell and the 1st in 07 and replace that with a second in 05 and 06???? Does that make it any better?

Old
06-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
Would that still happen, or more to the point, would something like that still happen? Given hindsight on how that deal played out, I'm not sure an owner/GM would be willing to make a similar offer. Seriously, you think any GM considering trading up doesn't know that fallout from the Lindros deal and the risks involved? For that reason, any offer would be less substantial. And for that reason, I don't think we'll see Crosby dealt by whomever gets the #1.

Old
06-09-2005, 02:41 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassés
Would that still happen, or more to the point, would something like that still happen? Given hindsight on how that deal played out, I'm not sure an owner/GM would be willing to make a similar offer. Seriously, you think any GM considering trading up doesn't know that fallout from the Lindros deal and the risks involved? For that reason, any offer would be less substantial. And for that reason, I don't think we'll see Crosby dealt by whomever gets the #1.
With all the hype surrounding this kid and with the state of the league being what it is - I think a team would offer up something similar to the Lindros deal, at least in player assests. I don't think cash would be involved.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that my team or any team should offer something like that but coming off a missed season I think alot of organizations would be willing to sacrafice quite a bit to obtain the rights - or better yet - the hype that this kid would generate in their particular market. Crosby would instantly generate interest and more importantly he would increase season ticket sales substantially.

At a minimum this is what I think it would take to get his rights: two 1st rounders, two under 25 years old NHL ready players and a top flight propsect.

Example:
Chicago two 1st rounders, Ruutu, Barker and Babchuk
Florida two 1st rounders, Bouwmeester, Weiss and Stewart
Columbus two 1st rounders, Zherdev, Klesla and Fritsche

Its definitely a helluva alot for one guy but under the present circumstances I think something like the above is what it would take.

Old
06-09-2005, 07:13 PM
HockeyMan9

Quote:
And that's exactly why I think Columbus is more likely to trade the first overall pick if they get it than to trade for it if they don't.

Something like Carter-Pitkanen-1st '05 would be a start for what it would take, but i don't think Philly would do it after the Lindros deal.

Old
06-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
With all the hype surrounding this kid and with the state of the league being what it is - I think a team would offer up something similar to the Lindros deal, at least in player assests. I don't think cash would be involved.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that my team or any team should offer something like that but coming off a missed season I think alot of organizations would be willing to sacrafice quite a bit to obtain the rights - or better yet - the hype that this kid would generate in their particular market. Crosby would instantly generate interest and more importantly he would increase season ticket sales substantially.

At a minimum this is what I think it would take to get his rights: two 1st rounders, two under 25 years old NHL ready players and a top flight propsect.

Example:

Its definitely a helluva alot for one guy but under the present circumstances I think something like the above is what it would take.
Each of those deals would be insane for either of them to make, considering they each have good prospects and should be on the rise. Offering all that would be shooting yourself in the foot.

Old
06-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
I,m sure Philly is still sick!
Quote:
O.k so take out Bell and the 1st in 07 and replace that with a second in 05 and 06???? Does that make it any better?
Closer but i still not sure i would do it,as a Flames fan would you give up Kobasew,Phaneuf,a 1st and 2 seconds for Crosby?

Nah,keep him i say.

Old
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Flamin Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
I,m sure Philly is still sick!

Closer but i still not sure i would do it,as a Flames fan would you give up Kobasew,Phaneuf,a 1st and 2 seconds for Crosby?

Nah,keep him i say.
I'm probably one of the few guys who can honestly say "I don't care if we get him or not". Would I like to have? Sure but I will not lose any sleep over it. until this year, we were not even going to get a chance at Crosby. Now that we have a chance to get him why not test the waters and see if a team is going to give you the trade that could make your team a contender for many years to come ala Quebec/Colorado? to answer your question though..no I personally wouldn't do this deal but you never know whats going to happen.

Old
06-10-2005, 11:00 AM
joepeps

Quote:
I'm probably one of the few guys who can honestly say "I don't care if we get him or not". Would I like to have? Sure but I will not lose any sleep over it. until this year, we were not even going to get a chance at Crosby. Now that we have a chance to get him why not test the waters and see if a team is going to give you the trade that could make your team a contender for many years to come ala Quebec/Colorado? to answer your question though..no I personally wouldn't do this deal but you never know whats going to happen.

I don't get people sometimes....
Hockey is a team game.. 5 players and1 goalie on the ice...

just because you have Crosby doesn't mean your going far....

and if yu get an offer for a good young center rw lw d man or goalie... you take it...

4 really good players is better than 1 "POTENTIAL SUPERSTAR"

HONESTLY I WOULD TAKE 4 DOUG GILMOUR'S OVER 1 WAYNE GRETZKY anyday of the week....

Old
06-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:

Example:

If i was lucky enough to have the Crosby pick and...

Chigaco offered Ruutu and Barker, i would take it and run
Florida offered Weiss and J'Bo, i would take it and run
Columbus offered Zherdev and Klesla... i would probably ask for the pick, but would be interested.

The prices that some are talking for Crosby here are ridiculous.

Old
06-10-2005, 12:00 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
The prices that some are talking for Crosby here are ridiculous.
Rediculous hype = rediculous trade demands.

Like I said, I wouldn't make the trade personally but this is just what I think it would take to get a team to trade the pick. In fact, if the hockey gods grant Columbus the #1 pick I would be more inclined to trade it than keep it especially if someone offered what I listed.

..but then again, I am more interested in winning championships (sooner rather than later) than obtaining the rights to the greatest prospect since Lindros.

Old
06-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Flamin Homer

Quote:
Rediculous hype = rediculous trade demands.

Like I said, I wouldn't make the trade personally but this is just what I think it would take to get a team to trade the pick. In fact, if the hockey gods grant Columbus the #1 pick I would be more inclined to trade it than keep it especially if someone offered what I listed.

..but then again, I am more interested in winning championships (sooner rather than later) than obtaining the rights to the greatest prospect since Lindros.
Some body is going to make a serious pitch for Crosby thats just the facts. he is going to be a very solid player at this level but I am not convinced he will be a GREAT player. I could very well be wrong.

Old
06-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Jesus, i wish some of you would get Crosby so my habs could offer such a low offer (while others are too much).

From a Detroit point of view, i'd send Zetterberg +Kronwall for Crosby happily. Heck! i'd even pay the airplane to send them to you.

Old
06-10-2005, 06:36 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'd probably tinkle myself if Phoenix could land Frolov, Brown, Garon, and an '05 2nd rounder from LA in exchange for Crosby and Brian Savage (yes, they have to take him ). If Brett Hull retired, I would consider our roster very very competative.

First three lines:
Frolov-Comrie-Doan
Nagy-Nedved-Brown
Saprykin-Ricci-M.Johnson (skill and grit on every line)

Mix and match:
Nash-Kolanos-Cleary
Chimera-Devereaux-Rupp
Sjostrom-Taffe-Doull (thats alot to choose from)

Defense:
Morris-Gauthier
Mara-Hulse
Tanabe-O'Donnell
Ballard-Spiller (nice mix of offensive and defensive d-men)

Pick a Goalie (At least one of these guys will break-out):
LeNevue
Garon
Boucher
B.Johnson

San Jose who???

IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN THOUGH.

Old
06-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Flamin Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I'd probably tinkle myself if Phoenix could land Frolov, Brown, Garon, and an '05 2nd rounder from LA in exchange for Crosby and Brian Savage (yes, they have to take him ). If Brett Hull retired, I would consider our roster very very competative.

First three lines:
Frolov-Comrie-Doan
Nagy-Nedved-Brown
Saprykin-Ricci-M.Johnson (skill and grit on every line)

Mix and match:
Nash-Kolanos-Cleary
Chimera-Devereaux-Rupp
Sjostrom-Taffe-Doull (thats alot to choose from)

Defense:
Morris-Gauthier
Mara-Hulse
Tanabe-O'Donnell
Ballard-Spiller (nice mix of offensive and defensive d-men)

Pick a Goalie (At least one of these guys will break-out):
LeNevue
Garon
Boucher
B.Johnson

San Jose who???

IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN THOUGH.

After going through the pain of watching Saprykin, what part does he fill on the 3rd line??? Sorry to give up Gauthier but LMAO when I found out Sappy was going as well. Looking forward to seeing Langkow.

Old
06-10-2005, 06:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
After going through the pain of watching Saprykin, what part does he fill on the 3rd line??? Sorry to give up Gauthier but LMAO when I found out Sappy was going as well. Looking forward to seeing Langkow.
I haven't seen too much of Saprykin (only his games against Phoenix and in the playoffs) but if you don't like him on the third line you can replace him with Sjostrom, Rupp, Chimera, or Cleary.

Closed Thread