HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waffle night backfires - freaking Leafs beat Habs

Old
12-11-2010, 10:12 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Gauthier please get us a top 6 winger already...

Subban looks completely lost out there and doesn't have that confidence he showed earlier in the year.
Yea, I'd be shocked if Gauthier hasn't already been shopping for one. The need is evident and without Gomez, top 6 depth is at its thinnest all year. I'd be SHOCKED if we don't get a top 6 forward at least until the deadline.

Hopefully Spacek is alright. Such a stupid way to get injured.

Nit-picking here but I hope that was a mild lesson to Subban to get the shot through more consistently. His 270 degree swing isn't fooling anyone. He was alright tonight, not as bad as people are saying. Won plenty of board battles and separated players from the puck.

Weak sauce goals let in by Auld. Price shuts this team out.

Refs blow. Hard.

Leafs are still the suck and will bottom out. Consider these 2 points a Christmas charitable contribution to not giving Boston another superstar.

Anyweyz, like I said it was the perfect storm for a back to back loss.

Hopefully we get bodies back for Boston.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
It does bother me how we don't stick up for our players. McCarthur should have been sent a message.
Yep, been thinking that for the past few years. Habs need a bonafide firecracker/nutjob/ or goon, I don't care, because there is absolutely no fear of retribution when anybody plays them, and even if someone does fight from the Habs, they usually ain't winning.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Oh.

And Max Pacioretty needs to be called up. ASAP.
Leave him down in the AHL all year, he would help right now by the last thing I'd want to see is him getting put on the 4th line and replaced by Moen after a couple bad shifts.

This team needs a top-6 winger and we have the capspace to get one so Gauthier better make a move quick because this Moen in the top 6 garbage is clearly not working.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Oh.

no

Gauthier need to make a trade for a top6 winger

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:16 PM
mvp76

we play bad for 2 periods and on back to back nights and you score only 2 goals..nothing to gloat about

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Yep, been thinking that for the past few years. Habs need a bonafide firecracker/nutjob/ or goon, I don't care, because there is absolutely no fear of retribution when anybody plays them, and even if someone does fight from the Habs, they usually ain't winning.
Not even a goon, just guys who stick up for their players. Crosby was getting roughed up by some dude on the Sabres. Kunitz, who isn't even a goon/tough guy/fighter went at the guy. That's why I liked O'byrne.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Oh.

I'd like him to stay with the Dogs for the season but when you have guys like Moen and Laps playing in the top 6 there is a serious need for another top 6 guy and Pacioretty might be the best option right now..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
you guys act like this team have no hole and should win every games. We don't have a second line winger since the beginning of the year, Markov is hurt and Gomez miss the last two games.What do you expect?

Habs are still in PO spot and they play really well most of the time
Exactly. It's a bad run, it happens to every team in the league. Even the Red Wings went on a torrid run (before playing us )

Some people just want to trash this team because it doesn't play the way they do in NHL 11. We can get better, we aren't the best team in the league and everyone knows that, but we still have one of the best records in the league and one bad weekend doesn't change that.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:17 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Leave him down in the AHL all year, he would help right now by the last thing I'd want to see is him getting put on the 4th line and replaced by Moen after a couple bad shifts.

This team needs a top-6 winger and we have the capspace to get one so Gauthier better make a move quick because this Moen in the top 6 garbage is clearly not working.
And lose assets?

We may as well bring him up and see what happens... By all means, I doubt Martin puts him on the fourth line after a few bad shifts, Moen has been an offensive black hole all year... Patches would get atleast 3-4 games to show what he can do.

I don't like the idea of making a trade when you don't have to.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Exactly. It's a bad run, it happens to every team in the league. Even the Red Wings went on a torrid run (before playing us )

Some people just want to trash this team because it doesn't play the way they do in NHL 11. We can get better, we aren't the best team in the league and everyone knows that, but we still have one of the best records in the league and one bad weekend doesn't change that.
it's not even a bad run they just lose 2 games in a row ,it will happen again this year

Old
12-11-2010, 10:20 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughsWeKnow View Post
I like your very nice words for a team who just woke the hell out of you guys.
Woke ?? Were down out best player, didnt play our #1 goalie or our 2nd line center and oh ya played last night band travelled after the game.

the gaffs would be in tough against our Bulldogs

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:20 PM
holyhabs87

If Desharnais can't play for this team with Gomez and Boyd out when the **** will he play? Terrible decision not having him in the lineup tonight, especially against the worst or 2nd worst team in the leauge. It would have been just like he was playing the Marlies.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
And lose assets?

We may as well bring him up and see what happens... By all means, I doubt Martin puts him on the fourth line after a few bad shifts, Moen has been an offensive black hole all year... Patches would get atleast 3-4 games to show what he can do.

leave him in the AHL you are lying to yourself if you think Martin won't put him on the 4th line if he don't play well

The Habs need a top6 winger with experience and I'm 100% sure Gauthier will get one

Old
12-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Not even a goon, just guys who stick up for their players. Crosby was getting roughed up by some dude on the Sabres. Kunitz, who isn't even a goon/tough guy/fighter went at the guy. That's why I liked O'byrne.
I liked O'Byrne for that reason as well. Habs have shied away from the tough guy players for the most part.

I thought Moen was more of a scrapper, but he's been a big disappointment.

It's been sad the past few years, watching Habs getting dumped all over the place, and nothing happening to the instigator.

Even if you're not on the ice, get the guy's number and say Hello on the next shift...Habs have nobody like that and haven't had anybody like that for a looong time.

Also considering that the Habs have superb PK'ing...it's not like that they couldn't handle a guy racking up over 100 PIM's.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
And lose assets?

D'Agostini was ripping up the AHL when we called him up the first time then once he cooled off he did next to nothing for us. I'm not comparing Max to D'Agostini but i'd rather see Pacioretty try and keep this pace up all year and dominate the AHL instead of getting called up to try and be our solution in our top 6.

Pacioretty will be a big part of our future so just let him develop like he is right now since who knows if he'd even produce if he got called up.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You people are an embarrassment.

Send PK down, call up Pacioretty, play Price for 82 games, we need Scott Gomez, some ****** ahler would have helped us win the game.

Calm the **** down.

There will be ****** games. Games where the team puts forth no effort. It happens. No team has gone 82 games without a loss, so stop expecting the habs to.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Desharnais has to play.....How can you play Halpern on the second line and call up Desharnais and have him watch. To make matters worse there was no time better then now. Gomez is out and Desharnais would have in a offensive role.

It's the perfect time to see if he can play in the NHL
I now remember why I didn't like it when Martin was hired as coach!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:32 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

i didnt think subban was that bad, wasnt good, but he wasnt komisarek bad

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

No worries, all the Habs did was momentarily interrupt the Leafs losing streak, and ****ed the Bruins draft pick a wee bit.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:33 PM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

i come in peace....

just have one thing to say:

want Komisarek back? we're better without him.

Good game, always love Habs/Leafs on HNIC. Hopefully more close ones in the future.

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Desharnais has to play.....How can you play Halpern on the second line and call up Desharnais and have him watch. To make matters worse there was no time better then now. Gomez is out and Desharnais would have in a offensive role.

I now remember why I didn't like it when Martin was hired as coach!
I just found it stupid having Pyatt play center instead of letting Desharnais or even Boyd play, he was out for like 2 shifts at center and got scored on the second one.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrKO28 View Post
i come in peace....

just have one thing to say:

want Komisarek back? we're better without him.

Good game, always love Habs/Leafs on HNIC. Hopefully more close ones in the future.

I have one question....was Jeff Finger really worse than Komisarek? I have a hard time believing that.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Subban -3 tonight....he'd better get his **** together, because that was a horrible game from him tonight.

No more Auld for at least a month, please.
This is why you do not bench the kid for three games because of one bad game. Nice going Martin.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:41 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Ya we'd gladly trade Komitose for Subban
I bet.

You'd be lucky to get a 4th round pick for that albatross contract.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:41 PM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

Quote:
I have one question....was Jeff Finger really worse than Komisarek? I have a hard time believing that.
I'd take Finger over Komisarek in a heartbeat....but Burke's ego gets in the way so Fingers in the minors while Komisarek makes 4.5 mill a season for 12 minutes a game

also, hope Spacek isn't out too long, while it was obvious they were gunna drop 'em, Mac really charged at him.

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote