HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

'92-'94-born talent

Old
04-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Garl

vCash: 500
Teams 92 and 93 won all their games at finncamplen right now.

Finnish 92 team without their stars seems to be weak, Sweden won both games, 2-1 and 7-0. By reports Sweden is a class higher team.

Finnish Team 93 however seems to be pretty srtong. What's funny is that this season we played I think several games against them, and at Nordic Trophy we won a game despite losing 2-4 like a couple of muinutes before the final whistle.

In Finncampen we won both games in shootouts. In one of them Arvidsson scored game tie goal at 19:59, in another one we came back after 3 goal defecit.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:07 PM
JFA87-66-99

Does anyone have any info on Tobias Liljendahl even though he's a 1995 born. How is he looking so far and is he on the same level as top 1994 borns Lilja & Collberg?

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Tormentor

Saw Kim Lilja playing in a tournament here in Finland today. His team Luleå HF was playing against Kärpät and lost 6-2, Lilja was involved in both of his team's goals. He scored the first goal from a penalty shot and assisted the second one on powerplay after also winning the faceoff 13 seconds before the goal.

Some impressions:
- This kid is huge! Possibly a bit over 190cm already.
- An agile skater for a player of his size and has fairly nice hands as well.
- Possesses a hard slapshot.
- Naturally protects the puck nicely with his great reach.
- Was the team captain, but seemed a bit uninvolved at times. Sat on the bench and seemed uninterested while the coach was giving instructions to the team with his flipchart.
- Forechecked a lot and was not afraid to throw his weight around, but could use some sense in when to actually apply it.
- Had a partial breakaway but didn't drive to the net, instead he turned away from the net, even though there were no teammates supporting him.

Overall he looked like a great prospect with great potential, but I was still left with a feeling that something was slightly missing. Maybe I just caught him having a bad game, but he just didn't use all of his great attributes in a best way possible. After all he was playing against kids of his own age and was bigger, stronger and faster than pretty much all the other players on the ice, but still didn't produce while the game was played on even strength.

If he someday makes it to the NHL, he might be that famous “3rd guy” on a great line by doing the dirty work and by giving some room for players with better hockey sense. Well, this is just speculation.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Tormentor

Saw Lilja for the 2nd time in the final of the same tournament. Luleå lost the game 2-1 and Lilja scored their only goal. He was waiting in front of the net, when he received a pass from behind the net and onetimed it in.

Some additional thoughts:
- He's very smooth with his skating and moves, it's a pleasure to watch him play.
- Could easily play with men at a semi-pro level already and wouldn't look out of place.
- In addition to his hard slapshot, he possesses a heavy wrist shot.
- Not an exceptionally great playmaker, but knows how to give simple passes with good accuracy.
- There were quite a lot of shifts where he didn't even touch the puck, so it's obvious that he didn't create too much offense.
- Would probably play better, if teamed up with some other great players. Doesn't seem to be able to carry his line all by him self.
- It's fairly certain that he will get drafted to the NHL and you can't say that about too many 1994 born players yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there would be other Swedes that would go ahead of him. He's just not dominating the game the same way, that I've seen some 1st round picks do at the same age, while playing against players of their own age.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:56 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Well, I wanted to create a thread about 14-16 y.o. Mostly about 92 and 93 since they will play international topurnaments this season, also had played in TV-Pucken and are playing in J18 and even J20 leagues.
I've watched TV Pucken a bit, and some players really impressed me(A.Pettersson, Mengs, Ohman, A.Larsson etc).
That will be a long post.

So what are the top groupes?

92-
Johan Gustafsson-Farjestad
Adam Larsson-Skelleftea
Viktor Mengs-Malmo
Ricard Blidstrand-Djurgerden
Oliver Bohm-Farjestad
Fredrik Claesson-Djurgerden
Gabriel Landeskog-Djurgerden
Adam Pettersson-Skelleftea
Felix Liljegren-Djurgerden
Daniel Mannberg-Lulea
Fredric Weigel-Djurgerden
Felix Eriksson-Brynas
Ludvig Rensfeldt-Brynas
Dan Pettersson-Mora
John Persson-Mora
Johan Larsson-Brynas
Pontus Nettelbladt-Farjestad
Patrik Naslund-Vaxjo
Fredrik Bjorklund-Mora

Some really big players here, I remember somebody said that Sweden doesn't have many big skilled forwards, from this group Naslund- 190/95, Bjorklund-192/90, Rensfeldt-190/85, Liljegren-193/95, Dan Pettersson-195/100.

93-Mattias Skog, Jacob Wulcan, Fredrik Bergman, Mika Zibanejad, Viktor Rask, Adam Svensson, Kalle Johnasson, Emil Sylvegerd, Anton Tano, Oscar Fredriksson, Pontus Gulden.

94-Kim Lilja, Sebastian Collberg, Henrick Samuelsson, Edwin Hedberg.

Lilja has impressive frame and achievments for his age, Collberg has decent size too, and has 5 pts in 6 games in J20 Elite, aswell as 4 goals in just 2 games in J18 Elite. That's really impressive. He is just 14 and is a good player against guys 2-4 years older than him.

If somebody wants to add players to that group or has to say smth about them, you're welcome.
Almost a year since this time sooo, are these players still among the top of their age group (anyone regressed/improved)? Also who else has emerged among their age group (looking mostly for draft eligible players younger ones are fine as well)

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 04:35 PM
garlic

Send a message via MSN to garlic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Almost a year since this time sooo, are these players still among the top of their age group (anyone regressed/improved)? Also who else has emerged among their age group (looking mostly for draft eligible players younger ones are fine as well)
Maybe two new Slovenian guys who played in Grums IK J18 Elite.

garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 05:20 AM
IT

Quote:

Out of 92' Adam Larssons potential is the sky.
FW Ludvig Rensfeldt has emerged as a potential first rounder. IMO out of the forward crop only Landeskog and perhaps Ohman is ahead of him at the moment. I would also add defenders Nemeth and Alm as possible high picks.
Defender Claesson and Berglind (both late 92')are also potential high picks in 11'.

93' Rask and K Johansson is the one's that sticks out at the moment. Both doing very well in respective team.

94' My vote goes to Hedberg.

IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Out of 92' Adam Larssons potential is the sky.
FW Ludvig Rensfeldt has emerged as a potential first rounder. IMO out of the forward crop only Landeskog and perhaps Ohman is ahead of him at the moment. I would also add defenders Nemeth and Alm as possible high picks.
Defender Claesson and Berglind (both late 92')are also potential high picks in 11'.

93' Rask and K Johansson is the one's that sticks out at the moment. Both doing very well in respective team.

94' My vote goes to Hedberg.
+Filip Forsberg, Kim Lilja, Sebastian Collberg.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

From the last TV-pucken, these are the guys who impressed me the most. Take it for what you will.

Oscar Dansk (G - Stockholm) Looked awesome in the few games I saw him. I think he plays for some Canadian junior team.
Victor Crus-Rydberg (C-Småland) '95 though, but has 12g7a in 8 tv-pucken games and is ppg in three games for Tingsryd j18 this year. Has some hype surrounding him already. Could be the next big thing.
Elias Lindholm (C-Gästrikland) A true dangler in the Tedenby mould. Could really become something special imo.
Calle Andersson (D-Skåne) Looked huge for his age, yet quite fast. Has a great slapshot. Hopefully the size advantage isn't what made him look special out there.

Just don't take this to seriously, we'll see how things pan out.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Pellegrino

I think Victor Berglind is a good prospect. He has already played a SEL game (away game vs Modo) and actually played very good, even though he didn't play more than 5-6 minutes, or something like that. He's injured at the moment, but I'm confident he'll convince a lot of NHL scouts during the season. Of course, he's not as good as Adam Larsson (who by the way is a fantastic prospect) or other very highly rated prospects, but he's definitely underrated.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 12:48 PM
BRYlord

Quote:
I´m expecting Oliver Bohm 6,3/208 (defender, Färjestad) to increase his performence during this season. Last year was lost by an injury and it´s seems as he is on his way to catching up now. He is at the moment playing seniorhockey in div.1 and I´ve been watching him twice. Maybe he is a possible surprise this season and can do some impressiv performence.
Adam Larsson = No:1

Last edited by BRYlord: 10-27-2009 at 02:45 AM.
BRYlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Tormentor's thread at main prospects forum made me think about rankings of swedens best 2010 prospects.

Swedish 2010 class seems to be underrated. Probably because we didn't participated at U17 World Cup.

1.Victor Ohman F 6'1 205 Malmo
2.Adam Pettersson C 6'0 180 Skelleftea
3.Johan Gustafsson G 6'2 200 Farjestad
4.Felix Liljegren F 6'4 215 Djurgarden
5.Ludvig Rensfeldt F 6'3 190 Brynas
6.John Persson F 6'1 180 Mora
7.Jacob Berglund C 6'1 205 Malmo
8.Fredrik Weigel C 5'10 160 Djurgarden
9.Oscar Lindberg C 6'0 180 Skelleftea
10.Johan Lundmark F 6'7 203 Vallentuna
11.Ricard Blidstrand D 6'3 201 AIK
12.Felix Eriksson F 5'9 158 Brynas
13.Roger Olsson C 6'1 194 Malmo
14.Joel Ostman D 6'3 200 Timra
15.Pontus Netterberg F 6'0 190 HV 71
16.Johan Larsson F 6'0 205 Brynas
17.Viktor Naslund D 6'1 190 HV 71
18.Johan Alm D 6'2 194 Skelleftea
19.Fredrik Bjorklund F 6'4 198 Mora
20.Fabian Sivnert G 5'11 180 Malmo
21.Cristopher Cunningham C 6'3 190 Lindkoping
22.Fredrik Claesson D 6'1 200 Djurgarden
23.Markus Kinisjarvi F 6'0 187 Vasteras
24.Mattias Granlund F 5'10 165 Skelleftea
25.Carl-Johan Moller C 5'9 176 TImra
26.Patrik Nemeth D 6'3 214 AIK
27.Erik Thorell F 5'9 160 Farjestad
28.Patrik Naslund F 6'3 210 Vaxjo
29.Sebastian Dyk F 6'1 167 Malmo
30.Jens Hoffman D 6'6 205 Sodertalje
31.David Rydell F 6'0 193 MODO
32.Axel Wemmenborn C 6'0 191 Malmo
33.Ponthus Westerholm F 5'11 176 Malmo
34.Patrik Westerholm F 5'10 172 Malmo
35.Viktor Berglind D 5'11 176 Brynas
36.Jonathan Zaar  6'0 185 MODO
37.Henri Snall F 5'9 165 Lulea
38.Oliver Bohm D 6'3 198 Farjestad
39.Philipp Andersson  6'1 183 Farjestad
40 Adam Safwenberg D 6'7 265 ?

It's very primary thing. Do not take this list too seriously, I've personally seen only several players from it, so if some names must be added, if somebody is too low or too high, give your opinions.
Looking back at this interesting to see unheralded prospects rise during the year and get drafted whereas predicted potential first round picks like Victor Ohman and Adam Pettersson were not even chosen.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:41 AM
IT

Quote:
Looking back at this interesting to see unheralded prospects rise during the year and get drafted whereas predicted potential first round picks like Victor Ohman and Adam Pettersson were not even chosen.
Agree. I should not come as an surprise but i remember when i saw A.Pettersson in TV-Pucken, damn was i impressed. Still he's a prospect so we will see.

Out of the 93's we can see some big improvements.
Boyce has become a legit player, second rounder?
Vikstrand, talented defender, draft eligible 2011
Klefbom, had a productive Ivan Hlinka.

94's
Stenqvist, starting to get some hype, draft eligible 2012
Sörensen, another 2012 draftee that has made great strides.

Any other big improvements or dissapointments so far?

Old
11-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Robertsson

1993-born Rasmus Bengtsson has been pretty good the last weeks.

Feature

Robertsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 04:45 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Kim Lilja (frequently discussed in this thread) has decided to quit playing ice-hockey, according to this article, see link, in swedish.

http://www.hockeymagasinet.com/2010/...med-ishockeyn/

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Peter The Great

Gabriel Landeskog!

Amazing talent.

I only have question mark for his slapshot, other than that, a complete power forward with natural leader skills.

Fluent in english and already a team captain in OHL for Kitchener Rangers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339113

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Gabriel Landeskog/?id=339113
Never heard of him!

Old
12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Never heard of him!
When Sundin was drafted first many people in Sweden didn't even know he existed. ;-)

Gabriel will play in WJC though, I can't wait watching him.

Edit: and the stats are looking great!
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/1268

Stats by game
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/r...ByGame/id/1268

Last edited by 21: 12-12-2010 at 11:28 AM.
21 is offline   Reply With Quote