HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

"Versus We Hardly Knew Ye" FLA Panthers v. WSH Capitals | 7PM 12.9.10

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2010, 09:47 AM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
How did dadonov and mcardle look last night?

Old
12-10-2010, 09:49 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
How did dadonov and mcardle look last night?
Dads better than Mc IMO, but both keepers. Supreme effort from both.

Old
12-10-2010, 10:06 AM
BabyJagrov

We are all asking for talent... But out of our bunch of forwards I would certainly keep Weiss, Santorelli, Booth, Frolik, Bernier, Matthias, McArdle, Thomas and Olesz (pre-injury) and build around this corp, it is a nice looking one, still very young ! Even Reinprecht is playing like a man possessed right now... Or is it his fabulous 10-game hot streak of the year ?

They all have weaknesses, but they can still progress...

??? - ??? - ???
Frolik - Weiss - Bernier
Booth - Santorelli - Olesz
McArdle - Matthias - Thomas

We still miss an entire first-line, and I putted it that way because we all agree we're missing that part ! Find a good first-line center, and two physical scoring forwards, and our anemic offense doesn't look that weak anymore... Easier said than done for sure... But not impossible !

But to me, Santorelli, Thomas and McArdle are the latest to prove that belong here, and I'm all for them staying with this team long-term !

Santorelli is so shifty, he is getting better and better... Wouldn't be surprised to see him putting nearly a 60-points season and being one of the leaders on this team... This kid looks like a great find, a great great find !

Old
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Love the Santo goal. What wonders a quick one touch pass will do. We need more of those kinda passes and what hands and patience from Santo

Old
12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
No coach can ever do wrong, and anyone who says anything against them are just idiots. Makes ZERO sense. I know you'll try to explain yourself, and I certainly don't think Bruce is terrible, but I do think they can use a change.
ok, let's have some perspective here - the team, despite the recent slide (happens to the best teams), is easily still among the league's elite point wise. how does a team get there with poor coaching? talent alone? don't think so.

i'm not going to go out of my way to defend a guy who coaches a team i haven't even watched this year but, considering where they are and what they've accomplished points-wise the past few years "i do think they can use a change" is beyond flimsy.

i'll go back to what i said earlier - i think the makeup of that team isn't ideal. they'll get out of this slump and probably challenge for the top spot in the league but i don't see them being a championship team without some changes and i don't think coaching is their main issue.

Old
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Santo has really been impressing me

Old
12-10-2010, 11:40 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
ok, let's have some perspective here - the team, despite the recent slide (happens to the best teams), is easily still among the league's elite point wise. how does a team get there with poor coaching? talent alone? don't think so.

i'm not going to go out of my way to defend a guy who coaches a team i haven't even watched this year but, considering where they are and what they've accomplished points-wise the past few years "i do think they can use a change" is beyond flimsy.

i'll go back to what i said earlier - i think the makeup of that team isn't ideal. they'll get out of this slump and probably challenge for the top spot in the league but i don't see them being a championship team without some changes and i don't think coaching is their main issue.
Only thing I noticed that changed systematically about WAS is that OV doesn't seem to be the complete center of the PP anymore, and I don't think that's a good thing. They seem to want to use the others for more than feeding their MVP the puck, but it works more for the other team's advantage IMO....but is that even a Boudreau issue? Or his assisstant? (In regards to last night, I'd rather see OV hit the post 3x then the other 4 schmucks fumble with it to either have it hit the shinpads of the D or a shot into the logo on the goalies sweater).

Old
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Haj

I don't think PDB is the right coach for the team if he sends Ellerby down.

Not sure I agree with Frolik-Weiss-Reinprecht...line seems too small ? But it worked.

Enjoyed watching Bernier and Booth on the same line. Both work well along the boards.

Booth-Weiss-Reinprecht ?
Bernier-Santo-Frolik ?

Old
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I don't think PDB is the right coach for the team if he sends Ellerby down.

Not sure I agree with Frolik-Weiss-Reinprecht...line seems too small ? But it worked.

Enjoyed watching Bernier and Booth on the same line. Both work well along the boards.

Booth-Weiss-Reinprecht ?
Bernier-Santo-Frolik ?
Then why separate them?
Wait....are you PDB, also trying to tell us your keeping Ellerby up and in turn the right guy for the job???

Old
12-10-2010, 12:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I miss the BOM line...hopefully when Olesz returns from one of his many traditional injuries

Old
12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
You're right, kinda. He was the 3rd star.

I also thought Ellerby had a hell of a game. Guy was very mobile and had great gap control on some plays(see stopping OV in first). He's getting more and more comfortable out there.
my bad yeah, hahaah i meant 3rd star, vokie was obviously 1st

Old
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Missed the game the other night but caught the highlights. Nice effort by Frolik in front of the net to score the 1st goal of the game. Great goal by Santorelli late in the game too. And kudos to Voky for keeping the score tied early in the game. Let's hope Frolik, Booth & Weiss stay hot now.

Closed Thread