HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

HOH: Bruins look to make deal for a Dman with Dallas or Phoenix

Old
12-10-2010, 09:15 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I'm sure the Bruins would love to have Pitkanen, but I think he will cost more cap space than what the Bruins can afford this summer. I think the Bruins will go after Tomas Kaberle. He's a soft defender but he is an excellent passer and legit pp qb and will be less money than Pitkanen. The organization must like him, they tried to trade for him atleast once.
Kaberle has been on how many teams radar since the Phaneuf acquisition, 8th? Burke said then, no trade, and no one knows if Boston is on his NTC list submitted by Kaberle

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Kaberle has been on how many teams radar since the Phaneuf acquisition, 8th? Burke said then, no trade, and no one knows if Boston is on his NTC list submitted by Kaberle
I meant the Bruins try for him when he hits the market as a UFA this summer. This is assuming he doesn't resign in Toronto which I don't think he will.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:53 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I meant the Bruins try for him when he hits the market as a UFA this summer. This is assuming he doesn't resign in Toronto which I don't think he will.
keep looking because you'd have to replace him in a yr or 2, and the B's would be right back where the glaring need is now........

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
I like Daley, would be a good idea, Bill, but where is Ference? The idea would be Ference and Daley being main pieces in a possible deal?
Yeah, Ference and a 2nd? Daley is a UFA, so maybe they want to cash him in for something rather than give him a raise? And if they do this deal, they don't take on any more money than they were already paying, they get a cost-controlled asset back who is healthy and playing pretty well, and a pick for an asset that could walk.

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 11:07 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
Im sure Pitkänen wouldn't feel homesick with Thomas, Seidenberg, Rask and possibly Recchi with his team mates. But then again, if someone strikes me as a guy that needs/wants to feel right at home, with a lot of folks he knows, it would be Pitkänen. There has also been rumblings that Pitkänen loves that he's under less scrutiny because he plays in Carolina. But IMO that's just a weak argument. The man has one of the biggest confidence's I've seen on the ice and absolutely loves to play under pressure.

The boys

Pitkanen's wife, Simi, and Ruutu's girlfriend, Emilia Holm

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote