HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are getting desparate to sell 100s & 200s seats

Old
12-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Sports fans across the board should just stop going to games. Stop buying overpriced tickets, spending your hard earned money on overpriced parking, food, drinks, ect. Stop stuffing the pockets of people like Dolan and players like Jeter and Lebron. When will people say enough is enough?

For the price of going to 2 hockey games with your family you could buy yourself a really nice big TV, the hi def cable subscription (for the year) and maybe even something extra. If some fans had the common sense I have read in a few posts in this thread the tickets wouldn't be as expensive.

Just think about the Giant/Jet fans and what they paid to get thier seats to watch 8 home games this season. Thats right only 8 games.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 08:36 AM
The Beezer

I know I have debated on getting seasons/some sort of season package for many years. Now I have a seven year old son who loves the Rangers and have started thing about getting the tickets again. But since he's on the young side, it's tough sitting upstairs because he has trouble following the puck. The seats downstairs are unfortunately out of my price range. But the other thing that has stopped me is that there really doesn't seem to be any resale market for the tickets. There just always seems like so much more supply of the tickets then there is for demand. I guess a combination of the economy and an average team doesn't equate for people trying to sell tickets they can't use (and more importantly recouping some of their investmnent).

An opportunity became available for me to buy Giants season tickets and I decided to go that way. I wasn't thrilled with the psl ($1000 a seat), but if it wasn't for the new stadium I would have never had the chance the get the tickets. I just feel like it's a much better overall investment. Only eight games (not counting pre season), being able to stay in Jersey where I live and more importantly there seems to be fair resale market for games that I want to move. I also want to believe that no matter how bad the team is that I would be able to move most of the game for at least face value.

The reality is that it seems that it's a huge buyers market for Rangers tickets (especially in non premium games), as long as that is the case I am better off served just bottom feeding/cherry picking the games that I want to go to at prices that I feel are fair also and more importantly not being stuck to a full season/partial package.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:00 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post

For the price of going to 2 hockey games with your family you could buy yourself a really nice big TV, the hi def cable subscription (for the year) and maybe even something extra. If some fans had the common sense I have read in a few posts in this thread the tickets wouldn't be as
I think a lot of people are really torn, because on one hand we are loyal and passionate fans who want to cheer on the team, see them play, and be a part of the excitement. On the other hand, we work hard for our money and ultimately it is ours. It's becoming an issue where it's even even more of a luxury than it used to be. Even rabid fans are being priced out, and that's just sad.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:42 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Go back to 1993 ticket prices (when the team had a higher payroll!) and maybe I'll consider it!
Yes!!!! Priced me out!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:46 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I got a call from a ticket rep. He was telling me that they're selling 3 packs for Winter games. Intrigued I asked the guy what section they were in. He tells me the 100s and 200s. I tell him, I would be interested if they were in the 300s or 400s. He tells me, we don't have any of those, but we're selling these at a discount of $80 per ticket instead of the face value of $100.

I told the guy that it wasn't worth it and that the team has been horrible at home this year, so no thanks.

I find it funny that MSG has been having such a hard time selling those sections. I guess they finally found their limit in that area. That's the last section where regular people buy tickets and corporations don't as much and they've priced out their customers.
That mad eme laugh pretty hard. You'd like to say "Well at least they're recognizing fans don't have the kind of money...." But then you realize they didn't think of that before the season only after it started impacting sales. So good on you.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Yeah, but when you're talking over 4 grand PER SEAT in the lower bowl that's ridiculous and most fans cant afford it. Add in concessions and you're talking $10k a season for a pair of seats.

Of course I would want to sit in the lower bowl if the price is reasonable. But for 10 grand a season? F that.
Not to mention if you have to commute into the city (via train or car) add that to the cost too!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I make a decent living and have a decent amount of "disposable income" but it's hard for me to justify Rangers games for a few reasons:

Commuting there from Eastern LI (Westhampton area) = minimum of 2.5 hours each way. Train tickets per person are $25+ round trip + cost of driving to and from train station (Babylon) which is about 45 minutes away (~let's say $10) + cost of tickets (let's say $60 ea.) = $180 per game for two people without grabbing something to eat, souvenirs, programs, etc... That's crazy. Now, make it $180 per seat like the seats they're peddling and it gets to ludicrous #'s.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:11 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if they would show their appreciation to STH's in the 300's & 400's and just lay a pair of 100's or 200's on us for a game now and then?

sheesh
After that, they could send the Easter Bunny to your house.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 05:23 PM
nyrmetros

Blueseat prices are outrageous. end of story.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote