Notices

Iginla offered to Kings?

Old
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
I am willing to bet that whatever L.A. offers Boston can trump and Iginla would waive his NTC to play with his buddies Lucic, Savard and Bergeron.

I post this every couple months to Calgary fans and it is interesting to see the changes in opinion as he ages.

To CGY:

RW Michael Ryder
1st Round 2011 (Toronto)
C Joe Colborne
D Andrew Ference

To BOS:

RW Iginla

Obviously Ryder and Ference are there for cap reason but can both contribute for this season and Ference for next season. The big pieces are the Leafs 1st and Colborne who would make the team out of camp and could probably play right now for the Flames.

Thoughts?

Cheers
I say yes to that... esp with Toronto`s 1st and Colborne.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Coach Parker, that deal is awesome. I'm sure a lot of Bruins fans would be up in arms about it but it's probably pretty close to Iginla's value.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post
This deal can't be consummated. The Flames have the maximum number of contracts allowed (50). They couldn't take on three more contracts even if they wanted to.
Secondly, why would the Kings take on $7 million for 2 1/2 more years while sending the Flames virtually none back?
Itís going to take a couple years to undo this mess here in Calgary.
Thirdly this 'rumor' is from a long time ago

Fourthly, why would yu tell me things I already know?

Fifthly, our season is going bad enough we donn't need to read the crap you spew on top of it

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford and Sons View Post
Aside from repeating an argument I made about Iginla's trade value previously, you added that Iginla has a terrible contract. It might be your use of the word in particular but Iginla's contract is still the second best bang for buck on this team, even if he's not completely playing up to it, he's not a terrible contract hit. If he was, the only reason for the Flames to keep him would be a lack of interest.

Admittedly, when I made the argument, I was imposing Sutter's propensity to acquire past prime vets over promising talent when I made the claim that a single 60+ point forward (that said player would be included in a package was implied) for Iginla would be a good return. Still, I really doubt that Iginla would get Schen plus anything else without something juicy thrown in. He has shown some youth this season but his trade value is on the decline and, depending on this season's performance, the Flames might not get anything worthwhile out of it. Ultimately, I am skeptical that there is a GM willing to acquire Iginla for a price that's worth the loss to this team.

I am interested to see if Lombardi is willing, his pursuit of Kovalchuk in the off season implies a sense of urgency somewhat tempered with good sense. Not because Kovalchuk would have the same performance this year as a King (he wouldn't) but the ridiculous contract length the Devils gave him. If his urgency gets the better of him he may look the fool in a Kings/Flames trade. Even then, it would take a lot to make a move as potentially bad as the 100mil contract for Kovalchuk.

Edit: As I check this for errors I realize the vain hope that Sutter, who has been hosed by multiple GMs (Tambellini, Sather, Burke....), that the chances of a good return for Iginla are further hurt by Sutter's incessant need to acquire more over the hill experience at the expense of future talent. That is the biggest thing getting in the way of value for Iginla.
Sorry, his cap hit is too high. For LA, not a good or responsible contract. He is a great player but we have Doughty to resign etc. Lombardi is more likely to continue to look for deals where he can get some kind of discount on his return (ie injured players who may come back like Williams or Mitchell (concussions)). For Iginlia, it just doesn't make sense for LA. If he does decide to make the trade to add "the missing piece", I don't think it will be for JI.

Last edited by Scrivezina: 12-11-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote