HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens recall Max Pacioretty

Old
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
If he doesnt play with Eller or Gomez

ill be pretty ****in pissed

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
How are we suppose to take anything you write seriously, when we have to look at your avatar ?
lol!! Good one!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

I'm not worried. Maybe for a game or two but beyond that he's not going to be put on the 4th line, and Moen on the 2nd isn't sustainable, period. Hell, if Gomez is out bring up DD and let them play together. Call it any number you like, give them ice time on the PP and they'll make an impression I think.

If Gomer comes back, I'd be interested in seeing him with Gio and Gomez. AK is lost without a top center, and Cammy's ready to go on a hot streak with the right center. Also playing with Gomez would both give him a real shot to contribute it would also take a lot of pressure off him to succeed. All he has to do is outpoint Moen and he's an improvement. Meanwhile Eller and Pouliot can try and keep working together. Pouliot was terrible against Toronto, unfortunately.

Bullsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

if i dont see

patches- gomez-gio
cammy-pleks-ak

or

cammy - gomez - gionta
patches - plek - ak (they were dominant in their short time together last year!)

ill be mad.

Old
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Martin will put him on the 4th line with Pyatt and Lapierre. Moen stays on the 2nd. That's a fact.
Yeah, he certainly might. But it won't last an entire game, much less a season.

Old
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Blah, find a spot for Desharnais.. cause unless Patches plays with Plekanec, we're hurting his development.

As for the lineup?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Patches - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Darche
Pyatt - Halpern - Moen

Without Gomez, sub him with Halpern who is replaced by Lapierre.
I agree. I know you and I are pushing for Desharnais a lot but I would have liked to see now that you mention it (and I take back my last post)

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Patches - Desharnais - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Darche
Pyatt - Halpern - Moen

I don't care what anyone says, I've seen enought of Desharnais to expect him to contribute very well on that line.. He's already found chemistry with with Patches and I could expect the same for Gionta.

Desharnais has done his time in the AHL. It's time to call him up.

I so wish that PG could find a way to rid this team of Gomez. Again, nothing against the person.. I just really think it's time to have him try his luck elsewhere. And if not now, let's see what Desharnais can do in the NHL with Ginota and Pacioretty at his sides...

Old
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

I think playing with any of the Habs centers right now could be beneficial for the Max P...not like Plekanec, Gomez, Halpern and Eller are garbage.

That being said, i'd be suprised if Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta weren't united as a line...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Same people that were calling him a bust 3 month ago now want him to play 18min a game

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
la25ecoupe

Cammy - Plek - AK
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Palujsha - Eller - Patches
Pyatt - Halpern - Moen

This is the year!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Maxpac

Matin went to see the game today and was like "**** it, i want this guy on my roster."

I'm really hoping the line-up will be

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Maxpac-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche
Moen-Halpern-Lappierre

That would our best line-up in a very, VERY long time.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
If Gomez is still out i would like to see our top6 as:

Cammy-Plex-AK
MaxPac-Eller-Benny

with a bottom six of

Darche-Halpern-Lappy
Moen-Pyatt-Weber(?)

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:59 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
If Gomez is still out i would like to see our top6 as:

Cammy-Plex-AK
MaxPac-Eller-Benny

with a bottom six of

Darche-Halpern-Lappy
Moen-Pyatt-Weber(?)
Hmmm... our captain?

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think playing with any of the Habs centers right now could be beneficial for the Max P...not like Plekanec, Gomez, Halpern and Eller are garbage.

That being said, i'd be suprised if Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta weren't united as a line...
I would rather see Pacioretty play with Halpern than Gomez.. Sad, I know....

Old
12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Inevitable, Pacioretty leads the AHL in goals, points, and shots.

This may also mean Gomez is still injured and Subban will be benched again. If Martin won't give Pacioretty PP time or top 6 minutes, I'd hope at least we can see Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty a couple times. If that line manages to click...
But some posters keep saying JM ruins players. Patches was nearly rushed into a career as a fringe player best known for getting pasted face-first into the boards, and not by Jaques Martin. Right now he's a textbook example of how you're supposed to develop a potential top line player, by letting him stay where he is until he dominates and THEN moving him up. We blew it with Tender and with Patches both, and Martin gave up on one but they've completely changed the trajectory of the other.

Don't know how his transition to the NHL will work out, but he has done everything it is really possible for him to do in the A so far this year. Leads the league in goals, points and shots! Who predicted that? Even if DD deserves a lot of the credit, again, that's also a credit to the org for going out and signing DD out of junior.

I'm sorry PK's having some trouble right now, but I'm SO HAPPY to see high organizational standards being put in place and players having to EARN THEIR SLOTS. This is how the Habs org I grew up with operated. Took Gainey a long time to re-institute it, but damn I'm proud of the org he built. And I eat crow for the lack of respect I had for Gauthier (and Boivin) when he was handed the job.

Old
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Hmmm... our captain?
OMG i such an idiot haha i meant to put him instead of benny, then have a bottom6 of

Darche-Halpern-Benny
Moen-Pyatt-Lappy

and then scratch one D

Old
12-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
But some posters keep saying JM ruins players. Patches was nearly rushed into a career as a fringe player best known for getting pasted face-first into the boards, and not by Jaques Martin. Right now he's a textbook example of how you're supposed to develop a potential top line player, by letting him stay where he is until he dominates and THEN moving him up. We blew it with Tender and with Patches both, and Martin gave up on one but they've completely changed the trajectory of the other.

Don't know how his transition to the NHL will work out, but he has done everything it is really possible for him to do in the A so far this year. Leads the league in goals, points and shots! Who predicted that? Even if DD deserves a lot of the credit, again, that's also a credit to the org for going out and signing DD out of junior.

I'm sorry PK's having some trouble right now, but I'm SO HAPPY to see high organizational standards being put in place and players having to EARN THEIR SLOTS. This is how the Habs org I grew up with operated. Took Gainey a long time to re-institute it, but damn I'm proud of the org he built. And I eat crow for the lack of respect I had for Gauthier (and Boivin) when he was handed the job.
I think the change has more to do with Gauthier than Martin. Every since Gauthier took over, we haven't been rushing prospects at all.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Picaroon

I think Lapierre will be the odd man out. He has been invisible lately and he doesn't kill penalties or play the power play. Pyatt has been excellent on the PK and deserves to play.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
couris

Quote:
I think the change has more to do with Gauthier than Martin. Every since Gauthier took over, we haven't been rushing prospects at all.
How many drafts were been made with PG as GM? only 1 year.......

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:10 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Top 6 or gtfo!

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithson876 View Post
I think Lapierre will be the odd man out. He has been invisible lately and he doesn't kill penalties or play the power play. Pyatt has been excellent on the PK and deserves to play.
I disagree. I think Lappy has been playing with alot of jump and effort, plus as (IIRC) Boone said on HI/O his stats the past few games dont reflect that effort. Pyatt has also been good. I'd Say we have a good problem on our hands. Like our D, we have so many players to choose from and only a few spots available. i'd say scratch moen but then again I think we're playing the flyers next. (darche maybe? )

Old
12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

its true really, all 4 of our centerman arent push overs

but its the 3rd man... i dont want to see pyatt or moen or lapierre with patches...

Old
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithson876 View Post
I think you make a good point. I like Lapierre and think he has potential to score more, but you have to use your assets wisely and someone's bound to move..

But maybe there is a trade brewing and we will all be surprised...

Old
12-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
I disagree. I think Lappy has been playing with alot of jump and effort, plus as (IIRC) Boone said on HI/O his stats the past few games dont reflect that effort. Pyatt has also been good. I'd Say we have a good problem on our hands. Like our D, we have so many players to choose from and only a few spots available. i'd say scratch moen but then again I think we're playing the flyers next. (darche maybe? )
True enough. I like Lappy... and Pyatt... and Moen lol. Tough choice for sure. Martin will never bench Moen though. So it has got to be either Pyatt or Lapps

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Fair enough. Carbo likely needs to shoulder some blame too. Regardless, Gauthier's in charge of the roster and he's making much better decisions than Gainey was making in his first couple of years at least.

Old
12-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
How many drafts were been made with PG as GM? only 1 year.......
We're not talking about drafting, we're talking about development. Patches was rushed to the league under Gainey, but left in Hamilton, until now, by Gauthier.