HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks recall D Ryan Parent from AHL's Manitoba Moose.

Old
12-10-2010, 05:56 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
gonna be hard for Parent to rebuild his broken confidence sitting in the press box most nights. but if he can get in a lot of solid practice time really learning the system, he'll be a fantastic depth guy to have around for a long season and deep run. if he can even get close to his potential over the next year or two, bonus. as it stands, i think that once he gets comfortable with the way the Canucks play, he'll be a good, defensively safe depth option who isn't a complete sloth when it comes to getting around on the ice. didn't look too bad at all in most of his brief stint, and that was while admittedly unfamiliar with the systems and players here.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 06:23 PM
whoshouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
gonna be hard for Parent to rebuild his broken confidence sitting in the press box most nights. but if he can get in a lot of solid practice time really learning the system, he'll be a fantastic depth guy to have around for a long season and deep run. if he can even get close to his potential over the next year or two, bonus. as it stands, i think that once he gets comfortable with the way the Canucks play, he'll be a good, defensively safe depth option who isn't a complete sloth when it comes to getting around on the ice. didn't look too bad at all in most of his brief stint, and that was while admittedly unfamiliar with the systems and players here.
I completely agree with your post, but i just wanted to mention that Parent's speed and skating is one of his best attributes. He's pretty much the opposite of a sloth.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote