HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Motivational Edition Florida Panthers @ Nashville Predators

Old
12-12-2010, 01:10 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Im so glad Hordichuk is gone. A real tough guy falling to a powerful shove from Steve Sullivan. Also not ready to back down from the very tough pugilist JP Dumont.

I have to say, towards the end of the night the defense wanted to test Lindback because we were throwing pucks in front of our net. Luckily Lindback was excellent and Florida is worse than us at scoring.

AMAZING hit by Tootoo, we should have gotten a 5 minute PP for McCabe dropping the gloves and jumping Toots from behind. Whatever I guess I can't complain we got the win.
I don't know what Hordi was trying to prove tonight. Flopping on Sully's "Powerful" crosscheck was disgraceful and I laughed when Hordi and Dumont went body to body a couple times and he couldn't get the best of JP, a real tough guy

Seeing Hordi reminds me of debates I had with Canuck fans a few years ago whether Hordi or Tootoo was the better actual hockey player, not just tough guy.

I hope the crowd was watching tonight because it's not often your going to see us play a team more offensively inept than we are.

Great game for Lindback. He's doing well but really the team has really stepped up their game when he has been in there. Good to see.

I like when we have the lead beginning to end. Not the greatest game in the world but good teams find a way to beat teams they should beat. Now let's continue that trend Mon.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:26 AM
RollingPredFan

Question: If Lindback keeps playing this way... Goalie controversy?

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Legionnaire11

I still wish we had kept Hordichuk. he did a tremendous acting job last night and drew the penalty on Sullivan. He was by far the most effective enforcer that the Preds ever had IMO. Not a true heavyweight, but he never had a problem handling guys like Brashear and Worrell. Plus he actually had somewhat serviceable hockey skills, enough to skate 4th line minutes anyway. It was always fun to see him and Toots hit the ice together, like two wrecking balls flying around hitting everyone in a different jersey. Plus he was an ultra nice guy away from the rink.

As for Vokoun, I give him the "You Suck" every time. Not that I didn't love him when he was here, but the fact is he plays for a different team now. We had a good discussion a few years back on the old preds boards, and it nearly unanimous that if Gretzky "sucked", then certainly so did Vokoun, and in fact Tomas would probably be honored to receive the usual treatment from the Preds fans. His first game back it was probably 50/50 in the arena between sucks and cheers.

--------------------------------

Anyway, great effort last night. The team has been so streaky this season, lets hope they can ride this one as long as possible.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Question: If Lindback keeps playing this way... Goalie controversy?
Absolutely not. Rinne is the No. 1 and Lindback is a fresh faced rookie that's still learning.

Lindback has definitely earned the trust and confidence of the whole team though and should be getting a regular start every once and a while down the stretch...

Vokoun, Mason, Ellis, and Rinne were all much older and well established before they took the reins. Lindback is in his first NA pro season, is younger, and the bottom line is that Pekka was playing solid when he was injured.

Absolutely no goalie controversy in Nashville.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:58 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Absolutely not. Rinne is the No. 1 and Lindback is a fresh faced rookie that's still learning.

Lindback has definitely earned the trust and confidence of the whole team though and should be getting a regular start every once and a while down the stretch...

Vokoun, Mason, Ellis, and Rinne were all much older and well established before they took the reins. Lindback is in his first NA pro season, is younger, and the bottom line is that Pekka was playing solid when he was injured.

Absolutely no goalie controversy in Nashville.
So if Lindback put up an 80% winning percentage, had a goals against under 2 and a save percentage above .930 and the team was on a roll when Rinne came back that he wouldn't still be starting? Seth, there are no absolutes in any sport. Anything can change in the snap of a finger. I agree Rinne will be the starter again when he comes back but if Lindback stands on his head while Rinne's out, you never know what can happen.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So if Lindback put up an 80% winning percentage, had a goals against under 2 and a save percentage above .930 and the team was on a roll when Rinne came back that he wouldn't still be starting? Seth, there are no absolutes in any sport. Anything can change in the snap of a finger. I agree Rinne will be the starter again when he comes back but if Lindback stands on his head while Rinne's out, you never know what can happen.
Wally Pipp and Drew Bledsoe agree!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilockitdown View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWrvOTPxf4

Just dropping by here to say that Tootoo's hit is probably my fave of all time, that i can think of at this moment lol, Hope you guys get some more action in your GDTs than this one, really like your team when they are healthy, play a type of style that i wish my team played when i played the minor hockey lol, just not the style i would watch for excitement
I think most of the regulars were at the game. you know, instead of online on a message board.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
Look, I loved Vokoun when he was here. He got a bad deal. It's old news. He is on a different team. I could understand all the love if we had won a cup or maybe even a playoff series with him.

I think I was the only one that yelled Vokoun sucks after the first goal. So is it every good ex Predator player gets a pass on the "you suck"?

He did have an awesome song for a great save.
no, it's because he was one of the victims of the "Liarpold" salary dump and the rollercoaster summer...........

I think he is mixed with the emotions of that time, and he is seen as a victim of something other than "ordinary" sports trading of players. And so I think the fans honor him because of that.

Just my 2 cents.

As far as the goalie controversy, I don't think there is one either.

However, I do think Rinne has had a very difficult year. I think it will be hard for him to get back into the groove after this injury. He does seem like he is struggling with the job this year. Hopefully the injury and the time off will help mentally.

I would love for Lindy to stand on his head. I think his confidence just grows with every game.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
glenngineer

Just to quantify my earlier statement, I don't think there's a controversy right now. Rinne is still the starter. If Lindback plays out of his mind, that's a totally different story. I just don't believe in absolutes in sports. If that were the case, they'd give the Cup to Detroit every year, the World Series to the Yankees and the Patriots would've been undefeated at 19-0. Funny how playing the games changes a lot.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
so tootoo gets 2,3 or 5 games?
for a totally clean hit? hope ur being sarcastic.....

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:02 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I don't want Lindback to ever head butt me.

Oh and Tootoo won't get suspended. He shouldn't have even been penalized. Since when is hitting someone cleanly and then taking a few punches to the face from a guy who's too much of a ***** to let a good hockey play slide a roughing penalty?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
post game thoughts

1. Hordichuk...really man?

2. I thought the first 20 minutes were awesome and the last 40 minutes were rather boring. If we had been playing Chicago or Detroit we would have been burned for 5 goals the way we were playing.

3. I thought that Klein-Cube were pretty bad last night. They got rotated on in the corners and couldnt clear for most of the night, it seemed to me.

4. Tootoo

5. I still like Vokoun, I chanted his name but didnt finish the cheer. I just didnt have it in me.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Top 6 Spaling

No, there is not a controversy yet. But if Rinne is really out for 3 more weeks and the preds go 10-4 or so in that stretch, there really might be. Lindback and Rinne have identical GAAs (2.38), while Lindback has a slight edge in SV% (918 for Rinne,.925 for Lindback). The real difference is record. With Rinne, we are 8-7-4, and with Linds we're 6-1-2. Lets say we go 7-2-3 with Rinne out and Linback plays every game. Suddenly, his record is 13-3-5, and Rinne's is 8-7-4. I think at that point you at least need to go to a 1a-1b look. But that is still a long way off and we need to play some great hockey in front of him first. As i already said, no controversy yet, but let's see how the next 2-3 weeks go.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 01:08 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm not sure how I feel about going back to a 1A-1B type of rotation. It seems in the past Rinne has struggled when used like that, yet plays very well when made to be the workhorse. Lindback has shown twice already this season to have the capability of coming off of the bench with little-to-no warning and play well. I guess this is a pretty good problem to have, or potentially have.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote