HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Too little too late (Habs lose 4-2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
I don't understand JM. Spacek plays like **** for 3 months and keeps his regular shift. Andrei has a one "bad" game and he gets benched. This guy is one of the purest goal scorer on this team and he gets benched when the team needs a goal.

Why the **** doesn't put Spacek in the freaking box and let Weber play with either Hamrlik or Picard so both Weber and Subban can play.
Kostitsyn played in the 3rd with no emergency in his play , let's see how he react tommorrow

Old
GoodKiwi

Definitely proud of our team even in a loss. If there's a way to lose, it's like this - roaring back and trying to tie it up.

What stings are all the offensive zone penalties in the first, especially the one by Cammalleri. Still angry about it.

Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
Therrien is sick tonight.
I kinda figured out when I posted that.

Thanks for the info.

Old
Randomhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teztify View Post
0-8-0 when entering the third trailing.
Although, this time we almost got it back. If it wasn't for Howard's heroics, Subban would've potted the tying goal. I don't know what's up with this team, but we very rarely play a good second period, and that's why we're losing when we lose, often times. A GREAT third period by the guys though, so at least we have momentum from that going into the game tomorrow.
The first save was heroic. If Subban had jumped in on the rebound a second earlier and had 2 hands on the stick, he would have probably scored. Oh well.

Old
BJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Martin ruins Subban, half the player he was before the 3 game banishment. No talking, no rushes up ice, no 360's, no nothing anymore. Yessa Massa boss man sir, eys won't do nutin at all anymore massa. I play your game massa sir.
He seemed pretty comfortable leaving his feet AGAIN, in the CREASE, killing a penalty and knocking down his D partner. Oh, and he managed to miss the puck during his slide, AGAIN.

Old
12-10-2010, 08:59 PM
sheed36

The Habs never quit and almost tied it in the 3rd.. I love the never say die effort tonight from the Habs..

I'm not gonna say the refs cost the Habs the game tonight BUT they certainly didn't do them any favors in the 3rd either.. I'll just say it was a very poorly officiated game with the Habs coming out on the short end on the scoreboard and with the calls or lack thereof from the officials..

Hopefully the Habs have something left for the Leafs tomorrow after that great effort in the 3rd tonight...

Old
Aznrx8

First game we let 4 goals in (in regulation)

Old
Guilliam

Dany Dubé was on CKAC calling the refs out! he very rarely does that.

You know the reffing was awful when Dany is saying he was furious! (hors de lui)

Old
12-10-2010, 09:01 PM
TomPlex

**** I'm so sick of this "to be honest, we weren't the better team for the majority of the night" mentality.

Do some of you just not understand how momentum goes? These people are HUMAN. Tides of momentum affect them.

The refs SINGLE-HANDEDLY decided the outcome of this game. We were playing pretty ****ing well for the majority of the first until the penalties started.

And don't get me wrong, all of them were penalties (with the exception of Gionta's which has still yet to be proven to me, I still haven't seen a replay showing that we had 6 men on the ice and I find it extremely hard to believe that a guy with Gionta's smarts who was CLEARLY watching the play behind him to make sure that it wouldn't be a too-many-men call would still take a penalty). The problem comes when you miss a blatant penalty on Rafalski and then put the whistle away in the 3rd when we're actually dominating. There should've been AT LEAST 5 PPs for the Habs in the 3rd with the way the refs were calling this one.

My point is, we easily could've been the better team in this one as shown by the first 10 or so minutes and by the 3rd. When you get 5 penalties in a row, it changes the way you play.

1) Your best players are tired from the PKing.
2) Your scorers aren't "in it" because they haven't played in 40 or so minutes (stoppages, intermission...). This was proven on the 2nd goal when Eller's line was on for a GA. They were flat out there.
3) You have no cohesion because everyone's level of focus is off because of the score.

Put it this way: we DOMINATED the Devils 5-1 in NJ. Do you HONESTLY not think that the first 2 minutes of that game didn't dictate the score and the level of domination? Don't you think that it would've been a MUCH closer game if we hadn't scored those 2 goals right away?

**** you, refs.

/rant

Old
12-10-2010, 09:01 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznrx8 View Post
First game we let 4 goals in (in regulation)
That may be true but Price has still never let in 4 goals in regulation.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post

You know the reffing was awful when Dany is saying he was furious! (hors de lui)
Not the first time he does that actually.
The Refs were awful. You don't give 5 penalties to one team in one period, and then in the third when they dominate 19-3 in the shots and the other team could have about 10 penalties called on them, you decide to put your whistle away. I mean, it's ridiculous.

What is very interesting though is how well we played vs the Detroit without Markov. People forget about that.

Old
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
He seemed pretty comfortable leaving his feet AGAIN, in the CREASE, killing a penalty and knocking down his D partner. Oh, and he managed to miss the puck during his slide, AGAIN.
I am talking about his entire game and you came back to blame him for 1 play? WOW, Hang a guy for 1 play? ok so I guess you are a perfect man, never made and never will make a mistake ever,,,, Ladies and Gentlemen we have for the new GOD on earth

Old
Darth Joker

Either Martin plays favorites, or he's getting clear instruction from higher-up in the organization that he's not allowed to bench/scratch our highest paid players. At this point, I don't know which possibility disturbs me more.

Spacek all season, and Gomez before his injury... I wonder just how badly and consistently they would have to suck before Martin would bench them for a period, let alone scratch them for a game.

But one of your younger up-and-coming guys does the least little thing wrong, and he's immediately punished for it.

It's such a blatant double-standard, and I can't imagine it goes over too well in the dressing room...

Old
schumway2

3rd period was like a game 7. Would have been nice to play like that for the first 2. It's blatantly obvious we need a big top 6 forward and another defenseman.

P.S It's funny watching Marinaro and Carbo on l'antichambre. Carbo's like

Old
12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
le_sean

How are the Red Wings not undefeated with reffing like that? Atrocious.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not the first time he does that actually.
The Refs were awful. You don't give 5 penalties to one team in one period, and then in the third when they dominate 19-3 in the shots and the other team could have about 10 penalties called on them, you decide to put your whistle away. I mean, it's ridiculous.

What is very interesting though is how well we played vs the Detroit without Markov. People forget about that.
He seemed particularly pissed at how Holmstrom kept crosschecking gill in price on the powerplay

Old
12-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's pretty hard to have the upper hand when you spend half the 1st shorthanded, including a 5 on 3.
Well regardless, Montreal was pretty brutal that second period as well. They played a solid first 10 minutes, a brutal final ten minutes in the first with some bad penalties/poor officiating. The second was uninspired. You cant put it all on the refs. That second period was bad.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:05 PM
holyhabs87

Thought we were the better team for the first 10 minutes of the first, then the march to the box began and found ourselves down 3-1 heading into the 3rd.

We dominated that third period which was very nice to see. It is interesting how we can dominate them so much, outshoot them 19-3 and not have one penalty called..even the biggest Wings homer can tell you they got away with some penalties. Ultimately, special teams is the difference..they got their PP goal and that is the difference.

Was not Akost's best game tonight to put it lightly.

I thought PK was pretty weak the first two periods but played much better in the 3rd.

Datsyuk was a beast for the Wings though...that quick pass to Lidstrom to get the goal in the first was a beauty and that was a sweet backhand on the 3rd goal.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:06 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Well regardless, Montreal was pretty brutal that second period as well. They played a solid first 10 minutes, a brutal final ten minutes in the first with some bad penalties/poor officiating. The second was uninspired. You can put it all on the refs. That second period was bad.
Please read my explanation above. Thanks

Old
12-10-2010, 09:06 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
He seemed particularly pissed at how Holmstrom kept crosschecking gill in price on the powerplay
That was being done on the 5 on 3 which usually will be called but hey this is Detroit they have the refs in their pockets.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
LastRide

I thought the Habs played a good 1st. The problem was they spenty half the period killing penalties. The brain fart by Gorges didn't help either.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Well, he at least has the guts to say it and not being an hypocrite and playing the "politically correct" BS game.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
was AK46 benched most of the 3rd period ?
he was awful tonight..missing open nets, stupid dump ins - a la gomez with no one in site to retrieve it etc...he played dumb

Old
12-10-2010, 09:09 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
he was awful tonight..missing open nets, stupid dump ins - a la gomez with no one in site to retrieve it etc...he played dumb
I agree. He was easily our worst forward if you ask me. Need better from him.

Old
12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'm guessing: Subban out, Weber in/ Price out, Auld in tomorrow. Subban being out is pretty much 100%. I hope they give Price a rest. I don't want him tired down the stretch and playing Detroit is probably more tiring than other games with all the traffic and crease crashing.

Closed Thread