HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waffle night backfires - freaking Leafs beat Habs

Old
12-11-2010, 09:42 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
i didnt think subban was that bad, wasnt good, but he wasnt komisarek bad
Subban was bad.. He was on the ice for all 3 goals against and was just bad like the rest of his teammates tonight.. The Leafs played harder and deserved the win but quite frankly this game was a real stinker for the Habs..

I noticed under your username you have Phaneuf @ 6.5 = discount.. Do you guys really think that? The guy looks like a shadow of what he once was in Calgary and IMO is no where near the player now that he was with the Flames his first couple of years..

With the Flames to start his career Phaneuf was an impact player on both offense and defense.. That doesn't seem like the case with him anymore and @ 6.5 it seems like he is overpaid for what he brings to the table now..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I have one question....was Jeff Finger really worse than Komisarek? I have a hard time believing that.
contrary to what people believe finger is actually an able defenseman. He just didnt make our team because of the insane amount of defenseman, but tbh I'd rather have him up than god damn brett lebda, i think personally komisarek has been shaken up or something, he hasn't been playing to what's expected but lets see what happen after injury break.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:45 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrKO28 View Post
I'd take Finger over Komisarek in a heartbeat....but Burke's ego gets in the way so Fingers in the minors while Komisarek makes 4.5 mill a season for 12 minutes a game

also, hope Spacek isn't out too long, while it was obvious they were gunna drop 'em, Mac really charged at him.
The only entity in hockey that is larger than Leaf's Nation..

And I won't lie at first glance I read "Burke's eggo"!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I bet.

You'd be lucky to get a 4th round pick for that albatross contract.
3rd id say more lol, but meh he's stuck with us for a while i guess, can't do anything about it but hope for the best.

Old
12-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrKO28 View Post
I'd take Finger over Komisarek in a heartbeat....but Burke's ego gets in the way so Fingers in the minors while Komisarek makes 4.5 mill a season for 12 minutes a game

also, hope Spacek isn't out too long, while it was obvious they were gunna drop 'em, Mac really charged at him.
That's what I thought...Komisarek should be in the minors, while Finger is playing.
Ever since Lucic destroyed Komisarek, he's never been the same...and he should just glue his gloves on, because he can't fight and risks injury every time.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
That's what I thought...Komisarek should be in the minors, while Finger is playing.
Ever since Lucic destroyed Komisarek, he's never been the same...and he should just glue his gloves on, because he can't fight and risks injury every time.
love komi's attitude but the problem is i think he is still shaken up from something, he just can't get his head and act together, hopefully he does eventually and we get the player we saw when he was with you guys.

Old
12-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

Question: Jaroslav Spacek VS. Clarke MacArthur

who would win in a fight?

Jaroslav Spacek
6-0 210 pounds
Age 36

Clarke MacArthur
5-11 191 pounds
Age 25

Muskoka5Ghosts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You people are an embarrassment.

Send PK down, call up Pacioretty, play Price for 82 games, we need Scott Gomez, some ****** ahler would have helped us win the game.

Calm the **** down.

There will be ****** games. Games where the team puts forth no effort. It happens. No team has gone 82 games without a loss, so stop expecting the habs to.
We'll all make sure to abide by your standards in every single post Mr. Richards.

I want Pacioretty called up because we lack scoring, and it's been evident for a while and even more so tonight. I suppose that makes me an embarrassment for having an opinion and would like something tried to fix our scoring issues.

Old
gusfring

Why didn't Desharnais play?

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TroyM

The only thing that really sucks about losing tonight is that we are going into a real tough stretch of 4 games against some serious threats in Philly, Boston, Colorado, and Dallas. Ouch. I think we'll be fine, but those are going to all be real tests of our team and it'd be nice to have banked these 2 'easy' points heading in.

Really though, we sucked for vast stretches tonight, but I try to keep in perspective that we are missing by far our best defenseman, our #2 centre, and for almost the whole game one half of our current top D-pairing. And our backup was playing and to be honest, the goals were stoppable IMO.

Now, I'm not blaming Auld, he did just fine, and when you only score one goal well the goalie is never to blame, but I think the combination of all those factors lets me breathe easy.

I just really hope Gomez and Spacek are back after the days off cause we'll need them in the big games coming 4 strong next week.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 09:56 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Subban was bad.. He was on the ice for all 3 goals against and was just bad like the rest of his teammates tonight.. The Leafs played harder and deserved the win but quite frankly this game was a real stinker for the Habs..

I noticed under your username you have Phaneuf @ 6.5 = discount.. Do you guys really think that? The guy looks like a shadow of what he once was in Calgary and IMO is no where near the player now that he was with the Flames his first couple of years..

With the Flames to start his career Phaneuf was an impact player on both offense and defense.. That doesn't seem like the case with him anymore and @ 6.5 it seems like he is overpaid for what he brings to the table now..
hes been good as a leaf...with him in the lineup our record has been pretty good. he was my fav. player even before he was a leaf, im a huge fan.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:01 PM
clarke19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusANDmarychain View Post
who would win in a fight?

Jaroslav Spacek
6-0 210 pounds
Age 36

Clarke MacArthur
5-11 191 pounds
Age 25
...In this completely hypothetical scenario that we've never seen before...

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:06 PM
TroyM

Also; wow @ MacArthur's over reaction on that play, that was ridiculous. Equally ridiculous; Spacek obliging him with a fight. WTF? Did he not learn from his last attempt at fighting where he just fell backwards immediately and got embarrassed?

I hate when a stupid play like that leads to an injury. Spacek is too important to the team while being too crappy of a fighter to ever think about dropping the gloves unless absolutely necessary.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:08 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
This is why you do not bench the kid for three games because of one bad game. Nice going Martin.
Agreed. Unsurprisingly, it has made Subban tentative and scared cause he's worried about being benched again.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Hey guys, I said something in the GDT earlier, I actually meant that in the Leaf's GDT, but I always like to read what our opposing team's GDT pans out, when we give a goal or when we get a goal. With the Habs, I got a little excited, didn't see which it was and posted.

The Habs have been playing great, and I don't mean to really say much bad about them, but its just "pleasantries" that are exchanged. I am sure, even though the Leafs are 28th, It would give you much more to chuckle about if you beat us, then say the Red Wings yesterday.

That's really all I wanted to clarify. Have a good season, we're all hockey fans first before anything else.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yeah, and take away Crosby and the Pens aren't that much better....and take away Lidstrom and the Wings aren't that much better and take away the best player of every team and those teams aren't that much better.

There's just one problem. Price cannot be taken away.
Eh, Pittsburgh has Malkin, Staal and Letang to rely upon if Crosby was not around. They would be hurting, yet would be no less a dominate team. Detroit could easily compete and dominate devoid of Lidstrom manning the back end. He merely makes them a juggernaut instead of a great team. The difference with the Habs is we have few players that can shoulder the team. Gionta tries admittedly however if Price were not playing out of his mind... we would be in significant trouble. We need to score more.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Agreed. Unsurprisingly, it has made Subban tentative and scared cause he's worried about being benched again.
Pretty sad to see PK quiet, not talking, not smiling...

Martin should have just talked to him after the Oilers game

Martin: "PK, do you know the mistakes you made tonight?"

PK: "yes"

Martin: "Did you learn from them?"

Martin: "You're awesome PK. Go get 'em next game."

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:10 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Pretty sad to see PK quiet, not talking, not smiling...

Martin should have just talked to him after the Oilers game

Martin: "PK, do you know the mistakes you made tonight?"

Martin: "Did you learn from them?"

Martin: "You're awesome PK. Go get 'em next game."
Yes, it's sad. He doesn't seem to be himself out there.

I'll give him a game or two and then I'll call out Martin's poor decision-making (sitting a rookie down for 3 games for ONE bad game )

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
acemobile

Send a message via MSN to acemobile
I was at the game tonight, it was identical to the night before. Flat in the 1st period.

Subban was horrible all game long. He looked very tentative for the most part, and when he wasn't tentative he was making horrible plays.

It was the same ref from the night before, hence Habs were on the PK way more than the Leafs.

acemobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:51 PM
headliner

Two nights in a row.....Kowal reffing.

1 PP each night.

Are you kidding me?

Even if you don't score on the PP, momentum can be built.

The non-calls are really getting to me, guys.

We're getting jobbed....and I think the Habs are getting frustrated. Blatant calls missed on the Leafs tonight.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:55 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
It was a frozen dish night. Oh well. The refs are tired of us and are trying to teach us a lesson. Ok. It didn't stop number nine. It's been like that. It shouldn't cancel us. We are "that" team, afterall. Long live the Montréal Canadiens.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeronne View Post
Yes, it's sad. He doesn't seem to be himself out there.

I'll give him a game or two and then I'll call out Martin's poor decision-making (sitting a rookie down for 3 games for ONE bad game )
If you think it was one bad game, this kid has been bad after the start of the season, if half of the people here will look at him play, he's not great, there is time needed for a player to develop.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2010, 11:59 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
If you think it was one bad game, this kid has been bad after the start of the season, if half of the people here will look at him play, he's not great, there is time needed for a player to develop.
And yet it's funny you we're no where to be bound at the beginning of the season with this critisism of his play?

He was playing GREAT hockey until the 11-12 game mark. Get over yourself already.

Old
12-12-2010, 12:06 AM
gusfring

Unless Gauthier gets off his a$$ and either picks up a defenseman or a top 6 forward, I expect Boston to pass us shortly, and we'll be back battling for that last playoff spot sooner rather than later.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
And yet it's funny you we're no where to be bound at the beginning of the season with this critisism of his play?

He was playing GREAT hockey until the 11-12 game mark. Get over yourself already.
True enough, he was playing great, but for a young player who doesn't play as good as vets, yeah he should be pointed out and benched imo, too much focus is put on "we need him to play to get better". I'd say a lot of coaches are focued on short term success.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote