Arnott and Zubov value?

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2005, 09:02 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Arnott and Zubov value?

What would you guys want from Ottawa for Jason Arnott and Sergei Zubov?

What about Steve Ott and Brendan Morrow?

Old
06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
echlfreak

how about hossa and redden...

Old
06-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Brodeur

I believe Zubov will be unrestricted once the new CBA is signed. Arnott will need to be qualified at 3.85 mil (assuming no rollback).

Assuming the Stars put a high priority on keeping Modano/Zubov, Arnott might be available for cheap (but talented) entry level players.

I'd imagine the Stars have little motivation to deal Morrow or Ott. Unless names like Hossa/Havlat entered the mix, although I'm sure Morrow for Havlat has had about a gajillion threads of its own in the Trade Proposals forum.

Old
06-10-2005, 05:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
I believe Zubov will be unrestricted once the new CBA is signed. Arnott will need to be qualified at 3.85 mil (assuming no rollback).

Assuming the Stars put a high priority on keeping Modano/Zubov, Arnott might be available for cheap (but talented) entry level players.

I'd imagine the Stars have little motivation to deal Morrow or Ott. Unless names like Hossa/Havlat entered the mix, although I'm sure Morrow for Havlat has had about a gajillion threads of its own in the Trade Proposals forum.
Thanks, I for one am not interested in either Ott or Morrow, now don't get me wrong they are excellent players but we have too young guys who are similar in style but not quite as good in Schaefer and Vermette.

I do like Arnott and Zubov although, Zubov is getting a little long in the tooth. Zubov could be that experienced right shooting defenceman to play with Redden and Arnott could be that experienced 1st or 2nd line centre with size that we need to help Spezza mature. If the Stars would take some potential prospects I would be will to give up Kaigorodov, Lyamin and Mirnov (3 Russians) and all highly touted.

Old
06-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
zubov is a UFA

Old
06-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
zubov is a UFA

If the UFA age changes, and surely it is going to- Arnott would be UFA as well..

Old
06-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn
Thanks, I for one am not interested in either Ott or Morrow, now don't get me wrong they are excellent players but we have too young guys who are similar in style but not quite as good in Schaefer and Vermette.
I'd say that Vermette will be the best of the bunch in a couple of years. By far the best. Stating Ott and Morrow are 'excellent' is a bit too much. Morrow is a very good player on a team's third or second line, but Ott is nothing else but a fourth-line agitator yet.

Closed Thread