HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Moment of silence for Dan?

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 05:33 PM
s7ark

vCash: 500
Moment of silence for Dan?

I am going to the season opener this year and am looking forward to Fuhr's jersey retirement. But I think that with the tragic events of this week it would be very classy of the Oilers to have a moment of silence to honor Dan Snyder before the Fuhr retirement. The loss of Dan has affected all hockey fans everywhere, and I think a moment of silence would be a good way as a hockey community to offer our condolences to the Snyder family. I know that Atlanta will be doing this and I hope a that all teams follow their lead on opening night.

It is just the right thing to do.

Opinions?

Old
10-07-2003, 05:37 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Perhaps, would be out of place though as he is not a member of our organiztion and never was.... It would be ok, but I don't. It would be like us having a moment of silence for the losers of the Chinese civil war, no?

Old
10-07-2003, 05:49 PM
FacelessButcher

I think it would put a huge damper on a happy evening celebrating a perennial figure in the Oilers history. Secondly as sad as it may be he never played for us and these things occur and would be unfitting to do, just let Atlanta do it and if a player on our team wants to say a few nice words after the game or in a press conference its totally cool.

Old
10-07-2003, 05:50 PM
s7ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Perhaps, would be out of place though as he is not a member of our organiztion and never was.... It would be ok, but I don't. It would be like us having a moment of silence for the losers of the Chinese civil war, no?
Hmmm i don't know. I think that it would show the unity of the hockey community. We aren't that detached from it. Staois did play with him and more importantly, he was a hockey player. This is the game we all love and all of us lost a part it when he died.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:04 PM
serum114

I've always wondered about the moment of silence thing myself. I kind of think a rousing ovation in celebration of his life would be spectacular. A 10-15 second ovation from the Skyreach faithful in honour of a life lived rather than a sombre silence in regret of a life lost.

My 2 cents...

Closed Thread